Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 20, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #3,721 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have way too many watches and do not need another one. However due to a previous post I am considering getting ...

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/...3843033816.jpg

I got to have a second hand and a date on my watches.

Hi Miguel

I have one from quite a number of years ago with a small second.....
beerchug.gif

orig.jpg

Eric

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #3,722 of 14,276
Quote:

I have way too many watches and do not need another one. However due to a previous post I am considering getting ...

largepic.jsp

I was doing some research on that brand as I bought a different model on Friday. Apparently, they have a bit of a reputation of putting the cyclops on just a bit out of place and it doesn't quite line up with the date window.

Buyer beware on that one.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #3,725 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone bought a Rolex sea dweller recently ? Too bad it has been discontinued.

I thought it was still around, but they changed the model slightly and added the Deepsea title, I prefer the older one ( Nice watch bass_nut )

Rolex20Deep20Sea.jpg

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #3,727 of 14,276
Nice watch bass nut. The dealers I contacted no longer stock Sea Dweller. I think it's near impossible to get an old style Submariner either. The new style Submariner doesn't look too bad.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #3,730 of 14,276
Quote:

http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/...3843033816.jpg

Miguel,
I'll make a deal with you. We can split the price of this watch , and we will share it, wearing it on alternate months? How do you like dem dare apples?

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #3,731 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was still around, but they changed the model slightly and added the Deepsea title, I prefer the older one ( Nice watch bass_nut )

Rolex20Deep20Sea.jpg

"Original Gas Escapement Valve"??
"Ring Lock System"???
Are they friggin serious? It's like the advertisement of features on a Timex Ironman.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #3,733 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Ring Lock System"???
Are they friggin serious? It's like the advertisement of features on a Timex Ironman.

That's pretty much the only thing stopping me from getting a Rolex, I just can't stand how they want to advertise more than produce a good looking watch. I mean, its cool that they had the "first" GEV, but...come on, do you really have to put it right on the face of the watch?

I know I know, only a few Rolexs have that, but they are one's I like otherwise
redface.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #3,734 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody own a Rolex Milgauss? I saw an ad in Wired yesterday and it struck my fancy. I think I might have a rep made.

They're pretty, true. I just (realizing you and everyone else probably don't) have a hangup over being "the guy who wears a Rolex" when I'm not a salesman, VP, (insert other position of social importance), etc. Everybody knows what a Rolex is, and everyone also probably assumes it's fake.
wink_face.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #3,735 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Ring Lock System"???

Well said. Why would Rolex feel the need to cheapen their watches like that?

Ten bucks says they come out with a non-"texted" version of the DSD eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back