Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #12,617 of 14,276
The hard part for me would be that I would want something quite robust and able to do dual duty in both sports and more dressy occasions. It also would have to be able to tolerate water.

I think my current Omega Diver would be a great watch for that application.

20181009_084837[1].jpg

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #12,618 of 14,276
I'm currently at four watches. I wear my Longines usually, while my G-Shock is reserved for vacations and dirty work. Seiko Chrono is worn by my girlfriend ever since her watch died, and I recently bought the new Polar Vantage M for sports.
I'm planning to keep my collection at around four watches. I'll try to get Speedmaster next year, and then Nomos, Grand Seiko and S.U.F. at a later time.

Nov 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #12,620 of 14,276
My Seiko 5 automatic finally died after being used daily for around 8 years :disappointed_relieved: which I suppose is not to bad considering what I've put it through during this time whilst wearing it daily for work.

Going to start having a look for a replacement :grin:

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #12,622 of 14,276
Question I’m looking for a good watch to start off in the lux brand. Looking for a good Swiss made watch that is a chronograph. My budget is around 1,500 usd. I was thinking of something like Oris but maybe there is something with a better pedigree I can get that you guys know of. What do you guys think ? I will probably in the next few years I will step it up to the tudor black bay, omega, breguet or something like that.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #12,625 of 14,276
Question I’m looking for a good watch to start off in the lux brand. Looking for a good Swiss made watch that is a chronograph. My budget is around 1,500 usd. I was thinking of something like Oris but maybe there is something with a better pedigree I can get that you guys know of. What do you guys think ? I will probably in the next few years I will step it up to the tudor black bay, omega, breguet or something like that.

Oris has a strangle hold of that price segment. I think regardless of history you would have a hard time finding a swiss brand giving you better value at that price, even considering used watches.

But if the other brands you mentioned are what you really want then you are spending a lot of money on stepping stone. One that you will take a significant percentage loss on if your plan is to sell it when you upgrade.

A luxury item like an expensive watch is something that you buy based on emotion. My advice would be to wait and buy the piece you really desire, when you have the means.

Nov 19, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #12,626 of 14,276

You can also look at Longines. Check out their Heritage Collection. Another brand to look at is Hamilton. I have a couple of their automatics and they are well made for the money.

They have 2 nice looking chronographs for about 1,750 and $2,600 (if you can push your budget).

Longines Heritage Column Wheel Chrono Auto.jpg

Longines Heritage Diver Auto Chrono.jpg

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #12,627 of 14,276

Attachments

• 3PM Ding.jpg
    3PM Ding.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back