WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #571 of 1,210
Hi guys, have been getting a little worried too after reading this thread as i bought my ie8 off amazon as well. they came sealed, and sounded great off the bat. and actually until today im pretty happy with the sound reproduction that its currently giving me. however, im also planning on selling them off to raise funds for another hobby of mine. as such, would like to get some input back from everyone as to whether or not i may unwittingly con someone into buying a fake pair of earphones =/ i bought these from amazon.co.uk but judging from the negative feedback, im also afraid that i may have gotten a fake pair. planning on bringing these down to the official sennheiser service center to get them checked out. but until then, some feedback would be great as im being held back by my coming exam schedules.

once again, thanks very much for the information thus far and for any feedback provided!

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #572 of 1,210
@tehdood: I can't really tell from those pictures. Use the macro mode on your camera (it is the symbol of a flower on most cameras) and take a close-up picture of the bass-knob. The picture of the logo/bass-knob are kind of blurry, so I can't tell for sure based on these pictures.

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #574 of 1,210

Quote:
alright. anything else i should aim for?

L/R signs (close-up/macro), bass knob (close-up/macro), the jacks connecting to the IEM body (close-up/macro), the Sennheiser logo on the IEM (close-up/macro). Those three should be enough. Also, it looks like the bass knob is kind of broken in your pictures. Did that happen before or after you got the IE8?

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #576 of 1,210
hope these photos are better. the mark in the dial was caused due to poor usage of the bass tool. was my fault for that one. its not broken, just a deep scratch. man, the moderation of my photos is rough =/

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #577 of 1,210
Looks real to me from those pictures. And you also said you're satisfied with the sound quality, right? Then you should have a genuine pair.

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #580 of 1,210
Hi! I'm new here and i just purchased an ie8. What do you think of my ie8? Are they fake or real?

the logo "s" is silver and not black because of the lighting. it does not have the red wire like what is stated in the first post

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #582 of 1,210
hmmm.. i tried comparing it with my friend's also newly bought ie8 which has 2 years official senn warranty and the sound quality is really the same with my ie8 which is only a day older and has about 5hrs burn in. i bought mine from the same seller that my friend bought his ie8 from but i bought mine as new without box. the sound quality of the ie8 i bought is really good and the best iem i have ever tried.

the seller told me that lately the ie8's which he got from singapore has slightly thicker lines surrounding the logo "S" compared to before which is thinner. the slightly damaged cables near the y junction is because this is being shipped without the box and might have caused that damage the seller said.

i will definitely ask for a refund if this is proven fake

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #583 of 1,210
@lancelot414: They look fake to me, because of what Photofan1986 said, the lines surrounding the S are quite thick compared to every genuine IE8 I have seen. Also, the lines surrounding the S on the jack is conversely too close to the S, whereas on the real Sennheisers they are a bit farther away from touching the S. The bass knob also looks plastic-ey/flimsy and too thick in your pictures.

And would the real IE8 really have damage on the cable near the junction? I've had mine for half a year and they don't have a single scratch/nick/dent anywhere on the cable, which I can only assume is because of the Kevlar infused cable. They pretty much look fake to me, but hopefully someone else can also weigh in on this with their opinion.

Jun 6, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #584 of 1,210
Jun 6, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #585 of 1,210

Quote:
try it with high note at around 80 Db, and  EQ the Fre respond to every style, if there are any distortion, then it's definitely fake

btw, i found something interesting here, look at the Question section that the seller provided, i LOLed
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sennheiser-IE8-IE-8-sound-isolating-Ear-Canal-Phones-/270587856182?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3f004b0536#ht_3406wt_1137

Oh man, I LOL'd for a good while after reading that. Made to fool people, ahahahaha!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back