Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Aug 26, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #406 of 913
My Bravura/Sonoma system isn't selling so I'm inclined to keep and enjoy it (only offers are trades). May connect it to my Roon Nucleus+ directly via USB in a different room for more headphone goodness.

Aug 27, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #407 of 913
If the "Network" function is selected, and you have connected an ethernet cable into the RJ45 jack on the back, then the Aperio will show up as a network selectable device. For instance, I can stream Qobuz or Apple Music directly to the Aperio from my laptop this way without using a direct USB connection. I assume the connection is made via Airplay in my case. My DAC, the Mola Mola Tabaqui, works similarly, except that it is only visible if you are accessing via the Roon app. The Aperio is visible to any network device or app.
Thank you

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #408 of 913
I have the Bravura system and my only complaint is that the headphone is very tight on my head and the clamping force is pretty high. Has anyone ever stretched out the band? Is it even possible? This could be the difference between me keeping the system and selling it.
Thank you.

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #409 of 913
I have the Bravura system and my only complaint is that the headphone is very tight on my head and the clamping force is pretty high. Has anyone ever stretched out the band? Is it even possible? This could be the difference between me keeping the system and selling it.
Thank you.
If you search stretch in this thread you will find post relating to your question. Here is what I said: You can stretch the Bravura headphones over a box that is slightly wider than your head for few hours and it will stretch. They underlying structure is metal so unless you went crazy, is seems safe to do this. I have done it and it works. Stretching over a box or other object gave me just enough additional room.

Aug 27, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #410 of 913
If you search stretch in this thread you will find post relating to your question. Here is what I said: You can stretch the Bravura headphones over a box that is slightly wider than your head for few hours and it will stretch. They underlying structure is metal so unless you went crazy, is seems safe to do this. I have done it and it works. Stretching over a box or other object gave me just enough additional room.
That worked for me , they are quite comfortable now .

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #411 of 913
That worked for me , they are quite comfortable now .
Thank you both.
Two more questions...

Do they stay that way?
Did this cause any permanent squeeze on the foam pads?

Aug 27, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #412 of 913
Thank you both.
Two more questions...

Do they stay that way?
Did this cause any permanent squeeze on the foam pads?
This is not my primary system so I use these phones infrequently. The amount of stretch needed was very small. They remain comfortable and I can’t say that I have noticed any changes to the pads. Others have done similar stretching. You might run some searches to see what their experience is. You can always write to Warwick customer service to get their input. They are very helpful.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #414 of 913
Thanks to all for the recommendations on the stretching. I stretched them overnight and this morning I put them on and there was major relief. It was comfortable. I got home from work today and put them on and the clamping force is pretty strong again. I listened for over an hour today and I have a headache now.

I'm pissed because this headphone was supposed to replace my Susvara. The resolution on the Bravura is absolutely insane. Resolution, detail, speed and the transparency is through the roof. It's simply an amazing system. But I felt I couldn't enjoy it because my head was being squeezed again.

Ugh........ I really wanted this headphone to stay.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #415 of 913
Thanks to all for the recommendations on the stretching. I stretched them overnight and this morning I put them on and there was major relief. It was comfortable. I got home from work today and put them on and the clamping force is pretty strong again. I listened for over an hour today and I have a headache now.

I'm pissed because this headphone was supposed to replace my Susvara. The resolution on the Bravura is absolutely insane. Resolution, detail, speed and the transparency is through the roof. It's simply an amazing system. But I felt I couldn't enjoy it because my head was being squeezed again.

Keep stretching them , they need more time then after a while poof they stay comfortable at least that was my experience.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #416 of 913

As Palyodgree said above they need more stretch lesson’s:) it worked perfect for me and I hope it works for you too.

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #417 of 913
I'm glad you all had success with stretching the Bravura and once again, I thank everyone for their input.
However...
I was unsuccessful in my attempts to give the Bravura a stretch that would be acceptable to me. It did stretch a bit but I was still getting incredible (for me), pressure against my head. I think it also has to do with the pads having "sharp" edged that focus all the pressure in a smaller, concentrated area.
Even with the stretch I put on it, it still gave me headaches and was very unpleasant for listening sessions longer than 20 minutes. I have my Susvara on for 3-4 hours with barely any issues.

If the Bravura existed during medieval times, it would be feared.
Shame, I really wanted to keep it. The sonics were exceptional with borderline ridiculous resolution. I considered it as a replacement for my Susvara and I could pocket some serious cash selling the Susvara system that accompanied it.
The Bravura has been sold.

I wish everyone continued enjoyment with your Bravura and Aperio.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #418 of 913
I'm glad you all had success with stretching the Bravura and once again, I thank everyone for their input.
However...
I was unsuccessful in my attempts to give the Bravura a stretch that would be acceptable to me. It did stretch a bit but I was still getting incredible (for me), pressure against my head. I think it also has to do with the pads having "sharp" edged that focus all the pressure in a smaller, concentrated area.
Even with the stretch I put on it, it still gave me headaches and was very unpleasant for listening sessions longer than 20 minutes. I have my Susvara on for 3-4 hours with barely any issues.

Shame, I really wanted to keep it. The sonics were exceptional with borderline ridiculous resolution. I considered it as a replacement for my Susvara and I could pocket some serious cash selling the Susvara system that accompanied it.

I wish everyone continued enjoyment with your Bravura and Aperi

All the best with your future sonic endeavour‘s ,.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #419 of 913
I have joined the Warwick Acoustics clan.

PXL_20230831_203026185.jpg

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #420 of 913
However...

I wish everyone continued enjoyment with your Bravura and Aperio.
so sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best with your next sonic ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back