WARNING: Monster DOES NOT honor warranty on open box items!!
Jul 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #46 of 73
Amazon has an open box reseller subsidiary (items sold under the "used" link by Warehousedeals) that gives you 30 days for returns, no questions asked, but also offers an added 1-year warranty. For example, you can get TF10s for $209 and it costs $45 more for an extended warranty provided by a third party. So Amazon also does not offer a manufacturer's warranty on open box items. But they also don't advertise the merch as having a manufacturer's warranty.

Apple, however, will resell open box items (called refurbished, but really open box) and give a full warranty, one year is their standard.

Authorized dealer has nothing to do with providing warranties on open box items. Just the way it is. If you buy open box, which I do on occasion, you assume the risk unless you buy an extended warranty.

I guess that's the same philosophy behind the non-transferrable warranty deal. But again, to me it's just a smart business decision to allow warranty transfers should the product be defective (and not stepped on or chewed by someone's dog for example),

Again, just my view. And there are alternatives to those manufacturers, anyway. UE, Shure, Westone. Most of their best stuff is way overpriced in my view.

Quote:
Only reason I think Monster should make an exception for the "original owner" rule is because it was inspected (at least supposed to be), repackaged and sold by an authorized dealer. As I understand it, "open box" can only be used by an authorized retailer, since they officially certify it to be in as good working condition as new. You can't throw your personal headphones on Ebay as an "open box" item. At least you shouldn't.

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #47 of 73

Not to burst your bubble, but supposedly they are also now accepting new ones at the same price through myprice. 
Quote:
HAHAHAHAH i told them the same thing and they offered me a  brand new one at open price too!!!!

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #49 of 73
^^ see the turbine copper thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/470614/monster-turbine-pro-copper/1425#post_6804128

it just takes patience.

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #50 of 73
I contacted onecall about this yesterday and while I won't reveal any details or the outcome of the conversation, I will say that I would still buy open box Monster products from onecall and rest assured that it still had the full manufacturer warranty. Onecall also stated that they've NEVER once had an issue on a warranty claim for an open box Monster product.

Jul 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #51 of 73
People just need to wise up about how they represent themselves for service support.  If I call company X and say I bought this thing from a guy who bought it from this girl after she got it from another guy who found it under his truck tire then I think its only natural for a rep to pause a bit.

Jul 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #52 of 73

Quote:
I contacted onecall about this yesterday and while I won't reveal any details or the outcome of the conversation, I will say that I would still buy open box Monster products from onecall and rest assured that it still had the full manufacturer warranty. Onecall also stated that they've NEVER once had an issue on a warranty claim for an open box Monster product.

I don't get it, because I thought there have been numerous posts from people who called monster and were told the warranty would not be covered?  Also a poster tried to use it and was denied coverage from Monster, I thought? 

Monster is the one to contact, not one call.

Jul 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #53 of 73
QFT. Keep it simple and bend a couple of things to make it work.

Quote:
People just need to wise up about how they represent themselves for service support.  If I call company X and say I bought this thing from a guy who bought it from this girl after she got it from another guy who found it under his truck tire then I think its only natural for a rep to pause a bit.

Jul 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #54 of 73

Quote:
^^ see the turbine copper thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/470614/monster-turbine-pro-copper/1425#post_6804128

it just takes patience.

Well it appears having some patience paid off. After several attempts, I got an offer of $219.(shipped) for them. in your opinion, do you think I shouldn't press my luck and go for it? Or keep trying?

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #55 of 73
Depends on how much $10 is worth to you in your time, effort and worrying about it.  Try just calling them on the offer and haggling for 209 over the phone.

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #56 of 73

Quote:

Quote:
I don't get it, because I thought there have been numerous posts from people who called monster and were told the warranty would not be covered?  Also a poster tried to use it and was denied coverage from Monster, I thought? 

Monster is the one to contact, not one call.

Agreed with CoryGillmore.  Onecall can say that Monster will cover their open box items all they want, but in the end, it is Monster who decides whether or not to honor a claim.  And Monster is VERY clear that they do not cover open box items-just call them.  People HAVE had problems with Monster denying open box claims, so again, it doesn't matter what Onecall says, it is Monster you need to ask, because it is Monster you will be dealing with.  And I know that Onecall would probably say "oh, if they don't cover it and you have problems, we'll fix it".  But will they REALLY honor all the parts of the warranty: the break it once and replace warranty?  Or the limited lifetime warranty? 5 years down the road, if I call Onecall, are they going to care?  Maybe.  But I'm not gonna chance it when they will give me the same item NEW for the same price.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #57 of 73

Quote:
Well it appears having some patience paid off. After several attempts, I got an offer of $219.(shipped) for them. in your opinion, do you think I shouldn't press my luck and go for it? Or keep trying?

That's a great offer! I think you should definitely go for it. I just bought a pair of Monster Turbine Pro GOLD with Command-Talk for 200 a few hours ago! As soon as they open up, I will call them to cancel this order and try to get a deal near yours!

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #58 of 73
I think it's a great deal! I just bought a Monster Turbine Pro GOLD with command-talk for 200! As soon as they open up, I'm going to cancel my order and instead order the coppers at a price near yours (hopefully)

edit: @ KarlAgathon

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #59 of 73

Quote:
I think it's a great deal! I just bought a Monster Turbine Pro GOLD with command-talk for 200! As soon as they open up, I'm going to cancel my order and instead order the coppers at a price near yours (hopefully)

edit: @ KarlAgathon

Yeah, I couldnt pass it up and ended up ordereding them. I still almost want to kick myself for almost actually paying full retail for them.

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #60 of 73
You guys are learning the secret to enjoying Monster products.  Not paying full retail.  Those people that got Coppers for $174 during the Dell deal got a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back