Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Dec 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #5,372 of 14,275

Quote:
Daytona's are sooooo 2000 LOL, get with the trend
biggrin.gif

@bhd812

I just get so worked up about the elitism in the watch world how everyone goes crazy over the word fake without seeing the underlying reason. You are one of few exceptions. So far, it feels pretty good, good thing I did not go for the 47mm case, the 44mm fits perfectly on my 7-1/4" Asian wrist. I may invest in a better strap however, this one is a bit too red for my likings, and when I do get the real deal, I can probably just transfer that strap over.

good to hear you liking her. when you start moving straps from on watch to another make sure you don't use tubes with any spring bar watches, i learned this the hard way the other day not thinking before i put on a tube strap in a spring bar watch.

Quote:
I have always had a soft spot for the Navi as well, have you seen the ne limited with the B01 movement? Apparently Breitling have produced a gem with that movement!

You have to get yourself down to your local Rolex AD and try on the Milgauss and let me know what you think, the bracelet is amazing and they have not only answered your request for a more substantial deployant section but added to it the really useful easylink feature which allows on hot days one to expand the bracelet without tools an extra 5mm. I have to say as well, the fit and finish of the case is what I would think you would like with your Breitling comparison. I would agree about the steel, never had a problem with 306 and apart from a slight look of white gold with the stuff Rolex uses there is nothing  one can do to tell apart I think.

I was at my AD the other day and tried on the yellow gold daytona with croco strap, one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn, just have to find $25,000!

it this deployment like the new one on Submariners? I never seen a Mil up close, will check one out soon though! i have had this Rolex itch i needed to scratch for the last few years, maybe this spring if everything goes well (i like to buy one nice piece in the spring). does your watch have the green glass?

there is a place in Chicago called Howard Frum, it's a used watch shop that is well known for Rolex sales..i know allot of people who bought there before. i was there three times last years and i tried on a few Daytonas, he had a black face for $9k and the thought of selling everything came in mind. the thing what gets me is having $9k on my wrist, it kinda freaks me out a bit...haha

the B01 Navitimer is looking to be a sexy piece, finally Breitling is dropping in their own movement in the most classic Breitling design! My Navi is the 104 which has numbers on the black dial...i wish the B01 Navi had numbers on the dial.

speaking of watches, i just picked up the Lum-Tec B13 this past Monday. loving the tight fit from the Nato style strap and it is my first watch with a Seiko Movement.

also most of my replies are done on the iPad or iPhone, sorry if anyone can't read them from start to finish

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #5,374 of 14,275
Dec 4, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #5,376 of 14,275

[size=medium]

Quote:
Quote:
My soon to arrive daily wear - a black dial 15202

God damn. You are a lucky human being. 

[/size]

These words could not be more true.

Quote:

What can I say, I try.

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #5,379 of 14,275
If the shiny gloss is bugging you and you're willing, and have a light touch, a green scotchbrite pad and careful hand will remove the shine in a heartbeat and give you a rather decent brushed appearance (if you prefer that). 

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #5,380 of 14,275

Quote:

I HATE the shiny...I thought I could deal with it but it's just killing me.

Really?? Sorry to hear that... it's a great looking watch !

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #5,382 of 14,275
I received my first watch today.  thanks to Ross(baka1969) for helping me pick a great one.  i hope i dont get carried away in that hobby!

Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 and its beautiful. 

I havent had a watch in so long, i have to really be careful wearing it.  My next  watch purchase (who knows when) i hope will be a Seamaster.  Possibly the planet ocean i was debating against. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #5,383 of 14,275

Quote:
I received my first watch today.  thanks to Ross(baka1969) for helping me pick a great one.  i hope i dont get carried away in that hobby!

Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00 and its beautiful. 

I havent had a watch in so long, i have to really be careful wearing it.  My next  watch purchase (who knows when) i hope will be a Seamaster.  Possibly the planet ocean i was debating against. 

Damn, you're one step ahead of me! Speedmaster Professional is one of the watches I would love to acquire right now, but unfortunately, has to wait as I have money going to other things....Ah well, the future is bright - enjoy!

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #5,384 of 14,275
@ debitsohn.
Congrats on getting a classic and great watch !
Well, I went the Seamaster route (first...). Maybe one day I'll get that Speedy I've always wanted.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back