Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 10, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #8,686 of 14,269
Seiko astron maybe, big watch with GPS technology or seiko ananta springdrive just don't know if you can find them for under 2000 euro.:confused_face:

I love the idea behind Astron, but I forgot to mention that I have a small wrist and it would look ridiculously h8ge on it :).

I will have a look at Ananta, thanks. Seiko is definitely on the list of makes I to have.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #8,687 of 14,269
usually seiko wears a lot smaller than they appear, I never thought I could wear anything bigger than 42mm, but as you can see this 48mm diver fit just right because the case curve around my wrist, so if you have the chance just try to see if it fit.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #8,688 of 14,269
  usually seiko wears a lot smaller than they appear, I never thought I could wear anything bigger than 42mm, but as you can see this 48mm diver fit just right because the case curve around my wrist, so if you have the chance just try to see if it fit.

I will do that at the local AD and see, but I had a 44mm Citizen and it did not look great.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #8,689 of 14,269
From a small company in Poland. A G. Gerlach ORP Sokol N97.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #8,690 of 14,269
  From a small company in Poland. A G. Gerlach ORP Sokol N97.

And looks to be fit for a Polish Prince
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #8,691 of 14,269
I did some digging in my photo bag and did against all odds find my old timed release; if I can only find a couple of batteries, I'll find a suitable exposure and do a time lapse of the PO overnight.

...and here goes; please bear with my limited LR skills (This is my first foray into the web module, ever!) - while I managed to make a short video clip of the series, I failed miserably at adding an individual comment to each frame - however, the watch hands should tell the story - I took one photo every fifteen minutes after having charged the lume using a LED torch for thirty seconds or so.

I was slightly off on the exposure - I forgot to take into account that while my eyes adjust to the darkness, the camera doesn't; when I dropped in on my small experiment at six this morning, I could still make out the time displayed in the dark - however, the photos taken after four AM-ish were too dark to be of much use.

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #8,692 of 14,269
Feb 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #8,693 of 14,269
Yeah, the hard part about doing what you did is that our eyes are much more light sensitive than camera lenses could ever be. I do however see that it seems to work well enough for seeing the time at night, and to be frank, I don't want it to blind me at night. I also take your word for it, if you saw them at 6 am, then it's good enough for me :)

Thanks a whole lot, my friend. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #8,694 of 14,269
Absolutely amazing, @OddE! I'm sure everyone will be very appreciative of your post!

Yeah, the hard part about doing what you did is that our eyes are much more light sensitive than camera lenses could ever be. I do however see that it seems to work well enough for seeing the time at night, and to be frank, I don't want it to blind me at night. I also take your word for it, if you saw them at 6 am, then it's good enough for me :)

Thanks a whole lot, my friend. 

-Just a pleasure; matter of fact, it was fun giving it a go, and I am already considering a couple of steps I may take to make the video quality better - giving me a free opportunity to pick up some new Lightroom skills. :) Thank you for the kind words, both of you!

Agreed - the lume shouldn't blind you - once you've adjusted to the dark, only the faintest trace of a glow will be ample to tell the time, and in my experience C3 is great here. I do have a couple of watches using other luminova compounds, and in particular C1 (white) looks great in daylight but fades to nothing in no time at all.

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #8,695 of 14,269
I'm just about to add another watch to my small collection and struggling to decide on what to go for... I already have a Pulsar Kinetic and Seiko superior dive watch and looking for something to complement these. My current choices are:

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic (black or white face) with a leather strap

Oris Aquis dive watch with green Bezel

Steinhart - probably a Ocean Vintage Millitary or the Aviation Automatic

Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 with red bezel or the C11 MSL Vintage edition

Too many watches and not enough funds lol. What do you guys think?

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #8,697 of 14,269
Today, something lovingly nick-named the "TV Screen".

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #8,698 of 14,269
I'm just about to add another watch to my small collection and struggling to decide on what to go for... I already have a Pulsar Kinetic and Seiko superior dive watch and looking for something to complement these. My current choices are:

Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic (black or white face) with a leather strap

Oris Aquis dive watch with green Bezel

Steinhart - probably a Ocean Vintage Millitary or the Aviation Automatic

Christopher Ward C60 Trident 300 with red bezel or the C11 MSL Vintage edition

Too many watches and not enough funds lol. What do you guys think?

I'm a Christopher Ward fanboy so you can guess my choice. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #8,699 of 14,269
I'll bet gelocks votes Steinhart #1, just a guess though
wink_face.gif

I'm kinda with Wokie on the TAG, see where MrRick is coming from to
bigsmile_face.gif

Your still in the Christmas mood with Red & Green bezel's denoted
blink.gif

I myself would like to give Oris a try, not in my collection yet however I just picked this baby up

I'll post some pics when it gets here next week
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #8,700 of 14,269

-Just a pleasure; matter of fact, it was fun giving it a go, and I am already considering a couple of steps I may take to make the video quality better - giving me a free opportunity to pick up some new Lightroom skills. :) Thank you for the kind words, both of you!

Agreed - the lume shouldn't blind you - once you've adjusted to the dark, only the faintest trace of a glow will be ample to tell the time, and in my experience C3 is great here. I do have a couple of watches using other luminova compounds, and in particular C1 (white) looks great in daylight but fades to nothing in no time at all.

It was great. Thanks.

I think I'm falling in love with the Steinhart Ocean Black DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back