Want to take the plunge (and try eye contacts)
Jun 12, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #31 of 72
Contacts ain't just about vanity though. I've worn glasses pretty much since HS, and contacts are just liberating. No more worrying about smudges, no more limited field of vision, and with contacts.. yeah, the ability to actually have that peripheral vision all around you and not just straight ahead is just awesome.

I'm having problems back home in the US though because of AC and ceiling fans on all the time. It can make them feel like they have a wooden frame. Eye drops counter this, but I've used a lot so far.... meanwhile I never use them back home.

I'm also missing the B&L Renu with Moisture Lock... seriously the whole product dissappears because some idiots get infections after leaving in their contacts all night and not cleaning them properly??
frown.gif

The opti-free is ok, but doesn't come close to the Renu.
frown.gif

Take the plunge, but keep some eye drops with you. Outside they'll feel like nothing at all, but inside your eyes will dry out quickly with the AC on.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #32 of 72
To those who think having contacts has something to do with vanity... What are you talking about? Since when did simply showing your face mean you are vain? That's like saying I am vain because I use quilted northern to whipe my bumbum rather than the cheap stuff. It's more of a convenience and comfort thing for me. Personally, I hate having glasses. They are nice for when you are having problems with your contacts or for when you go to bed, but I would never give up my contacts. I may someday get vision correction surgery, but I'm in no rush. I am one of those people that is very contact tolerable. I can go to sleep with them in and not take them out for weeks at a time. Very convenient for me.

edit* cleaned up some "offensive" words...

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #33 of 72
vanity as in "with regard to appearance" Learning english == it helps.
And unless you have the specialized versions, if you goto sleep in them and not taking them out for weeks, well then you're an idiot.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #34 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoobies
vanity as in "with regard to appearance" Learning english == it helps.
And unless you have the specialized versions, if you goto sleep in them and not taking them out for weeks, well then you're an idiot.

Excuse me sir, have I met you? Do you always talk to people you don't know like that?

My point was that it has nothing to do with apperance for me, but with comfort.

Anyway, mine are the kind you CAN leave in for extended periods of time, that's what they are made for, got that?

BTW, if you get this heated up over a thread about contacts, you may need to seek help, but I don't know you, so I'm not going to come to any conclusions. Unless, of course, you are some sort of eye sight enthusiast. If that is the case, then by all means you can tell me I'm an idiot all day, but don't be disappointed if I don't change my ways over it...
rolleyes.gif

edit* Oh, I see you got an edit in there before I could quote it properly. While you're at it, why don't you just edit out that whole idiot statement, I would appreciate it.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #35 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
Excuse me sir, have I met you? Do you always talk to people you don't know like that?

Anyway, mine are the kind you CAN leave in for extended periods of time, that's what they are made for, got that?

BTW, if you get this heated up over a thread about contacts, you may need to seek help, but I don't know you, so I'm not going to come to any conclusions. Unless, of course, you are some sort of eye sight enthusiast. If that is the case, then by all means you can tell me I'm an idiot all day, but don't be disappointed if I don't change my ways over it...
rolleyes.gif

Well why don't you cry about it?

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #36 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile

rolleyes.gif

edit* Oh, I see you got an edit in there before I could quote it properly. While you're at it, why don't you just edit out that whole idiot statement, I would appreciate it.

Heh, funny response to read to Zoob. Zoob, why would you just create a message yelling out to slade "I think your an idiot." Lmao, first of all, I'm pretty sure every poster in this thread understands what vanity is (or almost everybody on these forumsf or that matter.) Secondly, do you honestly think that somebody with contacts like sladeophile would not be aware that you need special contacts like the ones he has if you plan to keep them in for a long time?

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #37 of 72
Quote:

Well why don't you cry about it?

That atitude will get you nowhere here. How old were you again?

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #38 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Heh, funny response to read to Zoob. Zoob, why would you just create a message yelling out to slade "I think your an idiot." Lmao, first of all, I'm pretty sure every poster in this thread understands what vanity is (or almost everybody on these forumsf or that matter.) Secondly, do you honestly think that somebody with contacts like sladeophile would not be aware that you need special contacts like the ones he has if you plan to keep them in for a long time?

Short answer: yes.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #39 of 72
Quote:

Short answer: yes.

Wow, then when you order a pizza you probably tell them to make sure they use dough.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #40 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Wow, then when you order a pizza you probably tell them to make sure they use dough.

You must hear this a lot but, welcome to the ignore list.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #41 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
I'm also missing the B&L Renu with Moisture Lock... seriously the whole product dissappears because some idiots get infections after leaving in their contacts all night and not cleaning them properly??
frown.gif

Is that what happened? I had to toss out a practically full bottle because my sister told me B&L were pulling it off the shelves because of it causing fungus/infections. I didn't want to risk it so I just threw it out. But I agree, it was definitely my favorite solution that I've tried.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #42 of 72
Quote:

You must hear this a lot but, welcome to the ignore list.

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean, but you've been here 2 days and you're already insulting people... and not in a joking way AT ALL... Please take my advice and be quick to apologize when you say something unnecessary and try to be nice to the people that you may be asking questions from later, or possibly even buying equipment from. Really, word spreads fast around here, and if you make the wrong enemies (I really don't have any impact) you will be quickly outcast. We are a community, constructive criticism is good, wrongly based insults aren't.

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #43 of 72
actually, to me, zoobies looks and acts just like cookiefa....

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #44 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia

Elaborate on cookiefa, is that another member who was banned or something?

Jun 12, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #45 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia

I do not. In fact we are polar opposites he and I. The only thing we share in common is rugged good looks but I digress...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back