Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
May 9, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #92 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
biggrin.gif
. Close but no cigar.... Ted Lapidus is not quite in the cheap watches categoty.
biggrin.gif
In fact I wear the Victorinox for the day to day and I can «borrow» the Lapidus on special occasions.

Amicalement

LOL! OK, sorry
wink.gif
...I thought you were onto something for a minute
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 1:38 PM Post #93 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr
I was given this:

16710blkblk.jpg

I like it very much. It keeps excellent time, it's very rugged and comfortable. The mechanics are very smooth. The gearing reminds me of a Leica...

My favorite Rolex by far. I have a thing for the "black with stainless" look.

May 9, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #94 of 14,276
The picture of the new zenith is from their website, not mine.
Its probably that huge so you can zoom in on the toubillon cage.
Everyone is now posting huge pictures from the new pro cameras.
Get used to it. Dsl or die
biggrin.gif

I got one response back from one dealer saying the watch is
anywhere from $10k to $30k depending on whether its gold or
platinum, and whether the band is the same. Compared to many
of the other watch companies out there, this is actually a very
reasonable price.

The chronoswiss tourbillon with a leather band retails for $43,500
The iwc davinci tourbillon with a leather band retails for $59,995
(or $70,500 with a gold band)
The Lange and Sohne tourbillon with a leather band retails for $86,000
The Patek Phillipe retails for (go look it up you won't believe it)

The zenith is a great bargain. Especially considering zenith movements
end up in a lot of the other high end watches costing way more.

People were supposed to post pictures of the watches they own, not
fantasy watches.

May 9, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #95 of 14,276
I like large, easy to read watches. Can't understand the Breitling crowd. How can you tell the time with all that jumble on the face? Please raise your hand if you have used the tachymeter in the last year. Raise your hand if you know what is or how to use a tachymeter.

An Omega Seamaster GMT is my daily watch. Easy to read and doesn't mind a few knocks. Goes with suit or jeans. The big luminous markers are what attracted me. It's very easy to read at night.

My favorite watch is the IWC Portuguese. Big big beautiful face. Its just gorgeous. However, I'm always afraid I'll break that giant crystal so it only gets worn if I know I'll be in an office all day.

And lastly I have a Jaeger LeCoultre Duo. Admitingly, I've only worn it 10 times in the last year. Just not into manual watches. Especially manual watches with tiny crowns that I can't grasp with my fat fingers. For sale if anyone's interested.

Been drooling after a Sinn 6000 Frankfurt Finance Chronograph. Don't know why. Damn marketing people.

May 9, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #96 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao
Please raise your hand if you have used the tachymeter in the last year. Raise your hand if you know what is or how to use a tachymeter.

Actually, I can raise my hand here, at least to the latter of the two
wink.gif
The Cosmonaute actually has a "flight computer" integrated so that with those digits and the dial you can work out airspeed, fuel consumption, wind compensations and all kinds of stuff. In reality, you would only use it for that purpose if you absolutely had to and couldn't get your hands on anything else. I found it downright tedius and having to glance twice at my watch instead of once wasted a heck of alot of mental energy and time that I'd rather use for something else
wink.gif

That said, out of all the friends I have who own Brietlings, I'm the only one that flies planes...and I sold mine and replaced it with a GMT Master II, which was the watch I had before my present Seadweller
wink.gif

May 9, 2004 at 3:26 PM Post #97 of 14,276
You asked for it...
icon10.gif

I collect Wile E Coyote watches.. nothing fancy or obscenely expensive like some out there, but I enjoy it. Here is my current collection.. I hope to add two more here in the next few days....

May 9, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #98 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahkook
You asked for it...
icon10.gif

I collect Wile E Coyote watches.. nothing fancy or obscenely expensive like some out there, but I enjoy it. Here is my current collection.. I hope to add two more here in the next few days....

Darn, that's alot of watches
eek.gif
How do you know which one to wear?
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #99 of 14,276
Since some have also shared thier knifes as evidence of thier tastes, I humbly present mine. No wise cracks about making up for some short coming now!

This is the XXLT 100th year Victorinox anniversary knife, straight from Switzerland. My birthday present from my family. I use my XLT (slightly smaller) on a daily basis and am known by all in my family and park because of it. I swear I will meet my end while using it and will go out with a smile!

and yes, I am an Eagle Scout, and MacGyver was my childhood idol!

Mahkook

May 9, 2004 at 3:43 PM Post #100 of 14,276
Quote:

Since some have also shared thier knifes as evidence of thier tastes, I humbly present mine. No wise cracks about making up for some short coming now!

This is the XXLT 100th year Victorinox anniversary knife, straight from Switzerland. My birthday present from my family. I use my XLT (slightly smaller) on a daily basis and am known by all in my family and park because of it. I swear I will meet my end while using it and will go out with a smile!

and yes, I am an Eagle Scout, and MacGyver was my childhood idol!

Mahkook

biggrin.gif
LOL! I'm rolling round under my desk with my keyboard!!
biggrin.gif
You don't believe in half measures, do you?
eek.gif
Edit to my post about the parade square: if this was standard issue there would be a 10 minute pause beween 2nd and 3rd orders
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

EDIT: Why does Crocodile Dundee fly into my head at this point?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #101 of 14,276
Quote:

(...) and yes, I am an Eagle Scout, and MacGyver was my childhood idol!

Mahkook

And you probably own a Dilbert agenda.... Nice collection of watches you have. I was on a similar quest long ago with Swatch. I stopped because they made to much noise....
eek.gif

Amicalement

May 9, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #102 of 14,276
nope, no dilbert stuff... though I do love his satire.

Just a lot of symphay and relating to the "super genious" and his ideas that back fire. My wife gave me my first one when we got engaged and I have been having fun with collecting them ever since!

as for the army and the knife... I forgot to mention the curiosity that the center section is a lighter. 72 tools in that baby. I can't even fit my hand all the way around it! It would give an army a bad case of back aches if they carried one on thier belts. Don't forget that there is now a pharmacists spatula in there as well. Quite handy on my XLT!

mahkook

May 9, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #104 of 14,276
My watches won't win any classic, masterpieces awards, but they works
tongue.gif

Here are 2 that I most use daily (college):

There were only 2000 pieces of this produced and Asia got only 500 of them I think, don't quite remember. This one is #632

Mar.jpg

I collected Swatch watches since produced year 2000 - current. They are fun and not that expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

Swatch.jpg

This 2 are my only fine watch that I left at home (don't see the need to bring it to college :p)

WP1413_BA0754_z.jpg

Ceramica_pure_760.jpg

Pic borrowed from their site..

-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back