Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 18, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #11,612 of 14,276
Jun 18, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #11,615 of 14,276
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets confused trying to set analog Gs

Which model(s) do you own? Most of the analogs aren't difficult to set, but my Baselworld MT-G is my most difficult model by far to set and use its features.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #11,616 of 14,276
I've had this one for years

http://www.gshock.com/watches/Aviation/GW3000B-1A

I still need to look at the manual any time I need to set anything. Luckily its atomic time so I don't need to change much!

I love the analogue G-Shocks, and I love that G-steel!

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #11,617 of 14,276
  Just got this one......I have to figure out how to set it up! LOL

I now realize I'm going to have a problem with this being a solar powered watch as I am not going to wear it everyday so it won't be exposed to light.  I just got a 6 watch, watch winder case and I'm not going to get a light charger.  I guess I'm going to return it :frowning2:  I really like the way this watch looks and it fills a color spot in my collection.  There is a black and gold Gulfmaster I am checking out tomorrow when I return this.  

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #11,618 of 14,276
I now realize I'm going to have a problem with this being a solar powered watch as I am not going to wear it everyday so it won't be exposed to light.  I just got a 6 watch, watch winder case and I'm not going to get a light charger.  I guess I'm going to return it :frowning2:  I really like the way this watch looks and it fills a color spot in my collection.  There is a black and gold Gulfmaster I am checking out tomorrow when I return this.  

Errmmm... You do know that solar watches hold quite a good charge right? :) I guess you really need to take a look at the manual. Lol.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #11,619 of 14,276
Errmmm... You do know that solar watches hold quite a good charge right?
smily_headphones1.gif
I guess you really need to take a look at the manual. Lol.

I'm going to do that as soon as I'm officially awake this morning lol (its 4:28 am)  The Citizen I was considering takes a 72 hour constant exposure to a bright light to fully charge.  The first paragraph in the G manual about how to charge says whenever not wearing, keep under a bright light.  That's a deal breaker right there because it goes into the watch winder/display box which is not in a bright area.  But, I will read the entire section to see if I;m thinking about it incorrectly and my particular situation will work for keeping it.

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #11,620 of 14,276
I'm going to do that as soon as I'm officially awake this morning lol (its 4:28 am)  The Citizen I was considering takes a 72 hour constant exposure to a bright light to fully charge.  The first paragraph in the G manual about how to charge says whenever not wearing, keep under a bright light.  That's a deal breaker right there because it goes into the watch winder/display box which is not in a bright area.  But, I will read the entire section to see if I;m thinking about it incorrectly and my particular situation will work for keeping it.

Just test it out.
My current Citizen doesn't see too much light, only room light or if I decide to turn on my Winder box light which is usually never. My G-Shocks had a charge indication telling if it was low/med/high. Also, most of these watches have a sleep mode which extends the life and the time you can keep them with no charge.

So, test it out, you'll probably be surprised... :wink:

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #11,621 of 14,276
Just test it out.
My current Citizen doesn't see too much light, only room light or if I decide to turn on my Winder box light which is usually never. My G-Shocks had a charge indication telling if it was low/med/high. Also, most of these watches have a sleep mode which extends the life and the time you can keep them with no charge.

So, test it out, you'll probably be surprised... :wink:

With regards to the G-Shock and solar charging, you're correct. I've got several solar G's and they hold a charge rather well and do have a sleep/hibernation mode to save even more power as well. In my several (10 by now) years of owning G-Shocks, I've only had to replace one battery - the second G-Shock that I owned, which is around 10 years old.

Saraguie - that black and gold Gulfmaster is seriously on my radar as well. I have a pic of it on my wrist earlier in this thread if you're interested to take a look. If you decide to purchase it, congrats!

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #11,623 of 14,276
Jun 23, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #11,624 of 14,276
Just replaced a couple of batteries today - fiddly work with the tweezers.

Unfortunately, one of the watches has a decorative ring around the seconds dial which has come loose, potentially fouling the movement of one hand or another, depending on where it ends up when I wear it. 
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #11,625 of 14,276

Users who are viewing this thread

Back