Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #10,501 of 14,276

Thanks!  Those are my overall favorite C/IEMs, the Legend Omega.  You need to make sure to burn them in, but once you do...pure euphoria!

I really like that yellow dial of yours, Podster!  And of course, the foreground and background picture is on point!  
beerchug.gif
 (lime sparkling water in my glass)

The MR-G in Vegas is currently $3,000.00 + tax (currently 8.1%) = $3,243.  If you ever want one, PM me for a little bit of help. 
regular_smile%20.gif

You know I will, might have to knock off a Wells-Fargo truck but hopefully it won't get that bad
eek.gif
(San Pellegrino Sparkling Grapefruit in my glass)
wink_face.gif
THX for the comps and have a great day
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #10,502 of 14,276

I know what you mean, just when I get my card balance under control they drop something my mind tells me I got to have
blink.gif
LOL Waiting on Martin's valve amp has got me on hold for right now thank God!

Gotta be some kind of twelve-step support group we can join. 
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #10,503 of 14,276

You know I will, might have to knock off a Wells-Fargo truck but hopefully it won't get that bad
eek.gif
(San Pellegrino Sparkling Grapefruit in my glass)
wink_face.gif
THX for the comps and have a great day
biggrin.gif

Hopefully it won't get to that point!  But at least I can help alleviate the price just a little. 
beerchug.gif
 (yum!  Try the pomegranate and blood orange San Pellegrino if you haven't!)

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #10,504 of 14,276

Gotta be some kind of twelve-step support group we can join. 
wink.gif

Oh yeah.......

At The Door:
Hi, welcome to MassDrop anonymous. Please come in and have a seat the meeting is about to start.

Podster:
Hi I'm Podster and I'm a shopaholic and sucker for a sweet deal!

MD Anonymous Presenter:
Welcome Podster, we are here to support you
blink.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #10,505 of 14,276

Oh yeah.......

At The Door:
Hi, welcome to MassDrop anonymous. Please come in and have a seat the meeting is about to start.

Podster:
Hi I'm Podster and I'm a shopaholic and sucker for a sweet deal!

MD Anonymous Presenter:
Welcome Podster, we are here to support you
blink.gif

I get a sick feeling this isn't going to turn out well.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #10,506 of 14,276
I saw this at a store that I don't normally see G-Shocks.  The price was right, so I was going to purchase it, but my fiancée wound up purchasing it for me saying it would be for my birthday (even though I wore it before).

The multi-angle tiger camouflage has more information here: http://www.gshock.com/happenings/news/G-SHOCK_Goes_Camo_in_a_Series_of_New_Spring_Introductions.

The GDX6900CM-8:

Illuminated

Out in the wild

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #10,507 of 14,276
  I saw this at a store that I don't normally see G-Shocks.  The price was right, so I was going to purchase it, but my fiancée wound up purchasing it for me saying it would be for my birthday (even though I wore it before).

The multi-angle tiger camouflage has more information here: http://www.gshock.com/happenings/news/G-SHOCK_Goes_Camo_in_a_Series_of_New_Spring_Introductions.

The GDX6900CM-8:

Illuminated

Out in the wild

Hey Moe, I believe my brother just bought this one for my nephew. He's serving in the middle east right now and he said when he got it it matched his fatigues perfectly but that he needed to make sure his alarm was disabled because one of their recon guys recently had his position given up due to an errant alarm going off. Luckily he was able to skirt harms way but how bad would that suck
blink.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #10,508 of 14,276
Finally... it's coming today on Kickstarter!!

http://wornandwound.com/2015/07/24/stuckx-the-bull-preview-review/

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #10,510 of 14,276
After some 15 years or something without a watch I got a moto 360. It´s sad but I have forgotten how to read an analogue clock? Not entirely of course but the brain really have to work how to put it together sometimes. Digital is so much easier :).

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #10,511 of 14,276
Hey Moe, I believe my brother just bought this one for my nephew. He's serving in the middle east right now and he said when he got it it matched his fatigues perfectly but that he needed to make sure his alarm was disabled because one of their recon guys recently had his position given up due to an errant alarm going off. Luckily he was able to skirt harms way but how bad would that suck:blink:

This first version of the camouflage watch would be the best for your nephew's line of work and the least conspicuous compared to the second version that has a positive dial compared to the first version's negative dial and a silver chrome G light button compared to the first version's matte black G light button.

First version - GDX6900CM-8 (more subtle)

Second version - GDX6900TC-8 (slightly more blingy)

As for the alarm inadvertently going off, you can let your nephew (or anyone else who is reading) that they have to make sure the "SNZ" (snooze), "ALM" (alarm) and "SIG" (hourly signal) notifications are not marked.

SNZ: sounds the alarm for 10 sec, then stops on its own. Emits the alarm again in 5 minutes. The only way to turn it completely off (rather than shutting the alarm off by pressing a button for the watch to go off again the next 5 minutes) is to go into ALM settings and deactivate the SNZ marking. You can also choose the month and day the SNZ alarm emits as well.

ALM: choose a time and it will go off daily. AL1 and AL2 are the two different alarm times you can set.

SIG: emits a beep at every hour.

For more information and full setting explanation (not the same model, but the way to perform settings are identical to the camouflage model), click here: http://casiowatchparts.com/how-to/adjust-alarm-on-g-shock-g-7900/.

ALM marking activated (make sure nothing is marked so beeps and alarms will not inadvertently emit on its own) - AL1

ALM deactivated (as shown by no marking) - AL1

ALM deactivated (as shown by no marking) - AL2

SNZ deactivated (you know by now)

SIG deactivated (ditto)

Once the SNZ is activated and until you turn it completely off via settings, the ALM stays solid and SNZ blinks.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #10,512 of 14,276
This first version of the camouflage watch would be the best for your nephew's line of work and the least conspicuous compared to the second version that has a positive dial compared to the first version's negative dial and a silver chrome G light button compared to the first version's matte black G light button.

First version - GDX6900CM-8 (more subtle)

Second version - GDX6900TC-8 (slightly more blingy)

As for the alarm inadvertently going off, you can let your nephew (or anyone else who is reading) that they have to make sure the "SNZ" (snooze), "ALM" (alarm) and "SIG" (hourly signal) notifications are not marked.

SNZ: sounds the alarm for 10 sec, then stops on its own. Emits the alarm again in 5 minutes. The only way to turn it completely off (rather than shutting the alarm off by pressing a button for the watch to go off again the next 5 minutes) is to go into ALM settings and deactivate the SNZ marking. You can also choose the month and day the SNZ alarm emits as well.

ALM: choose a time and it will go off daily. AL1 and AL2 are the two different alarm times you can set.

SIG: emits a beep at every hour.

For more information and full setting explanation (not the same model, but the way to perform settings are identical to the camouflage model), click here: http://casiowatchparts.com/how-to/adjust-alarm-on-g-shock-g-7900/.

ALM marking activated (make sure nothing is marked so beeps and alarms will not inadvertently emit on its own) - AL1

ALM deactivated (as shown by no marking) - AL1

ALM deactivated (as shown by no marking) - AL2

SNZ deactivated (you know by now)

SIG deactivated (ditto)

Once the SNZ is activated and until you turn it completely off via settings, the ALM stays solid and SNZ blinks.

THX Moe, I'm going to email him the link however I'm pretty sure he has been there, done that by now
wink_face.gif
I do like the subdued dial more and see where it is a better application in the field
rolleyes.gif

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #10,514 of 14,276
  Getting boring in here.

And where is your timepiece
rolleyes.gif
I fully expected to see at least an inexpensive Chopard with that statement
wink_face.gif
LOL

By the way I love the look of this one
biggrin.gif

Chronos-Art-Lodzka-Manufaktura--1024x768.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread