Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Mar 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #7,231 of 14,275
Funny story my roommate told me today. So his teacher, one that I had last year, he saw was wearing a nice watch so he went over to him and asked him about it and he said it was a Cartier watch. Then he told him that it cost $17k. He was dumbfounded at the price. Then he said that it was not the one he wanted because he got it as a gift from his wife. The watch that he wanted was $1,000.... He must have been a little upset when he checked his bank account.

May 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #7,232 of 14,275
I've been wanting one of these for a while.

Finally decided to get one because I needed a beater to wear while I work outside.

It's a classic, I hope it doesn't look too nerdy.

May 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #7,233 of 14,275
Has anyone got any experience with Seiko EPD watches from SDGA, SBFG, SBGA series? I have been thinking about getting a good digital watch for a while and these seem to tick a lot of boxes.

Any other recommendations for solar/ atomic watches on the higher end of the spectrum?

May 15, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #7,234 of 14,275
Quote:
I've been wanting one of these for a while.

Finally decided to get one because I needed a beater to wear while I work outside.

It's a classic, I hope it doesn't look too nerdy.

They're so much fun! I have this one: 

Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek. 

May 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #7,237 of 14,275

G-Shock
Gotta love 'em.

May 18, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #7,239 of 14,275
Quote:

They're so much fun! I have this one: 

Man, I always forget to update this thread with my new watches! Spend too much time on Watchuseek and am hardly on Head-Fi anymore. Since my last update I've bought a Wenger Expedition Grey, a Sottomarino Strumento Gauge, a Vostok Amphibia, a Vostok Komandirskie and a vintage Alexander Hi-Tek. 

Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago. 
cool.gif

What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have. 

May 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #7,240 of 14,275
Its the military version of the stock gshock.

I like it, but it's double the price of the standard model.

May 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #7,241 of 14,275
anyone else have an interest in Russian-made watches?

those by companies like Vostok, Maktime, Volmax, and what used to be Poljot?

I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie 431186 to ship in for the next couple weeks.

I read up they are military style, inexpensive watches.

usually novelty watches, but i like how they're from Russia, which Russian items arent what you call common in America.

May 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #7,242 of 14,275
Quote:

Same problem here. I kind of lost it with the watches when I got one for birthday present three months ago. 
cool.gif

What model is this g-shock? It looks cool, simple and no rainbow colors like many of them have. 

It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then. 

Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine! 

May 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #7,243 of 14,275
It's the Casio G-Shock DW5600bb-1JF. I didn't mind paying a little more, since it was the only G-shock I'd consider wearing. :) I paid about $80 for mine on Ebay but it seems they've risen in price a fair bit since then. 

Someone mentioned Vostok? Here are mine! 

awesome, I cant wait for my Vostok Komandirskie #431186 to come in.

it'll be my first Russian-made watch, and my First Mechanical.

Theres a first for everything!

and i guess i have a new hobby interest along with audio.. good luck to my wallet!:xf_eek:

Pictures definitely will come up when it arrives in a week or 2!

May 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #7,244 of 14,275

Fossil Blue BQ9165

I was passed to me by a close cousin, who said it doesnt fit him and he doesnt want it anymore, only needing a new battery.
I am not sure of Waterproofing. but this watch HAS seen better days..

quite a few scratches (not by me) but otherwise would be considered my first watch at the age of 15.

i really like the face design, the flaw i can say about this watch that it is not very luminous.. really hard to read in the dark.

and it keeps track of time very well. as expected of a watch.

May 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #7,245 of 14,275

Adidas Candy (black and gold) watch.
Not really a fan of this one, among the other watches that were given to me out of family having no use of them.

Im not a fan of the perky childish term: "swag" watch.

I have no idea but it feels uncomfortable on my wrist, hence it doesnt get alot of wrist time.

and of course it has seen better days, really scratched up by the previous owner.

I am trying to get some profit out of it though.. I have no use for it, but otherwise i can always keep it to my collection.

is it normal that i like Analogue watches more than Digitals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back