Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #8,671 of 14,284

Me fav Citizen Ecozilla

I was inspired by you on this one, found it for $199
bigsmile_face.gif
 THX Buddy
rolleyes.gif
 (Tax return, what tax return)
blink.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #8,672 of 14,284
They are beautiful.

I do however wonder how good their lume is. Superluminova C3 doesn't tell me a lot, but it might tell watch enthusiasts more?

-C3 is as bright as it gets - unless you start adding tritium to the mix.

A lot depends on how generously it has been applied, though - but if you want decent brightness, C3 is a very good starting point.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #8,673 of 14,284
I was inspired by you on this one, found it for $199:bigsmile_face:  THX Buddy:rolleyes:  (Tax return, what tax return):blink:

That is a good price ....congrats ....me love them so much ...have two of them ....titanium and the stainless steel version ....they are huge ....built like a tank

Too much ...dont care :rolleyes:

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #8,674 of 14,284
-C3 is as bright as it gets - unless you start adding tritium to the mix.

A lot depends on how generously it has been applied, though - but if you want decent brightness, C3 is a very good starting point.

Okay, how long does it hold the lume on a "standard" charge? I mean, if I shine on it for a minute or so before going to bed, and wake up in the middle of the night, is it possible to see the time? I can have some problems with that on my Wenger, but it's also probably not C3.

C3 sounds so enthusiast grade. "Ey yo, I got some C3 and some Tritium on mine, do you got some supercharged pre-heated FX 54 on yours?"

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #8,675 of 14,284

Okay, how long does it hold the lume on a "standard" charge? I mean, if I shine on it for a minute or so before going to bed, and wake up in the middle of the night, is it possible to see the time? I can have some problems with that on my Wenger, but it's also probably not C3.

C3 sounds so enthusiast grade. "Ey yo, I got some C3 and some Tritium on mine, do you got some supercharged pre-heated FX 54 on yours?"

If you never want to worry about lume again check out Ball watches.

http://www.ballwatch.com/global/en/technology/night-reading-evolution---51.html

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #8,676 of 14,284

-Agreed on the enthusiast grade remark - gave me a good chuckle, as it is spot on. :)

I find that my Planet Ocean (which, I believe, use C3, though Omega probably calls it something veee-eery proprietary) is easily readable throughout the night.

It doesn't exhibit that nuclear meltdown-like glow you tend to see in lume shots for the entire night - it fades significantly in only a couple of minutes after being charged - but it retains that lower intensity for hours and hours on end.

I have other watches which use lesser* grades of Luminova, and they fade to a significantly weaker level than the Planet Ocean, though they, too retain the charge for hours and hours.

Again, though - the overall brightness depends a lot on how much they applied in the first place. I have no experience with Steinhart yet, but I would expect them to be decent enough not to skimp on the lume - whether you spend €0.01 or €0.03 on lume shouldn't make that much of a difference on the retail price of a €400 watch...

*) 'Lesser' as in 'emits less light'.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #8,678 of 14,284
So after some searching I decided to et a Column Wheel Chrono Longines L2.743.4.76.6 as the next addition to my collection.

My criteria:
Light face colour
Straight hands
Chrono
Rather sporty, than formal

More than just an ETA movement, something special, so to say.

I currently have a Laurice Lacroix Pontong Date (formal occasions), Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (any occasion), Tissot PRS (cheap work watch), Tissot T-Touch Expert.

Do you guys I could have chosen something better to compliment my other watches? I also try not to buy more than 1 watch from a single manufacturer. Price range was up to 2000 Euro.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #8,679 of 14,284

You got me interested, until I started seeing the price point for them... Way out of my budget.

Here is another brand renowned for their lume.

http://www.lum-tec.com/

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #8,680 of 14,284
I did some digging in my photo bag and did against all odds find my old timed release; if I can only find a couple of batteries, I'll find a suitable exposure and do a time lapse of the PO overnight.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #8,681 of 14,284
  Here is another brand renowned for their lume.

http://www.lum-tec.com/

Thanks, I'll check them out right away.
I did some digging in my photo bag and did against all odds find my old timed release; if I can only find a couple of batteries, I'll find a suitable exposure and do a time lapse of the PO overnight.

Wow, I am flattered and happy about the amount you would go through for a fellow watch enthusiast!

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #8,682 of 14,284
  So after some searching I decided to et a Column Wheel Chrono Longines L2.743.4.76.6 as the next addition to my collection.

My criteria:
Light face colour
Straight hands
Chrono
Rather sporty, than formal

More than just an ETA movement, something special, so to say.

I currently have a Laurice Lacroix Pontong Date (formal occasions), Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (any occasion), Tissot PRS (cheap work watch), Tissot T-Touch Expert.

Do you guys I could have chosen something better to compliment my other watches? I also try not to buy more than 1 watch from a single manufacturer. Price range was up to 2000 Euro.

I think you either mean Maurice Lacroix Pontos or you are looking at a fake. 
As for suggestions, I don't see a diver, so how about a seiko marine master, omega seamaster, rolex submariner, deep blue or something fun like a g-shock. MTG.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #8,683 of 14,284
I think you either mean Maurice Lacroix Pontos or you are looking at a fake. 
As for suggestions, I don't see a diver, so how about a seiko marine master, omega seamaster, rolex submariner, deep blue or something fun like a g-shock. MTG.

Of course I meant Pontos :)

Some time ago I decided to not follow the trend and buy diver watches to wear them at the office, so that is out of the question. Omega and Rolex are out as I have an Omega, I will never buy a Rolex for someone to look at it and think it is a fake.

I had and MTG some time ago and got rid of it, I have a ProTrek for occasions when I need something cheap I will not be afraid to destroy and a T-Touch for all other feature-watch needs.

A Seiko EPD and Hamilton Digital Automatic crossed my mind, but I want super easy access to chrono functions.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #8,684 of 14,284

Here is an interesting read on the Lume vs tritium tubes. 

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/tritium-tubes-tgls-vs-conventional-lume-ultimate-test-535726.html

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #8,685 of 14,284
Of course I meant Pontos
smily_headphones1.gif

Some time ago I decided to not follow the trend and buy diver watches to wear them at the office, so that is out of the question. Omega and Rolex are out as I have an Omega, I will never buy a Rolex for someone to look at it and think it is a fake.

I had and MTG some time ago and got rid of it, I have a ProTrek for occasions when I need something cheap I will not be afraid to destroy and a T-Touch for all other feature-watch needs.

A Seiko EPD and Hamilton Digital Automatic crossed my mind, but I want super easy access to chrono functions.

Seiko astron maybe, big watch with GPS technology or seiko ananta springdrive just don't know if you can find them for under 2000 euro.
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back