Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Nov 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #8,266 of 14,276
And now you have simply reduced my vocabulary to a single word
blink.gif
 WOW! 

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #8,267 of 14,276
  Why on earth would you let that leave your collection? There is no better dress watch then a Patrimony IMO.

-I (almost!) agree - there are a few others which can give it a run for its money, though I don't think any of that select group can be said to be 'better' than any of the others. :)

Say, the PP Calatrava 5196 or the Zenith Ultra Thin springs to mind; as do the A. Lange Saxonia - though on the latter, beautiful as it is, I don't think the lugs integrate too well with the case.

Also, just about any pre-seventies gold Omega Constellation would do nicely, at a price point comfortably below the stratosphere.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #8,269 of 14,276

Classy!  Is that the Chrysler 200 or 300?  (Sorry, I like cars and saw the Chrysler logo on the steering wheel).

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #8,271 of 14,276

300.. Thank you..

Nice domestic (for the U.S.) car!  I especially like the rim color as well.   A little hard to tell by the picture, but it looks like gunmetal.  It looks like you keep it in tip-top shape, as I do mine.  I added some goodies to mine that I can't live without. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #8,272 of 14,276
Speaking of car clocks...
Loved my Black Metallic 300 beyond words. But when Lincoln finalized the Town Car, Executive Car Services in the NYC Tri-State area decided to use black 300's for their cabs.
I was horrified!!!

Then, one morning in March, I woke up, and my 300 morphed into this beauty! I am so delighted in this car. I am now dreaming of the 2015 Hellcat!

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #8,273 of 14,276
  Speaking of car clocks...
Loved my Black Metallic 300 beyond words. But when Lincoln finalized the Town Car, Executive Car Services in the NYC Tri-State area decided to use black 300's for their cabs.
I was horrified!!!

Then, one morning in March, I woke up, and my 300 morphed into this beauty! I am so delighted in this car. I am now dreaming of the 2015 Hellcat!

Regarding Executive Car Services, in So. Cal., they will literally "TCP" any car it seems nowadays.  First it was the town cars, then stretch versions of the 300s.  Now I have seen a Tesla (that would be pretty snazzy), Toyota Camry and Prius!  Oh my! haha...

My brother has the Charger in black (2014).  Looks just like yours.  He tried to 'upgrade' his dash screen, but he told me the forums were littered with horror stories when people tried to 'upgrade' them.

I have posted reviews of How-Tos and such regarding my car, which you can find (same username) on the Nicoclub/Infiniti forum.

On topic though: the most expensive watch in the world was sold for 20.6m Swiss francs (£13.4m, $24 million USD).  Here's the link to the video of the "Patek Philippe Supercomplication"  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30015601.  Very snazzy watch, but it's crazy I would more than likely get more oohs and aahs from people over one of my G-Shock's or a nice fancy watch especially if they didn't know how much the Supercomplication watch was 'worth'!

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #8,274 of 14,276
Bought this as it caught my eye. I know it's a fashion brand but I really love they way it looks and it goes nice with a suit. I have been using my Planet Ocean but have put a few scratches on the bracelet recently :mad: this only cost me £200 so I'm not going to get bent out of shape if I ding it....

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #8,275 of 14,276
Bought this as it caught my eye. I know it's a fashion brand but I really love they way it looks and it goes nice with a suit. I have been using my Planet Ocean but have put a few scratches on the bracelet recently
mad.gif
this only cost me £200 so I'm not going to get bent out of shape if I ding it....

From a distance Boss looks nice, but the face looks a bit off to me upon closer inspection. Can't say about this one from the pictures, just the ones I tried on in stores.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #8,276 of 14,276
From a distance Boss looks nice, but the face looks a bit off to me upon closer inspection. Can't say about this one from the pictures, just the ones I tried on in stores.

Not sure what you mean by off but mine is absolutely perfect and looks way more expensive than it actually is. I didn't have a day/date dress watch so thought it would be rude not to add it to my collection. I added the deployment clasp...

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #8,277 of 14,276
Not sure what you mean by off but mine is absolutely perfect and looks way more expensive than it actually is. I didn't have a day/date dress watch so thought it would be rude not to add it to my collection. I added the deployment clasp...

I think it looks great (dial and all)!

Wear it in the best of health.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #8,278 of 14,276
I had a square faced Calvin Klein back in the 90's which was beautiful for what it was worth. Dropped on the gym shower tile and cried me a river.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #8,280 of 14,276
More info on the Philippe Patek:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/business/24-million-gold-watch-sothebys-record-patek-philippe/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back