Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #6,751 of 14,288

Quote:
I'm looking to replace my Pulsar watch. I like the watch, but this is the second one I've had where the stopwatch hands don't return to the 12:00 position. I was looking at Citizen watches, and I like the looks and features of this one:

I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I want a decent everyday watch. Any comments, or suggestions watches for under $300 USD? I was also looking at the Casio G-Shock watches, but a lot of them are bigger than I like. (My Pulsar is 42mm by 12mm)

Have you considered the new Timex watches? They're definitely on my rader. :) http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N699DH-Intelligent-Quartz-Stainless/dp/B0053EXK78/ref=sr_1_258?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1325020834&sr=1-258

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #6,752 of 14,288

Quote:

Nice, I like it. I'll definitely take a look at this one. SWMBO was less than thrilled with the price of the Citizen, but I can probably sell her on this one.

While searching for watches, I found this: (claims to be a mans watch)

At $250, I'm not sure if it's a joke or not...looks more like a Fisher-Price watch. One site wants $395 for it.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #6,753 of 14,288

Quote:
I'm looking to replace my Pulsar watch. I like the watch, but this is the second one I've had where the stopwatch hands don't return to the 12:00 position. I was looking at Citizen watches, and I like the looks and features of this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BL8000-11X-Eco-Drive-Calibre-Strap/dp/B002BWPDOI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1H09XRF0PMV2Y&colid=1CY2QW3LGTV4T

Citizen Men's BL8000-11X Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Strap Sport Watch

I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I want a decent everyday watch. Any comments, or suggestions watches for under $300 USD? I was also looking at the Casio G-Shock watches, but a lot of them are bigger than I like. (My Pulsar is 42mm by 12mm)

take a look at tissots

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,754 of 14,288

http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BL8000-11X-Eco-Drive-Calibre-Strap/dp/B002BWPDOI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1H09XRF0PMV2Y&colid=1CY2QW3LGTV4T

Citizen Men's BL8000-11X Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Strap Sport Watch

I don't know about that particular model but I know a great many of the citizen eco drive complication models have a thing where if the hands go out of alignment they can be reset so that everythng lines up again. Also I have found Citizen to be one of the best in terms of second hand hitting the markers bang on!

I personally would have the Citizens over Tissot's in the same price range. The tissots in that range use low grade mechanical or quartz movements in my experience and I think Citizen much better made to be honest!!

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #6,755 of 14,288
I think he meant an auto reset from the stopwatch function to re-zero. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #6,756 of 14,288
Another diver added to the box. This one from Zenton, the V45. Features a top grade 7750 (adjusted to 5 positions) and THREE straps (bracelet, leather, and rubber).

This one will be getting a lot of wrist time I think!

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #6,757 of 14,288

Quote:
I love IWC because they are beautiful watches, yet only watch people tend to know about them.  Everyone wears Rolex, and a lot of people who don't know watches wear Rolex as a status symbol.  Also, the Rolex submariner design has been replicated by just about every single watch manufacturer out there.  IWC is more understated elegance, it's a watch I appreciate while not being flashy.

My other IWC (and absolute favorite watch):

The problem is I really like it and don't want to mess it up, so I wear it around less and only for formal occasions.  On a day to day basis I wear the ingenieur chrono since it's built like a tank.

I bought a Damasko 46 black that I've been wearing around as a sports watch, and wearing it a little more than my IWC recently:

http://www.damaskousa.com/models-da46-47.asp

Nice !!!!!

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6,758 of 14,288

Quote:
Nice, I like it. I'll definitely take a look at this one. SWMBO was less than thrilled with the price of the Citizen, but I can probably sell her on this one.

While searching for watches, I found this: (claims to be a mans watch)

At $250, I'm not sure if it's a joke or not...looks more like a Fisher-Price watch. One site wants $395 for it.

>_> ugh... g shock collaborations... dee and ricky (ugly as hell) and now this

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #6,760 of 14,288
A couple of minutes ago I ordered an Alpha Pilot PVD (titanium). Really looking forward to this watch. I've been questing for an automatic military-styled pilot. This watch look great on a black&grey Maratac Zulu nato! Can't wait!

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #6,762 of 14,288
I saw the black and tan version recently, very much my favorite of them all. Also, just think only three years ago was the technology they were using in their TX line which were over $400 in cost back then so these are a bargain. Always loved Timex watches, they are what I call an "honest" watch, they are reliable, proud of their place in horological history and bang for buck one of the best value watch brands out there. I am as proud wearing my easy reader as I am my Cartiers. Oh yes and mr king of cool Leonard Cohen wears a Timex!

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #6,764 of 14,288
I couldn't wear the tan version since all I wear is black. If you're more of a blue jeans and a shirt kind of guy it'll look great. :)

You would like my all black Citizen eco drive Stiletto then! (second one in from the left!)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back