Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #5,176 of 14,276
I've been using a Fossil AM4252, a nice simple looking casual watch. So far I've been very satisfied, although I recently broke it (not a durability issue, I smacked it pretty good :p) so I'm looking for another nice looking watch, but more rugged, unless I can get this one fixed cheap.
 ​
My friend has a G Shock YC LIMITED EDITION WATCH, I'm very envious :p
Any suggestions on a similar "unique" and very rugged watch?

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #5,177 of 14,276
I always regretted not buying that when they had it at Sports Authority with 25% off. =T I'm referring to the G-Shock DW-6900CS-1CR.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #5,185 of 14,276

My Wenger I love this watch!

My mom had this Hamilton I asked for it cause I thought it was neat. The strap is a classic Flieger Strap from Stowa

My Dream watch is a Stowa Flieger they are just gorgeous. I need to pay off bills and save up some money first.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #5,186 of 14,276

Quote:
I know, I have a problem.  Here's my collection:

Now that is a real collection! 
blink.gif

Hats off to you, Sir. Quite an ensemble. 

shane

Oct 17, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #5,188 of 14,276
I've posted a pic of this baby in it's case but I just got it back from Oakley and they took a couple links out for me so it fits me perfectly now. This is my favorite watch on the planet. Nothing else on earth looks like it (Although Fossil tried their damnest in the early 2000's to replicate it but never got it quite right) and even if they had, it still would've been missing that gorgeuous Oakley "O". This is the only expensive watch I ever wanted and when I got some money in my pocket, I rushed out to buy one while I still could. They haven't made these in years and their newer watches will never compare to the beauty and simplicity of these. If you look in the reflection of the watch face you'll see a new Miles Davis Tribute poking out of my head! LOL. I love my stuff....

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #5,189 of 14,276
This is a great thread - it's testiment to the excellent taste of head-fi'ers. I've worked my way though the entire thread and I've been impressed to see some very nice manufacturers represented here (Audemars Piguet anyone!); some of the great German brands you don't see on people's wrists too often, and of course the respect for Seiko is always a good sign.

I've been a watch nut since I was about 18 and managed to build up a small collection - I must post some pictures when I get chance.

Enjoy your watches everyone!

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #5,190 of 14,276

Quote:
...some of the great German brands you don't see on people's wrists too often...

I have a particular fondness for Automatic German watches.  Currently I have 6 Aeromatic 1912s in my collection, not to mention a few other lesser known brands from that part of the world.  

Just recently I have acquired a taste for Russian watches - especially Cold War era if I can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back