Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #4,336 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope some of those pictures are your wifes/girlfriends watches, becuase i dont think a caddette gold constaletion with diamonds goes well with a suite :p

No here are my wifes watches

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

P1010573.jpg

P1010572.jpg

I understand what you mean about the diamonds though, I think the 18K Constellation was my first hi end watch, I bought it when I was 25 (31 now) and didn't really know anything about watches at the time, as I've got older and wiser my taste has changed for the better I think.

Now for a suit it would have to be the Master Control, a true Manufacture piece in every way. The blue seconds hand really sets of that understated dial.

What would be your choice with a suit?

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #4,337 of 14,304
I personally think Reverso is probably one of the (if not the best) best looking watch to go with suit (business suit, that is).
But I think Master Control also look very classy. The Master Control Ultra Thin also very classy, but maybe it won't fit someone with bony wrist like me. Maybe if you have rounder wrist, it will look really nice. By the way I hate that name, Ultra Thin, sounds like a condom - I don't know whose bright idea it was to name it 'Ultra Thin'...

But out of your personal collection, the MC is the best looking one (regarless for suit or not) by far margin. IMHO.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #4,338 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think Reverso is probably one of the (if not the best) best looking watch to go with suit (business suit, that is).
But I think Master Control also look very classy. The Master Control Ultra Thin also very classy, but maybe it won't fit someone with bony wrist like me. Maybe if you have rounder wrist, it will look really nice. By the way I hate that name, Ultra Thin, sounds like a condom - I don't know whose bright idea it was to name it 'Ultra Thin'...

But out of your personal collection, the MC is the best looking one (regarless for suit or not) by far margin. IMHO.

The Reverso is and always will be one of the best. Master Control Ultra Thin does sound a bit strange doesn't it lol.

I myself have quite a small wrist, but sometimes a watch will just wear right no matter how big. But in General I don't go over the 45mm bracket.

The Master Control and the Ingenieur AMG have been my fav's so far. The Build quality and feel of the IWC is superb but both very different pieces.

What pieces do you have or had?

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #4,339 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, did anyone catch whatever mod blowout happened at WUS? Two mods from the Seiko forum just got canned, one perma-banned. I never liked either of them honestly, but I must have missed something huge.

Reminds me of the blowout on the Omega board not too long ago when several major posters took their ball and left, one of them deleting all of his posts that were chock full of all kinds of good info out of spite and took off for another board. I guess on a watch board this kind of thing is bound to happen because you've got a bunch of rich guys with egos to match always eager to compare d*cks.

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #4,340 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me of the blowout on the Omega board not too long ago when several major posters took their ball and left, one of them deleting all of his posts that were chock full of all kinds of good info out of spite and took off for another board. I guess on a watch board this kind of thing is bound to happen because you've got a bunch of rich guys with egos to match always eager to compare d*cks.

Maybe, but I'm not sure it's as certain that the Seiko board is rich guys. Most people who post there have a combined collection under $1,000, which isn't the mark of extreme wealth by any standard. Sucks that the Omega guy pulled that though. Must have been before I started going there... over 2 years ago?

It looks like another mod on the forum was canned too. I would REALLY like to read the mod boards, on any major forum.

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #4,341 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Persian.prince /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand what you mean about the diamonds though, I think the 18K Constellation was my first hi end watch,

Diamonds & 18K Gold is 'hi end'? Are you crazy!

wink_face.gif

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #4,342 of 14,304
As Carol Channing once said, "Diamonds are a Girl's best Friend".

However, according to Maslov's hierarchy of needs, basic needs come first (food, water, and shelter), then came Safety needs (such as a non-war torn country and a protected countryside), and then Psychological needs, (such as love and friendship and reward for what we do in or daily lives), then "Self Actualization", and then the diamonds become important.

A watch with diamonds on it won't help you on a desert island without a tent and lots of coconuts.

Hopefully, we are all at the Self actualization stage at this point in our lives and at this point in our hobby.

Sorry for the serious awareness lesson, but with all that's going on in Haiti and the Middle East, diamonds don't seem so important compared to the loss of so many lives.

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #4,344 of 14,304
Quote:

A watch with diamonds on it won't help you on a desert island without a tent and lots of coconuts.

Hopefully, we are all at the Self actualization stage at this point in our lives and at this point in our hobby.

Sorry for the serious awareness lesson, but with all that's going on in Haiti and the Middle East, diamonds don't seem so important compared to the loss of so many lives.

Could not agree with you more.
As coming from the middle east myself I tend to think of what plans Israel & the US have for my home country, and what will happen to my family. The world is set to change for the worst and no matter how much wealth you have it will not help you.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #4,346 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Persian.prince /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could not agree with you more.
As coming from the middle east myself I tend to think of what plans Israel & the US have for my home country, and what will happen to my family. The world is set to change for the worst and no matter how much wealth you have it will not help you.

Let's not go there, Persian.prince. Let's keep this thread on topic.

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #4,347 of 14,304
i would almost consider the last several posts to be thread crapping, this thread is for the discussion of watches, not what people should be doing with their money, immtbiker, maybe you should go through and delete them all, including this one.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #4,349 of 14,304
dont look at me, i asked a few posts back if i was the only one who likes zenith better then rolex,

then again, the value of a rolex is that everyone knows its value and whatever happens you can always trade it in for food, shelter and travel in case of emergencys, its like a "piggybank" on your wrist, theres very few things in this world you can do that with,

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #4,350 of 14,304
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. Can we stop talking about those and maybe just start bashing Rolex instead? I love bashing Rolex.
biggrin.gif

Now why would you want to bash a nice old gentleman like this?
wink_face.gif

USG

orig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back