Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Oct 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #1,696 of 14,276
those Subs are awesome!

Oct 13, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #1,697 of 14,276
About the red hands watch, no, I don't know how to contact the maker. Even the guy I bought from doesn't... he picked them up in person at a show. Said the maker was old and might not be around long.

That sub is amazing. Two owners in one thread? And #500!

I am temped at moments to sell the Big Pilot's Watch, but I'd take a cleaning compared to my purchase price... and I wear it weekly, and will enjoy it to my old age... which isn't long from now!

I managed to NOT buy this Brietling Montbrillant Datora, Havana dial. Just need to save up for after my intended's divorce... she'll be broke!

breitling.datorah.avana.3226_1.JPG

Oct 13, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #1,698 of 14,276
Ride! I think I know you from Paneristi. If you are the same Ride, that is.

Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just stumbled on this thread...love it!

Big Panerai guy here...I am very active in the community and just love the brand. Here are a few pics of my babies...

My rare sub...only 500 of these produced.

Anchorstrap3.jpg

BombawithGSvintagebrown1.jpg

23230.jpg

And my latest...a reissue of a 1938 Panerai. This is a real classic.

23227.jpg

23224.jpg

And my Big Pilot that I regret selling...but will someday own again. This is a spectacular watch!

BP016.jpg

Fun thread!

RIDE

Oct 13, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #1,699 of 14,276
Quote:

My rare sub...only 500 of these produced.

Anchorstrap3.jpg

BombawithGSvintagebrown1.jpg

23230.jpg

A breathtaking Submersible you got there!
biggrin.gif

I want one...

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #1,700 of 14,276
Quote:

Thanks! It's a real beauty indeed. Oh and of the 500 produced....mine is #500! Pretty cool!

RIDE

Welcome here from another Paneristi (also member of TimeZone).

DSC_2397.jpg

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #1,702 of 14,276
Quote:

Right on!
smily_headphones1.gif
I recognize your handle Petyot!

RIDE

This is really a small world, I know that you have met Marc and Nad and I was with them less than two weeks ago at our last GTG in Montreal (Mike Margolis was in town and he shows us some Hublot watches)!

Maybe we will have a chance to meet at the 2008 F1 GTG!

BTW, for your next RIDE shot, you should include some headphones in the picture!
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #1,703 of 14,276
I just bought a limited edition Fredrique Constant watch from my girlfriend who works as a sales lady at a duty free jewelry store here in Cayman. It's similar to this one, only in stainless steel rather than rose gold, and with a medium brown aliigator skin band rather than black:

FC-915CDG4H9.jpg

http://www.frederique-constant.com/f...ub=40&offset=0

It's not a very good picture, which is really surprising for a company like this! If they can make such fine watches, you would think they could hire someone to take dacent pics of them. The blue hands (I'm told it's hard to pull them out of the fire just in time before they turn black) are a stunning contrast to the silver background and you could literally spend hours looking at the details from front and back with a jewelers eye piece. Even with my substantial discount, it cost more than a new pair of R10's. But I like it and that's what counts!

This pic gets a little closer to the 'look' but is an even worse pic!

http://www.frederique-constant.com/f...ub=40&offset=2

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #1,704 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a limited edition Fredrique Constant watch from my girlfriend who works as a sales lady at a duty free jewelry store here in Cayman. It's similar to this one, only in stainless steel rather than rose gold, and with a medium brown aliigator skin band rather than black:

http://www.frederique-constant.com/f...ub=40&offset=0

It's not a very good picture, which is really surprising for a company like this! If they can make such fine watches, you would think they could hire someone to take dacent pics of them. The blue hands (I'm told it's hard to pull them out of the fire just in time before they turn black) are a stunning contrast to the silver background and you could literally spend hours looking at the details from front and back with a jewelers eye piece. Even with my substantial discount, it cost more than a new pair of R10's. But I like it and that's what counts!

This pic gets a little closer to the 'look' but is an even worse pic!

http://www.frederique-constant.com/f...ub=40&offset=2

Very nice!

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #1,705 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the red hands watch, no, I don't know how to contact the maker. Even the guy I bought from doesn't... he picked them up in person at a show. Said the maker was old and might not be around long.

Ah, that's very unfortunate. Are there any identifying marks on engravings on the back of the case that might give a hint as to the maker's name or company? If you ever want to sell it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands foe you.

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #1,707 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by daba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My latest acquisition:

omega.jpg

45mm Planet Ocean.

Nice watch!

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #1,708 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice watch!

QFT!

in life the orange is so easy fitting to the eye, esp the Chrono version with the Orange color on the Sides of the start and stop buttons. this watch is amazingly versatile for such a color, you can do a rubber strap, orange leather strap, bracelet, black leather and to me the best color strap the black leather with dark orange piping. there is a nice review of this watch (maybe the 42mm version) against the Rolex sea dweller somewhere on the net. Omegas light up in a pretty and easy to read light blue tint instead of the common green seen on most watches. and don't get me started on the CO axial movement. even the chrono Version comes in at a fair price for a piece of this quality..well i really just like the watch to be honest.

i think the three mid priced diving watches i would do if i could would be the Rolex Sea dweller, Omega Planet ocean Chrono in orange, and the Breitling sea wolf in yellow.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #1,710 of 14,276
I love Omegas. And bhd812 is right with the colors -- Omega really got it right this time with the hues. I had originally thought of getting the black bezel but in person the orange is just stunning.

I'm thinking about picking up a 2254.50 soon:

DSC_0156_J.jpg

Image courtesy of John Wilson over at the watchuseek forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back