Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 7, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #4,291 of 14,288
you guys stink
smile.gif
look what you made me go and do! i just ordered a rgm.
sorry about my own wallet!

music_man

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #4,293 of 14,288
^You just got a watch you've had for 7 years?

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #4,299 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ka-boom, why is the flash trigger next to the watch? strap looks real nice, think i'll get one too.

music_man

Why is the flash trigger there?

Just to prop the watch up, and for something else to look at.
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #4,300 of 14,288
Hey, did anyone catch whatever mod blowout happened at WUS? Two mods from the Seiko forum just got canned, one perma-banned. I never liked either of them honestly, but I must have missed something huge.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #4,301 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, did anyone catch whatever mod blowout happened at WUS? Two mods from the Seiko forum just got canned, one perma-banned. I never liked either of them honestly, but I must have missed something huge.

No, do tell. Must have been an ethics issue.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #4,302 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, do tell. Must have been an ethics issue.

I've got no idea! I know there was some kind of argument between one mod and a lot of forum folk in a "Is the Ananta as good as the GS" thread, then he was banned and de-modded. Not sure what happened to the other guy though. I'm hunting through old threads to find out what's up.

Oh, also ka-boom, I found this after reading your post on the Omega forum:

http://omega.watchprosite.com/show-n...ost/ti-424991/

I'm gonna steer clear of that thread since it's stirred up some kind of weird hive, and I'm not sure why. I think the 2500 has a lot of pretty die-hard fans... and they don't want it besmirched. Eh. I take a little issue with the guy bringing up the 1861, but he's normally kind of a jackass and not worth the trouble. It certainly had issues at the start; mostly due to the wrong kind of lubrication being used. The new versions seem rock solid. I thought of that desert trip post in particular because it made ME want an AT, and it's rare that you see an Omega treated as harshly as they COULD be these days.

You should also take a good look at Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. He's worn a Planet Ocean 45mm (also a 2500) through immensely harsh conditions in the Arctic, African desert, and numerous other bumpy and tough situations. Funny that a goofy and kind of clumsy giant who plays no sports like him could prove the reliability of a sports watch.

Long story short, I'm like you. I've had a couple of Omegas and never had a technical issue, even after numerous bumps and bangs. I think as long as you avoid a 33xx chronograph, you're going to be very happy for a very long time.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #4,303 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should also take a good look at Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. He's worn a Planet Ocean 45mm (also a 2500) through immensely harsh conditions....

Is that a PO or a Railmaster? I've been wondering that for a while.

Same movement anyway.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #4,304 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a PO or a Railmaster? I've been wondering that for a while.

Same movement anyway.

He's actually got both, but his Railmaster is an XL and that means it's the hand-winding 2201 which is an ETA Unitas 6498-2. That thing has a massive 60 hour power supply between winds. Here's a pic, and then a link to info on it.

omega-2201.jpg

http://fnord.phfactor.net/2009/06/

His Planet Ocean is a rubber strapped 45mm. He's got some big IWC watches too, but he almost always wears the PO when it's a wet or possibly dangerous situation.

Jan 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #4,305 of 14,288
Good post, thanks Mercuttio for that link. I sensed right away the fan boy level of love when that one Matt dude started bringing up how I posted a "WTB - Stowa Antea" thread a few days prior into the Omega AT discussion. Absolutely no bearing on anything regarding the Aqua Terra. I was just asking a simple question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back