Warwick Acoustics APERIO and BRAVURA
Jul 14, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #391 of 913
ConvinceMeAudio just uploaded an APERIO review:

Jul 21, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #392 of 913
ConvinceMeAudio just uploaded an APERIO review:

In his review of the Aperio, ConvinceMeAudio says that the Aperio could be improved by using a high quality external DAC. Well, I am reporting that he is right. I just got a Mola-Mola Tambaqui which some reviewers say is one of the very best DACs at any price. I connected it to the Aperio and, wow! The difference was immediate and dramatic. Naturalness, grip and control of bass, realism and overall better 3D and airiness. The Aperio was excellent to begin with but this DAC really makes a significant audio difference. I have been somewhat skeptical of spending a lot of money on DACs in the past, but, in this case, I have been convinced. I have only had the Tambaqui for a few days but I wanted to confirm that a DAC like the Tambaqui will push the Aperio to another level of excellence.

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #393 of 913
In his review of the Aperio, ConvinceMeAudio says that the Aperio could be improved by using a high quality external DAC. Well, I am reporting that he is right. I just got a Mola-Mola Tambaqui which some reviewers say is one of the very best DACs at any price. I connected it to the Aperio and, wow! The difference was immediate and dramatic. Naturalness, grip and control of bass, realism and overall better 3D and airiness. The Aperio was excellent to begin with but this DAC really makes a significant audio difference. I have been somewhat skeptical of spending a lot of money on DACs in the past, but, in this case, I have been convinced. I have only had the Tambaqui for a few days but I wanted to confirm that a DAC like the Tambaqui will push the Aperio to another level of excellence.
This is good to know. I have contemplated getting that exact set up before, but went down a different path on the headphone front. Can definitely vouch for the Tambaqui, it's wonderful.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #394 of 913
Hi, I have a question for people who own the Bravura system. I want to get one for my workplace but I don't know if sound escapes a lot like a planar and be annoying for my co-workers. Do you think it's a good system for an office setting? Thanks!

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #397 of 913
… another confirmation that ‘upstream’ audio chain upgrades are the key to system realisation.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #398 of 913
Heard Aperio today. Got to agree with Convince me audio, absolutely astonishing headphone.

I just spent the weekend at Canjam, even after two days of listening to high end systems and equipment, the Aperio system stood out head and shoulders above for me. Truly amazing engineering.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #399 of 913
Heard Aperio today. Got to agree with Convince me audio, absolutely astonishing headphone.

I just spent the weekend at Canjam, even after two days of listening to high end systems and equipment, the Aperio system stood out head and shoulders above for me. Truly amazing engineering.
Exactly my experience as well!

Aug 21, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #400 of 913

Curious to hear how you think Aperio compares to the Headphones you own / have heard.

Aug 25, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #401 of 913
Am going to be demoing one of these and then purchasing it if I like it. Was wondering how the built in streamer works? Am a noob to technical audio aspects. Am I able to just turn it on and stream music right from it? If so what services is it able to use? Thanks

Aug 26, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #403 of 913
If anyone reading this thread is interested in a Bravura system, PM me.

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #404 of 913
Am going to be demoing one of these and then purchasing it if I like it. Was wondering how the built in streamer works? Am a noob to technical audio aspects. Am I able to just turn it on and stream music right from it? If so what services is it able to use? Thanks
there is no built in streamer. Aperio a Bravura have a built in amp and dac but you need an external source for streaming the music(PC or a Hi-Fi streamer via usb)

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #405 of 913
there is no built in streamer. Aperio a Bravura have a built in amp and dac but you need an external source for streaming the music(PC or a Hi-Fi streamer via usb)
If the "Network" function is selected, and you have connected an ethernet cable into the RJ45 jack on the back, then the Aperio will show up as a network selectable device. For instance, I can stream Qobuz or Apple Music directly to the Aperio from my laptop this way without using a direct USB connection. I assume the connection is made via Airplay in my case. My DAC, the Mola Mola Tabaqui, works similarly, except that it is only visible if you are accessing via the Roon app. The Aperio is visible to any network device or app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back