Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 27, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #886 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Here is mine. It was a gift from my parents when I became a partner in the first law firm I worked for after law school:

The Datejust is a pretty nice watch. One of the guys I live with has one and my dads company gave him one as a gift like 10-15years ago and its still kicking strong.

Dec 27, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #887 of 14,276
My Datejust was exactly that as well, except black dial....

I picked up a Baume & Mercier Capeland (Quartz) yesterday, but need some extra links, and HATE the B&M customer service so far, so I ordered a Hirsch stitched sharkskin leather band.

100_1393.jpg

Now if I could just get a good pic... and, if anyone knows where to snag a couple of links...

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:54 AM Post #888 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1
Now if I could just get a good pic... and, if anyone knows where to snag a couple of links...

Voila!... (But this one doesn't look exactly the same as yours though, see numbers 8 and 10 are trimmed in this one, and the little chrono dials have slightly different markings)
jomashop_1875_10021807

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:27 AM Post #889 of 14,276
Always been a fan of G-shocks. Here's some of the ones I got:

Current everyday watch: Casio G-shock Limited Edition GIEZ

Front.jpg

These two G-shock MR-Gs do not leave my house...got them more to drool over than to wear...

G-shock MR-G Revman:

MR-G001.jpg

Got the one on the left:

MR-G005.jpg

And I'm extremely tempted to pick up one of these now...except it's hard to justify it as an everyday piece (any watch over $150 does not belong out in the real world IMO where it can be scratched, run into doors, people, etc). It's seriously too nice to just leave in a closet though...

SNA615.jpg

Dec 27, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #890 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
Always WANTED to read up on this thread, never did.....

I am not a jewelry wearer, except my wedding ring and my watch. Here's my baby (a Rado Sintra Multi):

Rado_Sintra_Multi.jpg

I also own a Noblia (high end Citizen) that my wife got as an engagement gift. Don't like the manual day number, and switching it every other month. But it's a great piece, and has lots of sentimental value.

Rado makes fantastic watches!
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #891 of 14,276
I have two watches.

A Tissot PR50 Titanium watch. It’s the left one on this picture:
TISSOT-MAN-AND-GRIL-LL.jpg

I also have a Roamer Golden Days watch:
2.JPG

I like them both. The former is a bit more ‘dressy’ than the latter, though.

Jan 16, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #892 of 14,276
Jan 16, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #893 of 14,276
Jan 16, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #894 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
If neither of these look appealing, could you recommend a watch for <$500?

What are you looking for in the watch? You should answer a few questions to see what you are looking for (similar to what we do with headphones), so that suitable recommendations can be made. Check this post with a few typical questions to guide your watch-hunt.

Jan 17, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #895 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
I also have a Roamer Golden Days watch:
2.JPG

I love the Roamer. Is there a month with 32 days?
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #897 of 14,276
Quote:

From these 2 choices which would you choose, and why?

I like the more subtle, elegant aesthetics of the Movado, but I've owned a Tag for years and it's been very durable. You can swim in the Tag but not in the Movado ... that's important to me because years ago I was thrown in a swimming pool with an expensive Longine's non-waterproof watch on and despite getting it cleaned and repaired after, it never worked right again.

Jan 17, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #898 of 14,276
My brother has an automatic chrono Movado and after one of the first scheduled services (I think it was something like that) he had some problems with it. Everything got eventually fixed, but after that he was a little dissapointed with the brand.

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #899 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
My brother has an automatic chrono Movado and after one of the first scheduled services (I think it was something like that) he had some problems with it. Everything got eventually fixed, but after that he was a little dissapointed with the brand.

be disapointed with the repairman, and his "bull-sheet" if the watch wasnt returned to you in proper working order (certanly better than before) when you went to pick it up. nothing to do with the brand of watch. a junk repairman can screwup just about any watch.

i share the sentiments of this thread about movado though.

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #900 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
be disapointed with the repairman, and his "bull-sheet" if the watch wasnt returned to you in proper working order (certanly better than before) when you went to pick it up. nothing to do with the brand of watch. a junk repairman can screwup just about any watch.

Yes I perfectly understand that, and so does my brother. I think we talked about the repairman vs. brand issue. Keep in mind these are not just any repairmen, these are Movado Authorized or Certified Technicians. Also it wasn't a repair at all, it was a scheduled service iirc. In some sense these authorized technicians are part of the quality the brand offers and promises to their customers. The brand is not just selling an item, but also its quality of service, especially for automatic watches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back