Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #5,911 of 14,285
Cool, thanks for a picture of the movement.

I haven't been a huge fan of the diver but these have a modern feel (and love the exhibition back) so I'm interested!

May 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #5,912 of 14,285
We should have a loaner program with the nicer watches. Find someone that you trust, both of you like each other's watches, and have a 1 month limit.

How else can you wear a nice watch that you don't necessarily want to keep, and it it would be a stressful, expensive purchase. 
Two members that have $5K or above watches could enjoy wearing a nice watch that they wouldn't normally shell out the cash for, but have an equivalent watch in their collection.
I would be willing to loan my Bell and Ross, Submariner, Tag Ti5, or Planet Ocean for something equivalent. Of course, without stating the obvious, they would have to be treated better than if it were your own.
We do it with equipment, so why not watches? The shipping is cheaper.

May 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #5,913 of 14,285
Wow, what a great idea! (It also seems that you're quite trusting.) I wouldn't be a likely candidate for participation (my most expensive watch is around $600) but it would be cool to hear others impressions.

May 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #5,914 of 14,285
You are either:

- going to get scammed
- looking to scam people

Quote:
We should have a loaner program with the nicer watches. Find someone that you trust, both of you like each other's watches, and have a 1 month limit.

How else can you wear a nice watch that you don't necessarily want to keep, and it it would be a stressful, expensive purchase. 
Two members that have $5K or above watches could enjoy wearing a nice watch that they wouldn't normally shell out the cash for, but have an equivalent watch in their collection.
I would be willing to loan my Bell and Ross, Submariner, Tag Ti5, or Planet Ocean for something equivalent. Of course, without stating the obvious, they would have to be treated better than if it were your own.

May 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #5,915 of 14,285

Quote:

I like the idea, and it would be fun, but inevitably, it would incite me to spend more money I don't have.  :wink:

May 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #5,916 of 14,285
You are either:

- going to get scammed
- looking to scam people

You obviously need to spend more time around here before posting such inane and ignorant posts. Loaner programs generally work out pretty well here, but they're generally only open to older, highly regarded members (most of which have already met in person). The idea that Aaron is looking to scam anyone is just ridiculous.

May 19, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #5,917 of 14,285

Quote:
Quote:
You are either:

- going to get scammed
- looking to scam people

You obviously need to spend more time around here before posting such inane and ignorant posts. Loaner programs generally work out pretty well here, but they're generally only open to older, highly regarded members (most of which have already met in person). The idea that Aaron is looking to scam anyone is just ridiculous.

Only wanted to point out that "Aaron" might be a bit naive. Watches are a different ballgame.

May 19, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #5,918 of 14,285
Hm.  I have a Seiko kinetic watch.  Doesn't have a perpetual calendar though, which kind of sucks.  But the kinetic charging mechanism works like a charm.  (It's a quartz)

Can't find pictures of it anywhere on the internet though and I'm too lazy to post pictures of it myself. :p  I did drop it at one point though (like a meter or so onto a soft carpet) and the kinetic charging mechanism got a bit...gummy and jammed occasionally and sometimes the watch just stopped by itself.  But it seems to have gotten better now.  (I hope...but it's still disconcerting that it actually stopped.  It happened twice, and I had to hit it to get it started again.)

The crystal is scratched though. D:  I'm so bummed about that.  I went snorkelling with it on once and somehow it got scratched...never touched it up against anything either.  And since then one or two other scratches have showed up...it's extremely distressing.  Though I'm pretty sure it's just a glass crystal...so it's not technically a "crystal" then.

May 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #5,919 of 14,285

Quote:
Only wanted to point out that "Aaron" might be a bit naive. Watches are a different ballgame.

Nieve Aaron ain't.

May 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #5,923 of 14,285
It's not binary actually, it uses single led's for the hours and minuets. Hours in a single column on the left and minuets in single rows starting at the bottom. Its 10:41 in the pic, If your talking about the blue one.

May 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #5,924 of 14,285
You have 15 posts, and have been a member since March 2011.
You have no history here, nor do you know mine, so, the only advice i can give you without pointing out all of my accolades in my 12 year history here, 
Is that you should do your research before even attempting to make such a naive statement here on Head-Fi.

Naive and ridiculous statement that you made. You would definitely not be considered for the program.

Quote:
You are either:

- going to get scammed
- looking to scam people

May 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #5,925 of 14,285
Does this one fit in this thread..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back