Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #6,181 of 14,276
You really can't lose then, fantastic bargain and I am looking forward to seeing some real life pictures. That model has a lovely feel to it, very substantial, you won't be disappointed with the quality of finish!

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #6,182 of 14,276
Ordered! I'm glad you mentioned Denon, because I am very, very familiar with the brand and have owned it in the past and they make some very good but not ostentatious gear, especially their high-end stuff.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #6,183 of 14,276
Well Done. Really there is no way you can go wrong at that price. Found this link on watchuseek where someone is selling a used one (well purchased but not worn!) for $1000. I am showing it as it has some great pictures!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-baume-mercier-8380-capeland-auto-chronograph-new-box-hang-tags-manual-553901.html

Well done again. It has a similar movement to those in the Navitimer by Brietling

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #6,184 of 14,276
Do you know the exact specs and movements so I can look them up to get an idea? I'm pretty new to all this.

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #6,185 of 14,276
Modified Valjoux 7750 movement. That's a pretty good one.

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #6,186 of 14,276
Do you know the exact specs and movements so I can look them up to get an idea? I'm pretty new to all this.

As Max says the 7750 is a good movement, should have years of trouble free service with it and it is a movement that in years to come you can take to a good independent watchmaker to be serviced instead of the expensive manufacture route if you wish.

Here is a Wiki entry for the movement, you can get an idea of the illustrious company your watch keeps!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valjoux

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #6,187 of 14,276
My Certina came in today, finally, and it's just as good as I hoped. Perfect size on the wrist, not too heavy. I need to take a link out of the bracelet, but that's to be expected.

Sorry for cell phone camera, it's my best camera at the moment.

certina1.jpg

certina2t.jpg

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #6,189 of 14,276
Yes it came with the stamped warranty card and was nicely packed.

certina3.jpg

certina4.jpg

certina5.jpg

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #6,190 of 14,276

Quote:

It really is not "modified" at all, just ordered with a rotor that says the company name at best..other then that it is a stock 7750. Panerai and IWC modify  their ETA stuff allot more then i am sure this company can/will at that price.
 The 7750 is a chronograph designed to be made cheap and quickly which is why you see them in most watches using a swiss Chrono. They run good and are easy to fix also helps. As far as the same movement Breitling uses, not really but not far off either. Breitling uses the COSC/chronometer  grade stuff from ETA but there are lower grades of movements the companies offers. the differences between the grades can be found here   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETA_movement

My old Capeland S had a COSC grade 7750 inside but I am not sure if every Capeland has it.

Also some people don't believe the different grades make a huge difference but i do. Only in the timing have i seen a difference between them but even this can be adjusted later so no worries there.

Either way enjoy the "wobble" you will feel from the movement, I actually like it allot. B&M makes good stuff but their retail is stupid and their used pricing reflects the reality of this. Don't plan on selling it without loosing atleast 60-70% from the low price you paid and if you trade it in at a dealer look to get 10% tops at what you paid (if the dealer is willing to take it at all).  Then again worst comes to worst you always can keep it and have a work watch. I thought the fit and feel of my Capeland was amazing in quality at the low price i paid, it just had a great fit and feel. The watch should do you great for years and years unless you get bit by the upgrade bug. The timing won't be spot on though as with any automatic movement so don't worry about that if/when you see it. Now look at getting some different straps for it!! haha

BTW: When i was looking at Raymond Weil and Tissot years back in Vegas the dealers made the Baume stuff loke like gold, like a true step up from the rest. After owning both i can say the brand is really a step up though. The brand has a bunch of TV spots in the past. Watch some old shows of the Sopranos..they talked a bunch about B&M!..

post pics when it comes in!

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #6,191 of 14,276

A portrait of my daily watch a Fortis B-42 Marinemaster.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #6,192 of 14,276

Quote:

A portrait of my daily watch a Fortis B-42 Marinemaster.

I have been lurking around here for a time. Just wanted to say I love the style of your watch. Looks really easy to read. I bet it fits well too for a daily watch. Looks built like a tank. A joy!
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #6,194 of 14,276
Kinda cool.. It's a 1969 Movado Sub Sea Branded as a Defy (Zenith) model name. I know they shared movements but a Zenith model Name on a Movado is pretty rare.   It has the Zenith high beat PC 2562 movement.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #6,195 of 14,276
Beautiful Movado!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back