Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #5,898 of 14,276
The Orient was found for me by the same friend who now has that Nomos.

They are currently on Amazon with blue face for $107 but mine was found with black face for $38 on eBay.

I give my friend headphone stands and Grado cases and he throws a watch my way when he sees a good deal (he really doesn't need more Orients when he is starting to pick up German Bauhaus pieces)...

Quote:
$38? Is that a typo? Please say it isn't a typo.

Thanks,  @Shane55 for the nice comments!

May 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #5,899 of 14,276
After spending the day spinning some vinyl, I decided to do some snapshots with some watches.

May 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #5,900 of 14,276
Now THAT is a nice Bell & Ross...great combo of finish and band.

beerchug.gif

May 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #5,902 of 14,276

Probably bad form to quote your own post but "tomorrow" (May 4th) turned into May 11th but I finally got it. It's listed at 42mm but I'm not sure what part they measure for that size. It's the biggest watch I own but it's not huge like some of those ridiculous things are, and it's got a nice heft to it. The butterfly clasp is a first for me and took me a couple of tries to figure out how to properly close it. 
Quote:
I ordered this watch a couple of weeks ago and am patiently awaiting it's arrival. It will be my first Russian watch but maybe not my last. It's a Komandirskie K-34 and I just really like that gray face. Maybe tomorrow. (As a long time Cub fan I've conditioned myself to always hope for "next game", "next year", "tomorrow" and so on).

May 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #5,906 of 14,276
May 16, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #5,907 of 14,276
Shane, your collection of black dial chronographs never ceases to amaze. :wink: They are all similar, but at the same time they're all unique and absolutely beautiful. I just wish I had the wrist size for automatic chronos. As it is, 40mm watches are just a bit too big for my wrists, and that seems to be the low end of quality automatics (size-wise) these days....

May 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #5,908 of 14,276
May 16, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #5,909 of 14,276
@roadkcykler: love the band and grey face of that Russian watch!

apnk and shane55:  I'm going to have to look into the Sinns...think I like the brushed casing.

May 16, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #5,910 of 14,276
@ revolink... Yeah, thanks. Sure; redundant to some extent, but as you well know, we have collections of closed cans, iems, etc. All with their own special gift or personality. 
wink_face.gif

Heh... I'm also one of those who tends to order the same thing at frequented restaurants.

Mike Kobold partnered with Herr Sinn to produce his first couple watch lines. The original B (like this one) had the Sinn 'S' on the crown.

@ CEE TEE. That new avatar is really... um... Well, it's got the hair down perfect!!
Hey, yes, the Sinns are some tough buggars too. VJ 7750 workhorse & Ti cases with that sand-blasted finish. I really like the look. Understated. Matte.

Here's the back of the Sinn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back