Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Oct 3, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #436 of 913
Well, I wouldn't say it's THAT simple. I did it overnight for 48 hours and it still didn't bend.

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #438 of 913
Did the Sonic signature or acoustics change at all with less of a seal?

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #439 of 913
Hi, I received a Bravura system for testing. Can I connect the Bravura to Ibasso dx320 max USB to USB or coax to coax? I want listen in the place where I relax and not run the cable from the main system.

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #441 of 913
No they are the same. It has good seal now with a little pressure(which they need for the bass).
Good. I guess it didn't help my situation with the pads kind of coming to a point as opposed to a larger, flat surface area distributing the pressure.
Who knows... maybe in the future I will get the Bravura again.

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #442 of 913
Good. I guess it didn't help my situation with the pads kind of coming to a point as opposed to a larger, flat surface area distributing the pressure.
Who knows... maybe in the future I will get the Bravura again.
Sound didn’t change at all. it’s accept the same great fast airy sound with good deep bass(for an electrostatic).

Oct 7, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #443 of 913
I didn't see a reason for this. Before I started using filters, I had Susvara, SolP and Abyss. Technically, the AB1266 is the most advanced headphones - the biggest soundstage, the most dynamic sound. The only problem was their tonal balance, which is perfect for rock and metal, but not so good for vocals and live music. I needed other headphones just for the sake of a different tuning, better suited for classical music.

With convolution filters headphones have flat response and I’m listening with tonal balance which was intended at recording/mixing stage. Took some time to get used to it, but now I’m happy. Without headphone specific coloration I’m hearing each recording differently, which is great IMO.
@Ciggavelli you try these filters? make a diff?

on the Aperio.... I had the Sus with the Bakoon and thought it was garbage. Yeah more transparent... even the Bakoon didn't give it meat like an LCD4Z...I like weight... and meat in my music... I doubt that the Aperio can get there. Sus was like listening to a feather. Utopia 2022 scales incredibly well with the wa33 elite... shocking actually. 1266 phi tc arrives Monday.

want to try these filters.

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #444 of 913
@Ciggavelli you try these filters? make a diff?

on the Aperio.... I had the Sus with the Bakoon and thought it was garbage. Yeah more transparent... even the Bakoon didn't give it meat like an LCD4Z...I like weight... and meat in my music... I doubt that the Aperio can get there. Sus was like listening to a feather. Utopia 2022 scales incredibly well with the wa33 elite... shocking actually. 1266 phi tc arrives Monday.

want to try these filters.
I have like 7 Mitch filters. I like them. I don’t use them all the time though, just when I want a change. Except for the SR1a, I used the Mitch filters always for that. It is brilliant. The Sus and TC ones are more subtle.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #445 of 913
I joined the ranks of owners of the Bravura earlier this week.

IMG_2345.jpeg

Last weekend, I attended So Cal Can Jam where I first heard the Aperio and the Bravura. I had not heard either prior, but those were among the few headphones that I knew that I wanted to listen to. I previously owned the Hifiman Susvara, so as far as summit-fi goes, that’s my reference point. Additionally, I was able to experience the Sennheiser HE-1 in the dedicated room, almost as the first thing I did at Can Jam. That was an amazing experience, for sure. Immediately after that, I went straight back to the main floor and got in the line for the Warwick Acoustic booth to try the Bravura and Aperio. The short of it is that I was absolutely floored by them both, but found that I preferred the vocals of the Bravura a bit more than that Aperio. Aperio technically and in almost every other way sounded better than the Bravura, but the vocals just sounded sweeter and even more intimate. Even compared to the HE-1, I preferred the sound signature of the Aperio and the Bravura. The Aperio and the HE-1 certainly trade blow for blow on different technicals and I absolutely can see why people might prefer one over the other.

IMG_2346.jpeg

I went through the rest of the day trying other things, including the Susvara again on different chains, like the dCS Lina stack, Kallyste tube/SS stack, and while an aspect of me still think they are one of the absolute best headphones, I was still just further solidified in my stance that I am satisfied that I sold them. There were other headphones that really stood out to me that I shared thoughts in the So Cal Can Jam thread, too. I really liked the 2022 Utopia, the Meze Elite, the most. When I was in the Woo Audio room I listened to the the Stax SR-X9000 or the Abyss 1266. Neither of those I really cared for.

IMG_2342.jpeg

I came back to the Aperio and the Bravura two more times at the headphones.com booth throughout the day because The Warwick Acoustic systems really just left an impression on me and I couldn’t get enough. I knew I had to get the Bravura, especially given how much I really liked the vocals on them. So right after I arrived home from Can Jam, I placed my order for the Bravura/Sonoma combo and I took delivery of it just two days later.

IMG_2343.jpeg

Now that I’ve had about four days of listening under my belt in my own environment I can say that I am extremely satisfied with my choice. It’s not a perfect system, but dollar for dollar, I really don’t think it can be beat. It is so fast (obviously, given it’s an estat), but it isn’t sterile, like the Stax I’ve heard. There’s a sweet timbre that I just really, really enjoy. It’s got a touch of warmth, especially in the mid-range that I prefer. That’s especially true for vocals and instruments, which I very much am looking for. The bass, even sub bass, is fast and authoritative. It’s not lacking in bass like most other estats, but it’s certainly not heaviest in that department, for sure. That said, I really like the bass texture. To me, it strikes a fantastic all around of speed and heft.

IMG_2344.jpeg

When initially left the Warwick booth, I talked to the Warwick guys and the first word out of my mouth was, “magical.”. The Bravura isn’t perfect, but after four days of hours upon hours of listening so far, I stand by what I said, it certainly is one of the most magical sounds that I’ve heard from a headphone to date. Especially, as I get older, I am less interested in equipment rolling and I just want to get straight into enjoying music. And I certainly have!

IMG_2347.jpeg

A couple non-sonic thoughts, I’m a glasses-wearer and was initially concerned with issues with the seal, but that’s not been a problem. I also was concerned with comfort and clamp force, but thus far it hasn’t proven to be a problem. They certainly clam more than the Susvara, but for me, it’s not enough to cause pressure and aches like Audeze headphones, in general, do for me. I also LOVE the look of these headphones. I really liked the actual cans of the Susvara, but never was a fan of the headband mechanisms, it just felt flimsy. The Bravura look and feel more premium than the Susvara.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #446 of 913
I joined the ranks of owners of the Bravura earlier this week.

IMG_2345.jpeg

Last weekend, I attended So Cal Can Jam where I first heard the Aperio and the Bravura. I had not heard either prior, but those were among the few headphones that I knew that I wanted to listen to. I previously owned the Hifiman Susvara, so as far as summit-fi goes, that’s my reference point. Additionally, I was able to experience the Sennheiser HE-1 in the dedicated room, almost as the first thing I did at Can Jam. That was an amazing experience, for sure. Immediately after that, I went straight back to the main floor and got in the line for the Warwick Acoustic booth to try the Bravura and Aperio. The short of it is that I was absolutely floored by them both, but found that I preferred the vocals of the Bravura a bit more than that Aperio. Aperio technically and in almost every other way sounded better than the Bravura, but the vocals just sounded sweeter and even more intimate. Even compared to the HE-1, I preferred the sound signature of the Aperio and the Bravura. The Aperio and the HE-1 certainly trade blow for blow on different technicals and I absolutely can see why people might prefer one over the other.

IMG_2346.jpeg

I went through the rest of the day trying other things, including the Susvara again on different chains, like the dCS Lina stack, Kallyste tube/SS stack, and while an aspect of me still think they are one of the absolute best headphones, I was still just further solidified in my stance that I am satisfied that I sold them. There were other headphones that really stood out to me that I shared thoughts in the So Cal Can Jam thread, too. I really liked the 2022 Utopia, the Meze Elite, the most. When I was in the Woo Audio room I listened to the the Stax SR-X9000 or the Abyss 1266. Neither of those I really cared for.

IMG_2342.jpeg

I came back to the Aperio and the Bravura two more times at the headphones.com booth throughout the day because The Warwick Acoustic systems really just left an impression on me and I couldn’t get enough. I knew I had to get the Bravura, especially given how much I really liked the vocals on them. So right after I arrived home from Can Jam, I placed my order for the Bravura/Sonoma combo and I took delivery of it just two days later.

IMG_2343.jpeg

Now that I’ve had about four days of listening under my belt in my own environment I can say that I am extremely satisfied with my choice. It’s not a perfect system, but dollar for dollar, I really don’t think it can be beat. It is so fast (obviously, given it’s an estat), but it isn’t sterile, like the Stax I’ve heard. There’s a sweet timbre that I just really, really enjoy. It’s got a touch of warmth, especially in the mid-range that I prefer. That’s especially true for vocals and instruments, which I very much am looking for. The bass, even sub bass, is fast and authoritative. It’s not lacking in bass like most other estats, but it’s certainly not heaviest in that department, for sure. That said, I really like the bass texture. To me, it strikes a fantastic all around of speed and heft.

IMG_2344.jpeg

When initially left the Warwick booth, I talked to the Warwick guys and the first word out of my mouth was, “magical.”. The Bravura isn’t perfect, but after four days of hours upon hours of listening so far, I stand by what I said, it certainly is one of the most magical sounds that I’ve heard from a headphone to date. Especially, as I get older, I am less interested in equipment rolling and I just want to get straight into enjoying music. And I certainly have!

IMG_2347.jpeg

A couple non-sonic thoughts, I’m a glasses-wearer and was initially concerned with issues with the seal, but that’s not been a problem. I also was concerned with comfort and clamp force, but thus far it hasn’t proven to be a problem. They certainly clam more than the Susvara, but for me, it’s not enough to cause pressure and aches like Audeze headphones, in general, do for me. I also LOVE the look of these headphones. I really liked the actual cans of the Susvara, but never was a fan of the headband mechanisms, it just felt flimsy. The Bravura look and feel more premium than the Susvara.
thanks for this great review. I felt exactly the same when I first listened to the Bravura. I owned every Stax in the past but I always found them to analytical and cold with less emotions. I really love Stax but the Bravura’s got me immediately. They just sound wright to me. they are celebrating the music with a little footprint on the table. my search is over.. and I love this fact.

Oct 8, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #447 of 913
Hello everyone, I found a full sonoma system for ~$2k, so going to buy the Bravura headset and compare to Sonoma, LCD-5, & Susvara (driven off ~$2k amp). Also can compare to Utopia & Atrium but I doubt they compete.

20231001_204145.jpg

To be clear, this review won't be for most people here, I don't listen to too much classical/orchestral music, but I'm hoping to provide a perspective from someone that listens to mostly pop adjacent & vocal based music!

If anyone wants anything specific compared, please let me know, I'll do my best to A/B what I can!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #448 of 913
Hello everyone, I found a full sonoma system for ~$2k, so going to buy the Bravura headset and compare to Sonoma, LCD-5, & Susvara (driven off ~$2k amp). Also can compare to Utopia & Atrium but I doubt they compete.

20231001_204145.jpg

To be clear, this review won't be for most people here, I don't listen to too much classical/orchestral music, but I'm hoping to provide a perspective from someone that listens to mostly pop adjacent & vocal based music!

If anyone wants anything specific compared, please let me know, I'll do my best to A/B what I can!

Yeah looking forward to read it. Still curious about Atrium & Utopia. Especially Atrium wins for me with its natural and rich presentation vs many other headphones, which is argueably rarer than detail retrieval and speed.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #449 of 913
Yeah looking forward to read it. Still curious about Atrium & Utopia. Especially Atrium wins for me with its natural and rich presentation vs many other headphones, which is argueably rarer than detail retrieval and speed.
Indeed! Atriums have such a natural note "thickness" and decay that makes it a keeper for me! I plan on selling ~half of what I have right now, but Atriums is the only one I'm 100% certain I'm keeping. I think it really depends on what music one listens to in order to determine if Atriums will suit one's preferences, but for about 40% of my music, it's outright magical.

I'll make sure to add some more details comparing with Atriums and Utopia. It might take a while until I am able to properly create comparisons, I want to be as accurate as I can so the information is actually useful!

Oct 8, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #450 of 913
Looking forward to your impressions! I listen to a whole lot of different genres, but one that stands out as the most important is choral and a capella music. So vocals are incredibly important to me. Curious to hear how you feel the Bravura compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back