Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 30, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #4,654 of 14,275

Quote:
Is Tissot Touch a reliable watch ?

Absolutely, in my experience.  I currently own several, and they've all been flawless.  The originals are not as waterproof as I like, but I've never tested their waterproofness.  They have some new Diver models that are on my list and have 200m water resistance ratings.

May 30, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #4,655 of 14,275
My watches: Seiko Samurai Titanium, Casio Edifice Chrono, Hamilton Khaki SWAT limited edition

And a former favorite, my old Seiko 5:

May 31, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #4,658 of 14,275
I have a stainless steel Kenneth Cole Reaction watch. Certainly not as nice as some of the ones you guys have, but it has sentimental value to me.

It's "water resistant", although in practicer I have found that on very humid days there will be some condensation on the inside of the glass, which will dissipate over time.

How do you guys clean your stainless steel watches? Over the years, it has accumulated some grime in the area between the links, which I can't reach with a cloth or anything like that. Is there an effective cleaning method that won't damage the polished finish?

May 31, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #4,660 of 14,275
Quote:

How do you guys clean your stainless steel watches? Over the years, it has accumulated some grime in the area between the links, which I can't reach with a cloth or anything like that. Is there an effective cleaning method that won't damage the polished finish?

Water resistant watches can be washed with soap and water with the stem down, and the bands scrubbed with a brush to remove grime.  Do don't want to immerse it though.

May 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #4,661 of 14,275

Quote:
kwkarth, did your Tissot Touch come with leather band ?

One is all titanium, including the band, the other two are titanium cases which came with custom rubber/silicone bands with titanium deployment clasps.  I don't believe I've ever seen a T-touch with a leather band.  The attachment point is custom so conventional bands cannot be used.

May 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #4,662 of 14,275

Quote:
I have a stainless steel Kenneth Cole Reaction watch. Certainly not as nice as some of the ones you guys have, but it has sentimental value to me.

It's "water resistant", although in practicer I have found that on very humid days there will be some condensation on the inside of the glass, which will dissipate over time.

Nice post by USG on cleaning a water resistant wristwatch.  For a non water resistant watch, the best thing to do is to remove the band and clean it separately from the watch itself.  When it's dry, reattach.

May 31, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #4,663 of 14,275

Quote:
Nice post by USG on cleaning a water resistant wristwatch.  For a non water resistant watch, the best thing to do is to remove the band and clean it separately from the watch itself.  When it's dry, reattach.

100%...........   and also for vintage watches with dubious seals.  If you're not sure, follow KW's instructions.
L3000.gif

For watches that get condensation on the crystal, we used to dry them over 25 watt light bulbs with the stems out.

USG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back