WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
May 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #558 of 1,210
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-IE8-Iphone-Ipod-Headphones-Earphones-NEW-/250637414481?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a5b277051

Probably know the answer already, but are these fake? They're in japan.... I messaged them asking them to give me pictures, not stock images, of the box and contents... Just in case, anyone order from these kind of accounts before? This one has 2 feedbacks but no mention of counterfeits
confused.gif

May 30, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #562 of 1,210

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-IE8-Iphone-Ipod-Headphones-Earphones-NEW-/250637414481?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a5b277051

Probably know the answer already, but are these fake? They're in japan.... I messaged them asking them to give me pictures, not stock images, of the box and contents... Just in case, anyone order from these kind of accounts before? This one has 2 feedbacks but no mention of counterfeits
confused.gif

Price too good to be true and no signs of they should be genuine. I wouldn't buy from him.

May 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #563 of 1,210

Quote:

Probably know the answer already, but are these fake? They're in japan....

I don't know about this seller. I bought quite a few Japanese CDs from ebay power sellers. Those power sellers were listed in Japan. When I received my CDs, they were mailed from China.
$99 for an IE8, it is just too good; those boxed fake ones sound good, but you can do better at that price. I have another fake IE8 (so-called oem, came in a silver plastic bag), those are sold under $10 in China; they are ok for $10, you'll kick yourself if you paid more than.

May 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #564 of 1,210

Quote:

confused.gif

These are fakes. Anything that sells at that low of a price point (even considering if they're used--these advertise them as new, making them even less believable), are clearly fakes.

If anyone is interested, I am selling my pair of IE8s on the trade/sale forum.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #568 of 1,210
A friend of mine imports fake IE8s and also fake Monsters (Beats and Dr. Dres, I think) from China. He pays only $10 for the Monsters, but up to $70 for the IE8s, depending on the quantity. So Head-fiers might want to be careful about fake Monsters, too.

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #569 of 1,210
I can't say fro certain, but those pictures look OK from what I can see. The little details and quality in the logos and rubber molding look to be higher quality than most of the fakes I have seen, either that or the fakers are getting really good. The proof will be in the sound. BTW what price are they at? I ask because if they are not drastically lower than was other German reseller sell the IE8 for I would suspect they would be OK.

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM Post #570 of 1,210
They were on auction, which ended around 150e.

Sound quality is suspicious.After around 20h of playing, bass is good, goes low down and have good definition.Bass knob works.
But they lacks middle and high clarity compared to my UE 5 Pro. Also on UE I can immediatelly hear hiss from my player, on Sennheiser it's not the case.They have the treble but it lacks clarity, also when the song's are more complex it's like they have a problem playing it all.. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back