Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser 10 or Unique Melody Mentor ?
May 30, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #62 of 74
From the ones I own or have owned, purely for sound:

Top, tier 1 :SE5 ultimate, SE5 reference, NT6, Ref1 too

Top, tier 2 : Roxannes, 335, Miracles, 1plus2

Top, tier 3 : 846, Kaede

All the rest you can see in my profile is below. Still good but below. And as general package or for bass I love the 846.

so bass lovers will shure more than any iem, 

how do the k10 universal compare to roxanne universal

i want to buy an iem ( not layla though as its super expensive ) that is an upgrade to the shure 846, that is totally non fatiguing , warm, great bass

May 31, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #64 of 74
I'm a little intrigued re the ref 1 vs the 1p2... Absolutely know that the 1p2 has my sonic flavour set in its DNA!!

That is the problem though, when you're this close to the top of the pile, you lose the technical differences after a certain price point and end up with manufacturer tuning bias, as someone put earlier in the thread, it is then like chocolate vs vanilla or coke vs Pepsi...

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #68 of 74
  As good as the Velvet is (I LOVE mine), I think the likes of K10/Mentor still outperforms it by a fair margin. Just IMHO, of course.

A bit tongue and cheek I was being...but they are very good.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #69 of 74

Currently, the K10 is the highest ranked CIEM (according to Head Fi) with 16 five star reviews.  http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/custom-in-ear-monitors

What is the finish on these K10s, they look gorgeous. I am looking at the Prestige finishes and love the acrylic and fiber glass finishes, but I also love the wood finishes and I believe they may be better in their delivery of sound, like with string instruments being made out of different tonewoods, is this correct at all?   

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #70 of 74
I'm going to have to borrow a pair of K10U to compare to Layla, would love to know the difference first hand...

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #71 of 74

What is the finish on these K10s, they look gorgeous. I am looking at the Prestige finishes and love the acrylic and fiber glass finishes, but I also love the wood finishes and I believe they may be better in their delivery of sound, like with string instruments being made out of different tonewoods, is this correct at all?   

Those are Spalted Tamarin

Both the K10 and the Savant can be purchased in "Prestige" format

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 22, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #72 of 74

Those are Spalted Tamarin

Both the K10 and the Savant can be purchased in "Prestige" format

thanks
Does the wood finish have a effect on the music?

Also do you know what this finish is?

Noble-Audio-Prestige-10-Driver-CIEM-02.jpg

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #74 of 74
Pardon me bringing this thread up again, but I have impressions of both the IEMs being mentioned here, which I would like to share and perhaps, would be useful to whoever that may be making similar decisions or gaining further insights between the two.

First off, I own the mentor and have been using it for quite some time, I pair it with my current DAP, the Sony ZX2 and do not use any DAC/AMP in between. For someone who owns the mentor, allow me to make a simple comparison to the K10 Universal Aluminium which I had the chance to listened to.

When I first received the K10, I realize just how small my mentors are, the mentors, to my estimate is around 2/3 the size of the K10, despite both being universal and with 10 drivers each. I have relatively small ears so K10 does protrude out quite a bit for me, but may be perfectly fine for others.

The most obvious difference I heard, is the overall presentation of the music, for the K10, its a very mid centric IEM, similar to Shure SE846. The mids or rather, vocals are more forward and covers a bigger area when compared to the mentor, whereas mentor has a more laid back vocal, but both, sounds warm to me, just a matter of frequency placements and importance difference. Because the K10 have a larger and more forward mids, the perceived soundstage suffers a little, it feels less expansive compared to the mentor. Similarly due to the expansive mids, the details are just a tad less obvious on the K10. Bass wise, mentor has harder hitting bass and is stronger, whereas the K10 sounds quite neutral but is equally separated between mid and low end bass. Volume wise, my zx2 drives the K10 a notch lower for even volume on the same song. 

My verdict is that the K10s are very mid centric iems, and going by today's songs, I can see very well why its well received by the community. Between mentor and K10, I do not think there's a better iem between the two, but a matter of different taste/ sound signature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back