Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #13,141 of 14,270
Congrats, I just happen to be wearing my Tag Formula 1 today myself :grin: Bought this little baby back in 1987 and it has run flawlessly ever since but bezel is really wearing down:slight_frown:

That looks like a really nice and fun watch! That's what I love about Tag, their watches are designed to be everyday watches.

For the bezel I think if you send it into Tag for a service they would be able to restore it for you. Genesis Watchmaking are also a very highly recommended company. It might be worth looking into.

You also inspired me to post a picture of mine as well.

Attachments

• 20200224_162736.jpg
    20200224_162736.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #13,142 of 14,270
Yup! I've tried on a Rolex Datejust with a fluted bezel for example which is also a really beautiful watch but I have to say I enjoy the minimal aspect of the Carrera a lot more.

For example I can wear it to work without having to worry about it being too flashy and it simply looks great!
I have 2 DJ's but as you mentioned, they're a bit flashy so I only wear them on special occasions, but I do really enjoy them.
My OP39 w/white dial flies well under the radar and I love its simplicity.

IMG_0502.jpegIMG_0550.jpeg

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #13,143 of 14,270
I have 2 DJ's but as you mentioned, they're a bit flashy so I only wear them on special occasions, but I do really enjoy them.
My OP39 w/white dial flies well under the radar and I love its simplicity.

You're right actually the unfluted bezel looks a lot more minimal, I didn't consider that. It's a very good choice and looks great! Especially with the Oyster bracelet since the Jubilee can be very blingy.

I have to say if I were buying a Datejust though I would want to go all out with the fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet rather than trying to tame it down for work, specifically in my situation anyway since I have a work watch now.

Once I graduate I am planning to get that watch as a going out watch and to keep the Tag for work/everyday.

I do love the UV on the Datejust though. I used to wear a Submariner 1:1 replica (controversial I know but I'm still a student!) and on a night out it got a lot of attention because of the UV.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #13,144 of 14,270
You're right actually the unfluted bezel looks a lot more minimal, I didn't consider that. It's a very good choice and looks great! Especially with the Oyster bracelet since the Jubilee can be very blingy.

I have to say if I were buying a Datejust though I would want to go all out with the fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet rather than trying to tame it down for work, specifically in my situation anyway since I have a work watch now.

Once I graduate I am planning to get that watch as a going out watch and to keep the Tag for work/everyday.

I do love the UV on the Datejust though. I used to wear a Submariner 1:1 replica (controversial I know but I'm still a student!) and on a night out it got a lot of attention because of the UV.
Thank you.
You're right, if buying a DJ I feel it should be fluted w/jubilee as well.
As far as wearing a replica, the issue I see with that is safety because you could be targeted and harmed for a fake, so...

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #13,148 of 14,270
Love the watch, especially the colour! Your dog doesn't seem to impressed though haha :beyersmile:

Thanks! I figured I needed an inexpensive and fun watch to complement my Speedmaster.
She was probably thinking I should stop taking photos of my stupid watches and go outside with her - which I did.

Mar 13, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #13,149 of 14,270
Oh my gosh what a surprise it was! So my father-in-law gave me this Aragon the other night just because I sat with him for a week at the Hospital while he went through Chemo treatments for which I was expecting nothing :scream: I mean he already let me have his daughter:rolling_eyes:

Aragon Auto.JPG

Mar 15, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #13,152 of 14,270
Oh my gosh what a surprise it was! So my father-in-law gave me this Aragon the other night just because I sat with him for a week at the Hospital while he went through Chemo treatments for which I was expecting nothing :scream: I mean he already let me have his daughter:rolling_eyes:

Aragon Auto.JPG
This was very nice of you :beerchug:

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #13,155 of 14,270
I expect to be torched by folks who are into the intricate movements and not as much the accuracy, so why an automatic over a battery watch?

I have 3 'decent' watches, and while I do replace batteries, all are accurate to a few seconds +/- a month. I like to look at a watch and see it change time in sync with my computer or phone. I don't need to be anywhere within seconds, just like a timepiece to be accurate.

Here is my latest, now used with a a few NATO straps. JDM Seiko:

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 1.52.05 AM.png
IMG_0656.jpg
1585690944989.jpegIMG_0770.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back