Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jul 23, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #10,471 of 14,276
Absolutely gorgeous watch, my friend - great way to kick off my birthday!
bigsmile_face.gif

Now I'm off to sleep...

Happy Belated Birthday Moe "G", hope you had a great one
biggrin.gif
Guess you restrained on the rare blue Riseman?

Sweet open heart Seiko Jazzi
wink_face.gif
MassDrop is running this nice Defender right now
rolleyes.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/orient-defender-watch?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-22&mode=guest_open&referer=PR3LLV

Jul 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #10,473 of 14,276
Happy Belated Birthday Moe "G", hope you had a great one:D Guess you restrained on the rare blue Riseman?

Sweet open heart Seiko Jazzi:wink_face: MassDrop is running this nice Defender right now:rolleyes:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/orient-defender-watch?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20A%20Product%20Announcement%202015-07-22&mode=guest_open&referer=PR3LLV

Thanks Podster! I so far restrained myself from purchasing the Blue Riseman, but I did send the link of it and a couple of other G-Shocks to my family. If they say they will get one for me, I'll get it! Last year my mother got me a red, white and blue G-Shock (the one I posted on the 4th of July).

Jul 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #10,474 of 14,276
Jul 23, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #10,475 of 14,276
Jul 23, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #10,476 of 14,276
Jul 23, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #10,477 of 14,276
Wore these while I was at the SF meet last week:

Nice choices Moe, sorry the Lab did not work out. Wokei invited me in there and they have been pretty civil but have noticed creds are higher if you are a reviewer
blink.gif
Guess I have not offended anyone there yet but have been ignored a few times
frown.gif
What did Rodney say, "Can't we all just get along"
deadhorse.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #10,478 of 14,276

Nice choices Moe, sorry the Lab did not work out. Wokei invited me in there and they have been pretty civil but have noticed creds are higher if you are a reviewer:blink: Guess I have not offended anyone there yet but have been ignored a few times:frowning2: What did Rodney say, "Can't we all just get along":deadhorse:

Thanks!  I had Suzette pick 4 out of 8 I chose for the trip.  

Yeah, Wokei invited me there too, and civility wasn't really an issue.  I've been ignored a lot on the thread (I'm used to it though, no worries), and saw envious/covetous-type posts, which I didn't appreciate.  Again, no worries! 
normal_smile%20.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #10,479 of 14,276
Jul 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #10,480 of 14,276
BTW, it's definitely too late this year for San Francisco, but watchbuys.com does a yearly show in various cities and they have yet to open registration for the rest of the tour. The SF one is this weekend and I'll be there at the Saturday 1300 slot. They have information about their shows here: http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/WatchBuys-Road-Shows-d35.htm . It's totally free and you get to hang out with some watch guys and check out a very nice collection of watches. They pretty much bring every single Nomos and Sinn in addition to lots of other watch brands. If any of you guys are in the upcoming cities I highly recommend getting in if you have time.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #10,481 of 14,276
  BTW, it's definitely too late this year for San Francisco, but watchbuys.com does a yearly show in various cities and they have yet to open registration for the rest of the tour. The SF one is this weekend and I'll be there at the Saturday 1300 slot. They have information about their shows here: http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/WatchBuys-Road-Shows-d35.htm . It's totally free and you get to hang out with some watch guys and check out a very nice collection of watches. They pretty much bring every single Nomos and Sinn in addition to lots of other watch brands. If any of you guys are in the upcoming cities I highly recommend getting in if you have time.

Just checked out the site.  Whew, if you want to buy one of those watches, you got to come correct (meaning you need to have some to a lot of money to spend)!  Once I saw "Below $1,500" to the left as the least expensive selection, I knew this is one very very snazzy show site/sub site/etc.  I would have to purchase a Costco watch that costs a lot of money so I can go to the show and then return it for a full refund.  
tongue_smile.gif
  Just kidding...kinda.

Thanks for posting the link and invitation for whoever reads it - if I lived closer (I live in So Cal), I would have probably come to hang out (especially if the show had horderves). 
popcorn.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #10,482 of 14,276

Just checked out the site.  Whew, if you want to buy one of those watches, you got to come correct (meaning you need to have some to a lot of money to spend)!  Once I saw "Below $1,500" to the left as the least expensive selection, I knew this is one very very snazzy show site/sub site/etc.  I would have to purchase a Costco watch that costs a lot of money so I can go to the show and then return it for a full refund.  
tongue_smile.gif
  Just kidding...kinda.

Thanks for posting the link and invitation for whoever reads it - if I lived closer (I live in So Cal), I would have probably come to hang out (especially if the show had horderves). 
popcorn.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

Yeah, if you think audio stuff gets to crazy prices (and crazy impracticality), you should take a peek at some watches. Still its fun to take a look at some nice engineering. And I don't think anybody would diss you for wearing a non-expensive watch. For not wearing a watch, maybe 
tongue_smile.gif

No food (if I recall) but a nice setting and good conversation. There's one in LA coming up :).

BTW, want to thank you for the great experience I had at the SF meet up. I was one of the earlier guys to show up.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #10,483 of 14,276

Yeah, if you think audio stuff gets to crazy prices (and crazy impracticality), you should take a peek at some watches.

For instance, the vomit-inducing price and appearance of this 201-carat Chopard. $25 million (yes, you read that correctly) for something that looks like cheap costume jewellery for an aesthetically-dumb five-year-old.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #10,485 of 14,276
  For instance, the vomit-inducing price and appearance of this 201-carat Chopard. $25 million (yes, you read that correctly) for something that looks like cheap costume jewellery for an aesthetically-dumb five-year-old.

It honestly took me a solid minute of staring to find the freakin' faceplate. This is the epitome of more money than sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back