Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #7,276 of 14,283
Quote:
Leather is not the most comfortable in the East Coast American Summer Heat!

I hear that! I find myself changing holes on my deployment clasp every day... The NATO route seems like the way to go... Do post more pics 
cool.gif

NK

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #7,277 of 14,283
Quote:
Omega Planet Ocean XL (600m) Ceramic bezel, Steel case, Sapphire case back, rubber strap with orange stitching. The 8500 movement with the Si-14 spring is a technical achievement; really great timepiece! I love it beyond words. Do excuse the hack-job of an image... The camera on the back of my iPhone 4 is shot, so I took it with the front-facing, and flipped it. 

Nice! I've always liked the Planet Ocean, but could never get passed the orange bezel that you normally see on 99% of them (I'm guessing so everyone knows you bought a Planet Ocean). Yours is considerably more subtle and still remains legible. Bravo!

Jun 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #7,278 of 14,283
Quote:

Nice! I've always liked the Planet Ocean, but could never get passed the orange bezel that you normally see on 99% of them (I'm guessing so everyone knows you bought a Planet Ocean). Yours is considerably more subtle and still remains legible. Bravo!

Thanks, that was the idea. 

I am not sure where I will end up in the world, so I didn't want anything too flashy. Plus the orange bezel is aluminum, which will dent and scratch... Mine is ceramic which is much tougher. 

Really the Liquidmetal bezel is the best combo, but it's much pricer. 

NK

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #7,279 of 14,283

@Nick214

Just say please! haha thanks.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #7,281 of 14,283
Here are my two:

Rolex 114270 Explorer I

http://thirtyfivemill.com/?attachment_id=2540

Seiko MarineMaster 600 (Spring Drive)

http://thirtyfivemill.com/?attachment_id=2649

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #7,282 of 14,283
Haha, sure. 

How's the watch running? I did a quick search and I think it's a seventeen jewel manual(?)

NK

runs like any other Vostok Komandirskie, in house made 17 jewel 2414a Handwind mechanical movement.

and keeps time pretty good.

bought it from the user Zenitar, who is a popular vendor for Vostok watches.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #7,287 of 14,283
I bought a couple nice watches earlier last month.

A Stowa Antea with date (white dial, black hands - limited edition, black band) Automatic

Nomos Club (black dial, brown band) Hand winding.

A pic of the two of them

very, very happy with both of them. The club is more casual and is my daily watch. The white dial and styling of the Stowa is a bit dressier.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #7,288 of 14,283
After the first day I wore my new Orient I had to send it back. During the day I was checking it out, and noticed a white speck of something on the face. I tapped near it and it shifted so I knew it was loose and I was afraid it would fall into the mechanism through the small opening on the face and cause problems. I e-mailed them with the problem and got an RMA to send it back for a "cleaning". I must say I'm a little disappointed with the quality control.

The speck was large enough that I could see it on the face at arms length with my 51 year old eyes.  

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #7,289 of 14,283
Quote:
I do love a good German watch... My Wempe Zeitmeister keeps incredible time, in a small package. 

NK

I love my 556I. Simple yet classic design with one of the best looking dials I've seen. I love the simplicity of it. Also I'm not too keen on polished finishing in watches so the brushed finishing all the way through is definitely a plus for me. The design of the dial was the thing which first caught my eye on this watch. I haven't seen a better design yet. It's modern and simple with no numerals. The hands remind me a little bit of some flieger designs and they fit perfectly to the watch. Highly recommended.

My other two watches are Certina DS1 for the dressier occasions and Precista PRS-18A for sportier approach and situations where I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing the more expensive watches. 

I bought a couple nice watches earlier last month.

A Stowa Antea with date (white dial, black hands - limited edition, black band) Automatic

Nomos Club (black dial, brown band) Hand winding.

A pic of the two of them

very, very happy with both of them. The club is more casual and is my daily watch. The white dial and styling of the Stowa is a bit dressier.

Congratulations! Great looking watches both of them. I love the Nomos design. Great looking watches but maybe slightly too dressy for my taste (when considering every day use). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back