Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #8,731 of 14,276
I don't own a Tag. All my vintage Heues are pre-Tag.

I started the watch hobby collecting vintage, pre-TAG Heuers. Then I bought a few other vintage watches like my Omega's. Then I found Christopher Ward and a few others.

It's not a big thing, but collectors of vintage Heuers like to differentiate between TAG Heuer and pre-TAG Heuers.:wink_face:  

It's like owing a Jaguar and a pre-Ford Jaguar. 

Mr Rick is quite right.....there is a big difference between owning an original Heuer and a Tag......personally I love the vintage Heuer's and would love to add a couple of them to my collection. The closest I got was a re-issue Heuer which to all intents and purposes is really still a Tag.

I must admit I am quite excited at my Carrera Automatic arrriving on Monday.....it will probably become my everyday watch for the office :) and I'll throw some photos up when I have managed to take some

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #8,732 of 14,276
Mr Rick is quite right.....there is a big difference between owning an original Heuer and a Tag......personally I love the vintage Heuer's and would love to add a couple of them to my collection. The closest I got was a re-issue Heuer which to all intents and purposes is really still a Tag.

I must admit I am quite excited at my Carrera Automatic arrriving on Monday.....it will probably become my everyday watch for the office :) and I'll throw some photos up when I have managed to take some

Ooh, you mean like this?
$_57.JPG

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #8,733 of 14,276
Or my favorite C5 (Outside the Lockheed Super Galaxy)
blink.gif

$_57.JPG

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #8,734 of 14,276
Ooh, you mean like this?
%24_57.JPG

Similar mate.....mines got the white face....also mines an older version and doesn't have the silver round the date window and it doesn't say calibre 5 on the face. Mine is also fitted with a black leather strap :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #8,736 of 14,276
-Yeah, rub it in... (At 6'9", the E-type is just one of those cars I simply do not fit in, much to my despair...)

Good lord, 6'9"! A true Norseman
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #8,737 of 14,276
Similar mate.....mines got the white face....also mines an older version and doesn't have the silver round the date window and it doesn't say calibre 5 on the face. Mine is also fitted with a black leather strap :)

Sweet J36, can't wait to see your new baby
cool.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #8,738 of 14,276
OMG! Look what just got dropped of here at the office, was not expecting this baby until next Thursday. Seller must have appreciated that quick payment
wink_face.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #8,739 of 14,276
Sorry for the cr^ppy iPhone photo but it feels so good on
bigsmile_face.gif
 My 1st Tissot, 1st Auto and seems to be a quality piece with good heft
cool.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #8,741 of 14,276
THX BiggieP, it's almost too nice to wear
eek.gif
 The darn packaging is almost as nice as any watch I already own
redface.gif
 LOL

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #8,742 of 14,276

Times were different in the 70's and 80's in the watch world.  With quartz watches being released mechanical watch sales were on the sharp decline and most Swiss brands would not include quartz in their lines "for tradition's sake".  For better or worse, that move almost or did bankrupt many companies.  Some were on the brink of going under and were an attractive buy for holding companies (like Heuer).  Had TAG not purchased them, they likely would have folded and not exist at all.  With the bad, comes the good.  It's all just history now :)

...and TAG also kept Audiolab going, allowing them to reboot with new technology when TAG/McLaren decided to pull out of hi-fi.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #8,744 of 14,276
  This is one watch i love the look of and will be my daily from now,

Lovely. It's keeper, and so is your wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back