Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #7,816 of 14,275
G-Shock watches definitely have their appeal.
I find most of them too colorful and/or too "busy" but I like them. I have a couple, a normal black GW6900-1 which it's solar powered and multi-band as well (even though it doesn't work where I live :p) and a GW3000B-1ACR which I "made" to look like their GA-1000-4ACR by buying an orange strap. :)

I quite like both but will probably not buy more of them... at least not now! :)

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #7,817 of 14,275
Yeah it definitely took me a lot of time to learn about G-Shocks and make the best decisions I could about each watch I bought.  I started off slow, only having about 3 or 4 watches for a while.  Then I read up about them more, and mostly got them every couple of months to celebrate milestones or events in my life.  There was one month though, where they released like 4 that I really liked, so I bought all of them.  As for money, collectively they are worth about the price of a used car, but prices for each watch are cut if I bought some online or if I received a couple as gifts, so I didn't feel the hit as bad as I'd say my Infiniti.

There's gonna be a new Bluetooth version G-Mix series watch coming out soon as well.  It has additional smartphone features compared to my Electric Blue Bluetooth G-Shock.  I'll probably be getting it for its deep Ferrari Red color.  Here's a pic:

Any word on pricing? This one is pretty damn sexy. :cool:

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #7,818 of 14,275
  G-Shock watches definitely have their appeal.
I find most of them too colorful and/or too "busy" but I like them. I have a couple, a normal black GW6900-1 which it's solar powered and multi-band as well (even though it doesn't work where I live :p) and a GW3000B-1ACR which I "made" to look like their GA-1000-4ACR by buying an orange strap. :)

I quite like both but will probably not buy more of them... at least not now! :)

Yeah, that's why (at least in the US) retailers still sell mostly black G-Shocks, because the masses flock to them as the black color watchs are what pays everyone's bills.  Most people don't like colorful and "busy".  I'm definitely not like most people.  However, I do know that certain watches should not be worn for certain occasions, and I wear those watches accordingly.  I actually really want the GA1000-4A as well because I see it as a hybrid of a resin and luxury watch, and I don't have a G-Shock Aviator's watch...yet.  Maybe if I see it on eBay for a very tempting price.  Heres a picture of the GA1000's coming out in Q3 (not sure if they will both be sent to the US):

Any word on pricing? This one is pretty damn sexy.
cool.gif

No word on pricing yet...however, in the US, the smaller bluetooth watch was $180, the larger $200, so I believe this one will be in the $220-250 range since is has a gps as well in it.  It should be out in Q3 (different times based on which country you live in).

To see all of the colors and some of the upcoming G-Shocks for Q3, take a look at this link:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/upcoming-g-shocks-q3-releases-1036673.html

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #7,820 of 14,275
  Thanks rasmushorn.  The Pro-Trek PRW-2000 is a nice watch.  If you want to get a similar watch as a G-Shock, you can get the new Gulfmaster, US model # GWN1000B-1B, Japanese model # GWN-1000B-1BJF.  The model numbers are changed slightly based on the color and location of watch.  The price in the US when it comes out will be $500.  This is what the Gulfmaster looks like:

Thanks for the model-number, links and pictures. The GWN-1000 just entered my wish list :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #7,821 of 14,275

Thanks for the model-number, links and pictures. The GWN-1000 just entered my wish list :)

No worries, rasmushorn.  Please let us know if you decide to get this watch, and pictures would be excellent as well.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #7,826 of 14,275

Cool photo!  But no two of them are showing the same time of day. 
biggrin.gif

There's one I'm really curious about - it's the left-most watch in the yellow box, bottom left in the the photo.  What is that?

Thanks!

Mike

Yeah I am lazy when it comes to setting them.  About half of them are mechanical, and I just let them run down.  I only really set them whenever I wear them.  A good percentage of my quartz watches have dead batteries, or I have not worn in a while and haven't set them for daylight savings time change.

Bottom far left is a citizen orca.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #7,827 of 14,275
Yeah I am lazy when it comes to setting them.  About half of them are mechanical, and I just let them run down.  I only really set them whenever I wear them.  A good percentage of my quartz watches have dead batteries, or I have not worn in a while and haven't set them for daylight savings time change.

Bottom far left is a citizen orca.

Me have Orca blue ...one of me fav ...and me all time fav ...Godzilla

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #7,829 of 14,275
I've been following this thread for a few months now. The variety of pieces, the art and craftsmanship, the technology and history parallel other hobbies I have interest in. However, over the  last week or so I found myself disappointed if no one posted anything new so I pretty much went through all 500+ pages of this thread to satisfy needs I didn't think I had. I pulled an old Hamilton watch out of the drawer and brought it back to life. I now look at my Seiko Monster differently. I wonder if the watch I'm wearing really fits what I'm doing today or whether it deserves to be on my wrist. The fact that I want to wear a watch after many years of not thinking about it is also strange. I just registered at watchuseek and I'm really hoping its an academic interest. Okay maybe just add watch or two to have a solid stable of appropriate timepieces. After that, I will lock away my wallet , mouse and keyboard. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back