Wan Xuan (Beat Audio) wx i9pro custom IEM review: 14mm of Dynamic Power
Dec 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #17 of 60
Really intrested in these. It sounds just my kind of thing. But how does rock music sound in these. And is the isolation really that poor like fx700? I would need one that I can listen on the noisy street, could this be? Thanx a lot.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #18 of 60
Really intrested in these. It sounds just my kind of thing. But how does rock music sound in these. And is the isolation really that poor like fx700? I would need one that I can listen on the noisy street, could this be? Thanx a lot.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #19 of 60

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #21 of 60
Hmmm, I thought I responded days ago, sorry for the delay. 

Isolation is better than the FX700, probably similar to the Merlin and mg6pro with no vent filter, and a bit less than the TS842. 

If you like rock music with the FX700 you should like this also, although the presentation is warmer and fuller.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 60

Quote:
Hmmm, I thought I responded days ago, sorry for the delay. 

Isolation is better than the FX700, probably similar to the Merlin and mg6pro with no vent filter, and a bit less than the TS842. 

If you like rock music with the FX700 you should like this also, although the presentation is warmer and fuller.

The Wan Xuan will have less isolation than the MG6Pro in that case as there is a neutral filter underneath the low-frequency vent system and, going by people's reports, has better isolation than the merlin.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #23 of 60
While I can't say for sure at this time, the isolation is better than a FX500 in direct comparison. The Merlin I tried was a demo and the i9pro isolated better than the demo, but a real custom should isolate better than the demo.  On a plane with no music playing the i9pro isolates 3-4 dB less than a sealed custom IEM, but with music playing the difference is closer to around 2 dB from the standard acrylic shelled CIEMs. 

I thought the filter vent was interchangeable and the mg6pro could be used without the vent for more bass. The i9pro has enhanced bass, so that configuration would seem to be the most comparable. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #24 of 60

Quote:
While I can't say for sure at this time, the isolation is better than a FX500 in direct comparison. The Merlin I tried was a demo and the i9pro isolated better than the demo, but a real custom should isolate better than the demo.  On a plane with no music playing the i9pro isolates 3-4 dB less than a sealed custom IEM, but with music playing the difference is closer to around 2 dB from the standard acrylic shelled CIEMs. 

I thought the filter vent was interchangeable and the mg6pro could be used without the vent for more bass. The i9pro has enhanced bass, so that configuration would seem to be the most comparable. 

So, there's a LVF (low frequency vent) system which can be closed or three sizes of open. But, when the LVF is open it's not just an opening to the very mouth of hell itself. For, Lo!, a filter neutral filter stands in the way, even as the Cherubim guarded the east gate of Eden, with a fiery sword that turned about in divers directions. Selah. 

Does that make more sense?

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #26 of 60
@siwei87: did you decide on a custom IEM?  Are there any owners on head-fi?

I have been listening to the i9pro today and forgot just how good, and bass heavy and spacious it is.  It is really a fantasitic upgrade from an IE8 or 80 and is great with electronic (dub step, D&B, trance, etc) and hip-hop.

And they come in white!

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #28 of 60
Quote:
I notice on the first page, people were asking about a comparison with the UM Merlin... Has one been composed yet?

I am not too sure if anyone has both the Merlin and i9pro.  The Merlin demo unit I heard didn't seem to be representative of the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back