Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #6,781 of 14,304
I agree, I love things like this, there is no way it would be going back if it was mine!

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #6,782 of 14,304

Quote:
I agree, I love things like this, there is no way it would be going back if it was mine!

Youtube video showing the flyback chronograph feature. The watch in the video has the screwed up dial
popcorn.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7zqd-jqy_s

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #6,783 of 14,304
I've never bothered taking pictures. But I wear a Sinn 556 most days. I like the combination of dial and hands. It also has decent water resistance while not terribly thick, and uses a ubiquitous movement. Other times I wear a cheap Casio hunting/fishing timer with a vibration alarm.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #6,784 of 14,304
Well, completely by surprise today I became a Rolex owner again! It all happened so fast I only had time to take one picture, more to follow!

I must say I missed Rolex when I sold my Milgauss and Explorer 1 more than I cared to admit. There is something about Rolex, I think it is the sense of engineering on ones wrist.
As a teenager I used to gaze longingly in the local jewellers window at Rolexes and Cartier's in particular. Four models always stood out for me The Cartier Tank, Cartier Galbee, Rolex Yellow gold Day Date and the Rolex Air-King.

And so I re-enter Rolex ownership with the Air-King. An understated watch and I believe the model that has been in production for the longest time at Rolex. I am so happy and it compliments my two Cartier's perfectly, all I have to do now is get a Day Date and then all those teenage dreams will have come true!

The dial.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #6,785 of 14,304
That is a very nice Air King you have yourself there!!! 

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #6,786 of 14,304
Thank you! Here some pictures I took this morning!

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #6,787 of 14,304
If I ever wanted to start wearing Rolex this would probably be what I would consider first. 

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #6,788 of 14,304
Buying the Milgauss and living with it after has changed my opinion of what every watch should be. The use of it from t-shirt and jeans to a full tux, and the timing adjustment twice a year for hour ahead/back. When people ask my opinion of a good watch and I tell them for a few grand go for a Role they think it is the brand why I tell them, and that is the last reason to me why. Amazing watches! 

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #6,789 of 14,304
Anyone familiar with this particular JWB / Jowissa model? I have been unable to find anything figured it was worth a shot in here.
Front face has Date window , De Luxe, JWB Jowissa, 17 jewels. All I can see on the backing is JWB Special De Luxe 7121.74. As you can tell I am new to the whole watch thing.
Going to have it serviced either way as it was my great Uncle's. Thanks for anything. Sorry about the pictures the camera is not cooperating today.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #6,790 of 14,304
Buying the Milgauss and living with it after has changed my opinion of what every watch should be. The use of it from t-shirt and jeans to a full tux, and the timing adjustment twice a year for hour ahead/back. When people ask my opinion of a good watch and I tell them for a few grand go for a Role they think it is the brand why I tell them, and that is the last reason to me why. Amazing watches! 

You hit the nail on the head. It has nothing to do with the name and everything to do with the fact that a Rolex watch is way more than the sum of its parts!

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #6,792 of 14,304
I have never thought that the weight of a watch could bother anyone...

Apparently it does bother me. Wearing it for more than 8 hours and my arm is tired. I think I should hit gym, grow some muscle.

Ha ha, now I get it why its called Seamaster, lol.

Here are some pictures from auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160709309805

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #6,795 of 14,304
Does anyone in here have a Panerai/Marina Militare homage by either Manbushije, Jackson Tse, Getat or another manufacturer? I'm looking into getting a nice 44mm homage with custom strap, dial and lume. Looking for something that won't fall apart without having to shell out for a true Panerai. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back