Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #5,881 of 14,276

Quote:
Not sure why, but I know I am in the minority here, but I think that the NATO straps, cheapen the look of an expensive watch. YMMV.

Not if you do it right...

http://i51.tinypic.com/oa7pzb.gif

wink_face.gif

May 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #5,882 of 14,276

Quote:
Not if you do it right...

http://i51.tinypic.com/oa7pzb.gif

wink_face.gif

Ha!
A couple issues here.
1) He's wearing a NATO strap with a tux. A WHITE tux to boot!
2) The strap is about 4mm too small, and looks unstable and a little goofy.

Taking all that into consideration... it still is 007, and it's simply smashing! There really wasn't much he could do wrong...
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #5,884 of 14,276
I have a Stowa Antea 365, never leave the house without it. Has survived multiple snowboard trips and skateboard sessions :) Should really find some time to take some pictures, I think it looks better now that you see that the watch has some history (I obviously haven't gone easy on it).

May 10, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #5,886 of 14,276
A friend of mine is waiting for his Stowa and his Nomos Glashutte

I hope I don't like them.  I don't need another hobby right now!!!

unsubscribed!

Trying to be happy with Seikos and Orients and Citizens.  (Orient is supposedly 50% owned by Seiko.)

I got one of these as a gift with black face- friend said he found it for about $38 on eBay.

It's inexpensive but I love it.

The cool thing is the black face has a very shallow guilloche that looks like the alternating foam pattern in a soundproofed room or anechoic chamber...

I'll see if I can get a picture of it with a macro lens tonight in case anyone wants a good, inexpensive watch...

May 10, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #5,887 of 14,276

I have 6 of these, strategically placed around my livingroom, and although they have improved the noise reverberations in the room exponentially, I am upset because the foam is now starting to deteriorate quite badly and falling apart all over my carpet.

May 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #5,888 of 14,276

Quote:
I have 6 of these, strategically placed around my livingroom, and although they have improved the noise reverberations in the room exponentially, I am upset because the foam is now starting to deteriorate quite badly and falling apart all over my carpet.

Turn your ozone generator off!! 
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #5,890 of 14,276

Okay- it's a stretch to go from anechoic insulation to the guilloche on my ($38) Orient but it satisfies my new audiophile sensibility nonetheless:

Quote:
The cool thing is the black face has a very shallow guilloche that looks like the alternating foam pattern in a soundproofed room or anechoic chamber...

I'll see if I can get a picture of it with a macro lens tonight in case anyone wants a good, inexpensive watch...

May 11, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #5,894 of 14,276
CEE TEE. You amaze me.
Great pics, and you described that dial perfectly!

And as much as I hate to say it, your friends Nomos is pure junk. Please send it to me immediately so that I can dispose of it properly. 
wink_face.gif

That's a gorgous movement! Nice decoration.

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back