Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #7,263 of 14,275

Love my scuba dude! Really thinking about getting another Amphibia... maybe in orange... Hmm.. 

wow i love that strap, mixing well in the colour scheme.

Im thinking on a better strap on my K, but i might stick with the stock a little longer.

im fixing on a kevlar style strap (or even a kevlar strap) with red stitching or grey stitching.

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #7,264 of 14,275
Talking about Vostok I was wondering if you guys would recommended it. I am currently n the market for an upgrade from my fossil watch. I saw this one on amazon and I liked it http://www.amazon.com/Vostok-Europe-Gaz-Limo-Automatic-Watch-5602059/dp/B00C27F6OY/ref=sr_1_16?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1371084265&sr=1-16&keywords=vostok its in my price range and I think it looks great. It has a unique design and even though I an more of a stainless steel bracelet person I think it wears it well. However I am a huge fan of the nylon straps. Do you guys feel like I could pull it off with this watch?

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #7,265 of 14,275
Talking about Vostok I was wondering if you guys would recommended it. I am currently n the market for an upgrade from my fossil watch. I saw this one on amazon and I liked it http://www.amazon.com/Vostok-Europe-Gaz-Limo-Automatic-Watch-5602059/dp/B00C27F6OY/ref=sr_1_16?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1371084265&sr=1-16&keywords=vostok its in my price range and I think it looks great. It has a unique design and even though I an more of a stainless steel bracelet person I think it wears it well. However I am a huge fan of the nylon straps. Do you guys feel like I could pull it off with this watch?

Cool, i (i would say) upgraded from my Fossil Blue BQ-9165 watch to my Vostok Komandirskie 431186.

Its by your personal preference.
but would you wear it as a sport or a casual? or anything?

as a beater or as a occasional piece.

its all up to you.

I would like to get a snazzy VE watch myself.
keep note of course, VE watches are a subcompany of Vostok which they're made in Lithuania just with Russian Vostok movements.

im sure you are aware of that,

final note: I say go for it! if you think it would really suit your fancy then feel free! The world is your oyster (sortof)

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #7,266 of 14,275
I probably will end up getting this watch sometime soon because this is a watch I like and I'm very picky and as much as I like sport watches I think this bridges the gap between the two nicely.

However I was still wondering if I could get away with a nylon/NATO band with this. I love the look and I feel that they are in right now.

Anyway if I do get it ill post some pics as soon as it arrives. And I am also excited that this would be my first automatic watch!

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #7,267 of 14,275
Quote:
I probably will end up getting this watch sometime soon because this is a watch I like and I'm very picky and as much as I like sport watches I think this bridges the gap between the two nicely.

However I was still wondering if I could get away with a nylon/NATO band with this. I love the look and I feel that they are in right now.

Anyway if I do get it ill post some pics as soon as it arrives. And I am also excited that this would be my first automatic watch!

Those VE's look great on a NATO. I personally prefer the more robust looking ones though:

Check out the Russian watch forum over at Watchuseek as well: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #7,271 of 14,275
Quote:

From what I understand, the new Monsters are pretty much identical to the old ones to the exception of a movement that hacks and winds. This is a rather big deal. The Monster was legendary for being a solid and durable timepiece and exceptionally functional as a diver. 
The hack function (which simply means that the second hand stops when the crown is pulled out) allows you to synchronize it to a centralized, more accurate time source or to other watches in a precise manner. Winding refers to the ability to wind the movement via the crown rather than just relying on the automatic movement to wind it. Higher end Swiss automatic watches have for the most part had this ability for some time, so it represents a major milestone for Seiko automatics.
Otherwise from what I've heard, they're just as durable and reliable as they've been in the past. They have altered the color schemes a bit, also.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #7,274 of 14,275

Got NATO Straps for my Vostok Komandirskie.
Leather is not the most comfortable in the East Coast American Summer Heat!

In Brown And Black, i thought Brown was going to be darker, but it looks kinda weird, if the dial of my watch was white then that would be different but it look weird to me.

Got these Straps from Clockwork Synergy LLC of Amazon, and they are decent quality straps i must say.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #7,275 of 14,275
That NATO strap is a beauty! 

I think I'll chime in with my beloved:

Omega Planet Ocean XL (600m) Ceramic bezel, Steel case, Sapphire case back, rubber strap with orange stitching. The 8500 movement with the Si-14 spring is a technical achievement; really great timepiece! I love it beyond words. Do excuse the hack-job of an image... The camera on the back of my iPhone 4 is shot, so I took it with the front-facing, and flipped it. 

NK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back