Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 19, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #976 of 14,285
dc1016a-sj-whm.jpg

Click here for Data

28c05m.jpg

Click here for data

mp6098-ss001-39e.jpg

Click for data

22105000.jpg

Click for data

These are all pictures from the web, as I have not taken the time to snap pics of mine. I bought them all at brick and mortar dealers locally to support local business and to get proper support in return.

Aug 19, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #977 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID
...would make me giddy.

Truly awesome works of art!

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #978 of 14,285
I'm fond of the Seiko's.
SNL001.jpg

I have another Seiko my dad gave me. That one there was a bar mitzvah gift I requested. I also have a Swiss Army, and I think my dad may let me borrow his Citizen.

My dad is crazy over watches. He has waaaaaay too many Breitlings.

Aug 19, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #979 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth
Wow! That's a total bummer! I had a similar experience with an Invicta automatic Diver's chronograph. It was a quartz automatic, similar in operation to the Seiko Kinetic and worked fine for about the first year. Then the "capacitor" would no longer seem to hold a charge. It was too much to fix, so now it sits and collects dust. That was about the last straw for me and non mechanical watches. (and Invicta too, for that matter.)

Since then I've purchased a number of watches and they've all be mechanical/automatics. I hope you find a good solution! So Invicta won't take a credit card for payment of return shipping?

The new baby lupah espadon's look pretty cool, so I have that, but I have a feeling that will be my first and last Invicta. I emailed them about credit card payment, I informed them of who I bought the watch from, as he's a sponsor of an Invicta forum and a certified dealer. No response.

The 8926 OTOH seems to be the real deal, so I just admire what my husband has on his wrist instead.

Aug 20, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #980 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
The new baby lupah espadon's look pretty cool, so I have that, but I have a feeling that will be my first and last Invicta. I emailed them about credit card payment, I informed them of who I bought the watch from, as he's a sponsor of an Invicta forum and a certified dealer. No response.

The 8926 OTOH seems to be the real deal, so I just admire what my husband has on his wrist instead.

I'm really sorry for your unfortunate experience. Invicta sort of leads the industry with value priced Swiss mov't. automatics.
I guess we are starting to see what they let go in order to meet those price points.
frown.gif

8229633.jpg

I bought a Grand Lupah about a year and a half ago, and so far it has been working just fine.

Aug 20, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #981 of 14,285
I tried to go with the affordable, fashionable (matter of preference) route, and picked this up for $62.

L10220532.jpg

It came in a pretty nice metal tin too... I was surprised. It came flat though (band not pre-curled), so I had to break it in. Always with the break-in isn't it?
tongue.gif

Oh, and it does seem to keep time very well. (which is a plus hahaha)

It was my 2nd more-than-$10 watch.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #982 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
I tried to go with the affordable, fashionable (matter of preference) route, and picked this up for $62.

L10220532.jpg

It came in a pretty nice metal tin too... I was surprised. It came flat though (band not pre-curled), so I had to break it in. Always with the break-in isn't it?
tongue.gif

Oh, and it does seem to keep time very well. (which is a plus hahaha)

It was my 2nd more-than-$10 watch.
wink.gif

A tachymeter on an $62 watch? Wow? I would had guessed that was $500+. Hahahaha. What size is the face though?

Aug 20, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #983 of 14,285
Wow, that's a nice watch for the price, or at least it looks like it is. Leather straps are a bit hit or miss for me though. Sometimes they make my hand and wrist break out in a horrible rash that can be really nasty. I mean antibiotics nasty.

No, it's not nickle, never had a problem with nickle. Swatch (only the leather, not the rubber straps, those are fine), Lorus, And Victorinox leather straps all do this to me. The Lorica Invicta strap so far has been alright though.

It makes my Nixon Isis or an Oakley with Ubonotanium (Bong will inform us if I spelled that right) look like no brainers.

Aug 20, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #984 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
A tachymeter on an $62 watch? Wow? I would had guessed that was $500+. Hahahaha. What size is the face though?

To be honest, I'm not sure what you are talking about
tongue.gif
.... 'tachymeter' = stopwatch?

Sorry to be ignorant.

I like the size... I'll take a 'real' pic in a bit.. on my arm.

Overstock was having a sale:
http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1893548

Aug 20, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #985 of 14,285
Crap... I was way off about the tachymeter... thanks wikipedia. Geez... that's embarassing...

But... Yeah... I didn't really understand that the numbers were for... I guess I do now. Thanks.

And I prefer leather to metal... just a taste thing. Not sure why I do. I especially like it when the stitch on the leather stands out a bit, like I have it... white on red; my last watch was white on black.

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

EDIT: Pics

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #986 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
Crap... I was way off about the tachymeter... thanks wikipedia. Geez... that's embarassing...

But... Yeah... I didn't really understand that the numbers were for... I guess I do now. Thanks.

And I prefer leather to metal... just a taste thing. Not sure why I do. I especially like it when the stitch on the leather stands out a bit, like I have it... white on red; my last watch was white on black.

EDIT: Pics

Good looking watch!

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #987 of 14,285
awesome find
biggrin.gif

this is what I'm wearing right now, My dive watch met in unfortunate demise recently when teh knob on the side loosened while I was in a river, the watch fillied with water
frown.gif
. this has been my replacement:

Off:
watchoff.jpg

and On (heh anyone know what time it is?)
watchon.jpg

Aug 20, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #989 of 14,285
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
My favourite!

The sides of the octogonal bezel thing look a little rounded, whereas I thought it was always cut sharp and straight. Sure that's not a replica?

EDIT: I guess they're all like that. Here's my favorite:
25969PT.00.1110PT.01.jpg

Royal Oak Tradition d'Excellence nº4
http://www.kronosclub.com/ROC/mainX.asp?mnuNum=25969

Users who are viewing this thread

Back