Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Apr 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #9,496 of 14,276
  I saw on eBay that Jomashop was having a sale of Brooklyn Watches errmm... watches... :wink:
Haven't read/heard much about them but for 100 bucks they have sapphire crystal, "swiss quartz" movements and the cases finishes don't look bad at all. They might be a tad big but not overly so I think.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Since you have brought Jomashop up I have been wanting to get this threads take on this company and others and if they are selling authentic product? Where might they be getting these authentic items as well. Curiosity got to me here sometime back when I bought my Tissot Le Locle, called the Tissot USA online distributor and the gentleman I talked to said the only authorized online sellers of Tissot in America was them and Macy's Dept. store online. He also said he could not verify what Jomashop sold was authentic but did say if you buy from anyone other than the two I mentioned that you voided Tissot manufacturer 2yr limited warranty. 

My take is when you pay this much for a watch it should sure make it well past a 2yr limited warranty period? He then politely ask me if I thought disregarding the factory warranty to save a little money up front was worth it, my thoughts are if these are not replica watches then yes the savings is worth it since they should easily make it past that warranty period. What are others thoughts on this? 

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #9,497 of 14,276
Like most "grey market" storefronts, Jomashop offers the SAME watches (i.e. authentic, NO Fakes nor Replicas) just at a discounted price because precisely, they are NOT authorized dealers. There's quite a big thread over at watchuseek talking about them. So authentic watches from an un-authorized dealer at way "better" prices. Do note that as far as I know, they offer warranties from 1 to 5 years with a few exceptions. Have never dealt with them but I don't think you'll have a problem if you work with them.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #9,498 of 14,276
FYI......... Gerlach has just introduced a new quartz chrono line called the Enigma.

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #9,500 of 14,276

Great find. I was not looking for a new watch, but since it is a Polish company, I might pre-order it.

I'm Polish and own two Gerlach's. They are excellent value for money and being a Polish company is only gravy. LOL

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #9,502 of 14,276

Polska piękny kraj :), Witam krajana.

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] Tak , mam nadzieję, że kiedyś odwiedzić .[/color]

Apr 13, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #9,503 of 14,276
Apr 13, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #9,505 of 14,276
  FYI......... Gerlach has just introduced a new quartz chrono line called the Enigma.

Saw that one but I'm partial to the looks of the upcoming Helgray Silverstone:

http://www.helgray.com/collections/watches

Of course, I really really would love an Autodromo Prototipo since I think the case is the best looking out there (and similar to some Heuer's, etc.) but $600+ for a mech-quartz that's being offered for cheap by other makers?!? Hmmm no!  --> http://wornandwound.com/2014/01/08/autodromo-prototipo-review/

Cheapest option --> http://vratislavia-watches.com/en/?page_id=7 Heritage Chrono

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #9,506 of 14,276

Thanks!  They don't sell that color or most of those models in the U.S.

I'm a little apprehensive posting the new watch that I got... haha...

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #9,507 of 14,276
Thanks!  They don't sell that color or most of those models in the U.S.

I'm a little apprehensive posting the new watch that I got... haha...

Why ? Yellow is nice....here in our parts of wood..though not popular but easily available and sometimes you can get them at cheaper price than conventional colour..cheers

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #9,508 of 14,276
Why ? Yellow is nice....here in our parts of wood..though not popular but easily available and sometimes you can get them at cheaper price than conventional colour..cheers

This is not the new watch that I purchased - I haven't posted it yet.  Sorry for the confusion!  
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #9,510 of 14,276

This is not the new watch that I purchased - I haven't posted it yet.  Sorry for the confusion!  
redface.gif

Hey Moe, no Stooges pun intended! I've never really been a fan of the "G"'s but I absolutely love this baby
wink_face.gif

I think Mr. "G" is also an excellent name
bigsmile_face.gif
 IMHO it's worthy of it's $2800 asking price, because it is the TOTL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFAlHT_V4l4 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back