Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 8, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #8,656 of 14,225
  Today I'm wearing this big lump.

@Mr Rick......hate you
rolleyes.gif
....but loves your collection of watches ....by far this is my fav of all your watches ....cheers

I love love loooove Steinhart!!
Did you guys get to see their latest limited edition watch? It just has something that pulls me in!!

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ST-10,921.html

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #8,657 of 14,225

Did you guys get to see their latest limited edition watch? It just has something that pulls me in!!

They have some really lovely designs. I only wish they could come down a bit in size. My tastes have changed and all their stuff is just too large now.

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #8,658 of 14,225
Wearing one of my Limited Edition CWs today.

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #8,659 of 14,225

What are the 3 bars on the face for?

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #8,660 of 14,225
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #8,661 of 14,225
They form the number "10"

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #8,662 of 14,225
It's soon time to order a new watch. I don't know if I want a nice diver, or a nice classy beater. My favorite among all my watches is the Wenger Sea Force, I love it, but it also means I already have a diver.

Suggestions? Budget: I'm not rich by any means, but maybe tops $4-500? Somewhere there... I suppose. Cheaper is also just fine, and perhaps a little more expensive could work, if I really, truly, deeply fall in love with it. But 4-500 is a good starting point.

If I look at divers, I look at Seiko Black Monsters. But they're almost a little too "in your face" for this time.

If not a diver, it's more free, just no distracting crap on the watch face.. Numbering is fine, it has to have good luminant capabilities in the dark because I wake up often at night and glance at my watch. But little more (date is fine, just no chronographs or distracting text/logos). Water resistance is a must; if it's a metal bracelet I will shower and bath with it. Automatic or quartz is of no importance to me.

Best of both worlds maybe? A classy looking, low toned, diver that could be mistaken for a dress watch perhaps?

Oh, it needs to be somewhat rugged though, and able to handle my clumsiness.

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #8,663 of 14,225
  It's soon time to order a new watch. I don't know if I want a nice diver, or a nice classy beater. My favorite among all my watches is the Wenger Sea Force, I love it, but it also means I already have a diver.

Suggestions? Budget: I'm not rich by any means, but maybe tops $4-500? Somewhere there... I suppose. Cheaper is also just fine, and perhaps a little more expensive could work, if I really, truly, deeply fall in love with it. But 4-500 is a good starting point.

-What about Steinhart's Submariner knockoffs? Excellent quality for the price (Which is somewhere around €350-400), definitely in the classy diver camp, can take a bit of banging about. Perhaps the dial is a little bit cluttered (It is a knockoff to the extent that they had to put oodles of text where Rolex puts their 'Superlative Chronometer' etc. prose) - but a nice watch nonetheless.

Movement is an ETA2824 automatic, IIRC.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #8,664 of 14,225
  -What about Steinhart's Submariner knockoffs? Excellent quality for the price (Which is somewhere around €350-400), definitely in the classy diver camp, can take a bit of banging about. Perhaps the dial is a little bit cluttered (It is a knockoff to the extent that they had to put oodles of text where Rolex puts their 'Superlative Chronometer' etc. prose) - but a nice watch nonetheless.

Movement is an ETA2824 automatic, IIRC.

I really dig the OCEAN BLACK DLC. Thanks

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #8,665 of 14,225
I really dig the OCEAN BLACK DLC. Thanks

-A good thing gets better by being shared. :)

Considering an Ocean One Green myself - I really, really like the Kermit Submariner, but not to the extent that I'd be willing to pay the current going rate for the real deal.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #8,666 of 14,225
I just picked this up: the Seiko SARX015. It's a JDM model, part of the Presage line, and uses the 6R15 hacking movement. For <$500, it's not a bad deal. The finishing is good, and the design takes after its pricier Grand Seiko brethren, along with an homage of cues from the Aqua Terra Submariner line from Omega, such as the teak dial.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #8,667 of 14,225
This is a Timefactors, Smiths Radio Room PRS-28

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #8,668 of 14,225

-A good thing gets better by being shared. :)

Considering an Ocean One Green myself - I really, really like the Kermit Submariner, but not to the extent that I'd be willing to pay the current going rate for the real deal.

They are beautiful.

I do however wonder how good their lume is. Superluminova C3 doesn't tell me a lot, but it might tell watch enthusiasts more?

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #8,669 of 14,225
@Mr Rick......hate you
rolleyes.gif
....but loves your collection of watches ....by far this is my fav of all your watches ....cheers

I concur with Wokie Mr. Rick! OK, maybe don't hate you all that much
rolleyes.gif
 That case on that baby is like Fort Knox and the offset crown looks sweet
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back