Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 12, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #1,982 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USG, I just love these two watches. Seriously nice. The Speedbird is just awesome... I LOVE IT AND WANT ONE. It is like the perfect pilot's watch. Seriously.

The Eberhard is also nice... manual wind, it looks like?

What straps are those? Lovely colours.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi RP

Timefactors "Speedbird II" Automatic Pilot Watch - Model PRS-7, is currently sold out....Link... though sometimes they show up for sale on Time Zone...

The straps, formerly sold as "Kevlar," are in actuality, an embossed plastic -- but tough, colorful and serviceable non-the-less....

As posted above, this, similar version, with the same movement and screw down crown case, is available many places for half the price of the Speed Bird....

orig.jpg

picture.JPG

I got my watch and the imitation Kevlar straps, a few years ago, from this Link...

The strap that came with the watch was too stiff and was replaced immediately with the imitation Kevlar strap in the picture and a "16.0 mm SS Deployant Clasp, Double Folding - Deluxe" from this site...

I was very pleased with the service and sent them a pic of my Eberhard with the red band for one of their adds....

USG

d-_-b

May 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #1,983 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi RP

Timefactors "Speedbird II" Automatic Pilot Watch - Model PRS-7, is currently sold out....Link... though sometimes they show up for sale on Time Zone...

The straps, formerly sold as "Kevlar," are in actuality, an embossed plastic -- but tough, colorful and serviceable non-the-less....

As posted above, this, similar version, with the same movement and screw down crown case, is available many places for half the price of the Speed Bird....

I got my watch and the imitation Kevlar straps, a few years ago, from this Link...

The strap that came with the watch was too stiff and was replaced immediately with the imitation Kevlar strap in the picture and a "16.0 mm SS Deployant Clasp, Double Folding - Deluxe" from this site...

I was very pleased with the service and sent them a pic of my Eberhard with the red band for one of their adds....

USG

d-_-b

Yup, I know about West Coast Time and Howard from WatchUSeek and TZ, and EOT too. Will have to check out the watch straps from them...

And that Mil-style 2824 still isn't quite the Speedbird, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif
It's just my typical WIS-ness showing through. It is a nice watch though, nearly bought it, too.

However, I opted for a Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman. Titanium case, ETA 2895-2, sub-second(?) register, very slightly domed saphhire crystal and a display back. Looks great, feels great on the wrist. Very happy with this one. And yes, it has a canteen-style cover, which took some getting used to but it is pretty cool after a bit!
biggrin.gif

P1040446.jpg

P1040442.jpg

P1040436.jpg

May 12, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #1,984 of 14,275
Quote:

Yup, I know about West Coast Time and Howard from WatchUSeek and TZ, and EOT too. Will have to check out the watch straps from them...

And that Mil-style 2824 still isn't quite the Speedbird, if you know what I mean.
wink.gif
It's just my typical WIS-ness showing through. It is a nice watch though, nearly bought it, too.

However, I opted for a Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman. Titanium case, ETA 2895-2, sub-second(?) register, very slightly domed saphhire crystal and a display back. Looks great, feels great on the wrist. Very happy with this one. And yes, it has a canteen-style cover, which took some getting used to but it is pretty cool after a bit!
biggrin.gif

[size=medium]Very cool Hammy RP !!!!!!!! [/size]

The only Hammy I have in my modest collection is this

orig.jpg

And since you're a WIS, you might know which watch came from this store....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

USG

d-_-b

May 13, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #1,986 of 14,275
Here is my other watches.

My everyday beater... A Seiko Chrono
DSC_5636c.jpg

This is a watch I received as a gift from my last employer about 10 years ago....I can't find any info on this watch... does Tiffany actually make any watches? or do they just put their name on it...

Its a quartz...titanium case and bracelet.
DSC_5637b.jpg

May 13, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #1,987 of 14,275
Quote:

[size=medium]Very cool Hammy RP !!!!!!!! [/size]

The only Hammy I have in my modest collection is this

And since you're a WIS, you might know which watch came from this store....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

USG

d-_-b

The Khaki Auto will always be a classic. It's a nice watch, for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif
And you have more of a collection than I do for the moment. Only one watch sits in my drawer (ok, well I have extra cheapo digital watches - but those don't count!) and that's the Khaki Frogman. Just finished putting a new strap on it, in fact. I think it may be a tad big for it.

P1040453.jpg

24mm red wine color leather notched to about 21 or so. The buckle's just MASSIVE, but it's light because it's made from Titanium.

Ken's the guy with the RXW/Rockx watches, isn't he? Panerai-looking ones, with some models sporting tritium tube lighting?

As for that Tiffany & Co. watch, I'm pretty sure it's just a re-branded something or other from an Asian manufacturer.

May 14, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #1,989 of 14,275
Quote:

Hi RP

orig.jpg

picture.JPG

USG

d-_-b

Wow, I'm envious. Thats a good lookin watch.

May 14, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #1,990 of 14,275
Quote:

The Khaki Auto will always be a classic. It's a nice watch, for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif
And you have more of a collection than I do for the moment. Only one watch sits in my drawer (ok, well I have extra cheapo digital watches - but those don't count!) and that's the Khaki Frogman. Just finished putting a new strap on it, in fact. I think it may be a tad big for it.

P1040453.jpg

24mm red wine color leather notched to about 21 or so. The buckle's just MASSIVE, but it's light because it's made from Titanium.

Ken's the guy with the RXW/Rockx watches, isn't he? Panerai-looking ones, with some models sporting tritium tube lighting?

As for that Tiffany & Co. watch, I'm pretty sure it's just a re-branded something or other from an Asian manufacturer.

Hey RP

That band doesn't look too big at all.... how about a wrist shot????????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes, Ken is the RXW guy, this was purchased in his store in Japan back in '03...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The buckle doesn't look quite as big as yours, but it's massive none-the-less.....
eek.gif
solid steel and thick - nothing light about that watch....
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

orig.jpg

USG

d-_-b

May 15, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #1,992 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Isao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my other watches.

My everyday beater... A Seiko Chrono
DSC_5636c.jpg

snip

Isao, do you have any idea of the model of that Seiko. I'd like to try and find one like that.

cheers

May 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #1,993 of 14,275
Functional, simple, Eta 2804 movement-more accurate than the more popular Eta 2824 automatic movement and puts my Omega chronometer to shame to for accuracy- only as long as i remember to wind it daily though
wink.gif

h69319933_MED.jpg

May 15, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #1,994 of 14,275
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b.../DSC_5636c.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isao, do you have any idea of the model of that Seiko. I'd like to try and find one like that.

cheers

FORDGTLOVER...

I think they discontinued it a few years ago.... I used to see NOS at many places online... I just checked a few and Amazon is the place I currently see it listed.

My rubber version
Amazon.com: Seiko Men's Chronograph Watch #SND077: Seiko: Watches

Steel bracelet version
Amazon.com: Seiko Men's Alarm Chronograph watch #SND075: Watches

If you do buy one...make sure you are set on the rubber or bracelet version.... they are not compatible with each other( made that mistake... I tried putting on the steel bracelet on my rubber version... it does not fit .. one uses spring bars, other uses a straight pin.)

May 15, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #1,995 of 14,275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back