Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 11, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #6,631 of 14,276
 I have a few watches as of right now, but I'm also missing a few that somehow vanished! :lol: I'll try to photograph some more of them.

My daily, under $100.

My "first" 3 watches. The Diver was like $50 so I got it, but I don't wear it much, and want to get a different strap in a different color. Middle watch is one of my favorites. Sea Spider, about $150 IIRC.

Showing size of it. I believe the face is 49mm or so, and the case is close to 60mm. I have decent sized wrists, but I try to keep my "everyday" watches under 50mm.

I have 6 other watches, and two I haven't been able to find since last week. :frowning2: I'll try to post them up tomorrow.

Also you can find many Invictas in the 4 digit price range, you just have to looking for something specific in that range. They make plenty of watches with Sapphire crystals, and very expensive movements. They are a great watch company and offer quality pieces from $50-$2000. Basic quartz Japanese movements all the way to expensive 26 jewel all Swiss movements, and the ever reliable Valjoux 7750 movement.

Alex

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #6,633 of 14,276
My Armida A1 ETA on Blue ISOFRANE today.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #6,634 of 14,276
That makes me want to dig out my Seiko Orange Monster! I love that it has the black date wheel and also the simple but easy to read dial. Would love to see a lump shot if you have one!

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #6,635 of 14,276

Just got myself a new one, a little Christmas present for myself.

I saw it in my local shop and immediately decided to buy it because of the huge digits. Exactly what I need for work - huge digits allowing me to see the time easily.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #6,636 of 14,276

Quote:
That makes me want to dig out my Seiko Orange Monster! I love that it has the black date wheel and also the simple but easy to read dial. Would love to see a lump shot if you have one!

Here it is.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #6,637 of 14,276

A few pics of my favorite watch. I bought it as a remembrance of my son's birth, and intend to pass it on to him when he grows up.

Took these photos handheld, pardon any motion blur.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #6,638 of 14,276
Quote:
A few pics of my favorite watch. I bought it as a remembrance of my son's birth, and intend to pass it on to him when he grows up.

Looks like a very well made watch! I like the tradition, keep it going
beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #6,639 of 14,276
mwilson. surely one of the finest watches made in this day and age. I hope one day to have one. Congratulations and your son is one lucky chap!

Any time you feel like posting more pictures of that beauty go right ahead, I never tire of seeing them!

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #6,640 of 14,276
Thanks for the kind words. It was a long debate between the Lange 1 MP and Patek 5130P, but in the end the Lange was chosen due to its timeless understated elegance.

For what it's worth, I also had this, but never grew on me so I sold it a couple of years ago (the movement was a modified Jaquet Droz):

Quote:
mwilson. surely one of the finest watches made in this day and age. I hope one day to have one. Congratulations and your son is one lucky chap!
Any time you feel like posting more pictures of that beauty go right ahead, I never tire of seeing them!

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #6,641 of 14,276
the Harry Winstons intrigue me with their wonderful technical and artistic creations, A friend of mine has one but I must admit there is something missing for me with them.

Are you familiar with a small British Watchmaker Roger Smith. He worked with the great George Daniel's and now has his own company RW Smith.

I specializes in traditional British watchmaking and his watches are exquisite I think

Here is a link to his web site and below that his fascinating youtube channel where he shows how he creates his watches, truly hand made.

http://www.rwsmithwatches.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/rwsmithwatches

Dec 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #6,642 of 14,276
Same same here regarding Harry Winston. Though I've had that timepiece for a couple of years, something was always missing. They seem, well, a bit cold and impersonal. Lange, on the other hand, seems to strike the right balance of precision and warmth. Kinda llike a tube amp. HW is all solid state. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #6,643 of 14,276

Quote:

Absolutely stunning. One of the finest watches you can buy without going into ridiculous price territory. I doubt I'd ever be in a position to own something like that, but one can dream. Wear it in good health and I hope your son can grow up to appreciate such a fine timepiece, its getting harder to find people who can admire such beauty and craftmanship anymore in our digital age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back