Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Apr 21, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,778 of 3,631
  I accidentally ordered 5 TI5532 op amps so don't feel bad.  

It seems the talk of opamps on this thread has died out, I guess everyone has what they need. I'll keep looking at ordering more, I guess... I mean, they are cheap right? 5 for $3.00? Wow. I'll sell the unused ones to a member on the forum after I get them all. If it's worth it... Apparently, delivery is in 3 months, lol.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #2,781 of 3,631
  It's safe to allow the Walnut v2 li-ion battery to die when charging? 

I've read in this thread, that for Walnut burn-in, some members plug their Walnut into one of those large capacity power banks (maybe a 20000mah one) and then just plug in SD card with music and a headphone, hit play, and forget about it for a few days (or weeks, lol)

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #2,782 of 3,631
  I've read in this thread, that for Walnut burn-in, some members plug their Walnut into one of those large capacity power banks (maybe a 20000mah one) and then just plug in SD card with music and a headphone, hit play, and forget about it for a few days (or weeks, lol)

Oh okay, that's very cool. I wonder if a USB adapter connected to a wall out would do the same thing?

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,783 of 3,631
Oh okay, that's very cool. I wonder if a USB adapter connected to a wall out would do the same thing?

Yes will do the same thing. Which version is your Walnut and are you on the stock opamp? A few days ago I ordered the Walnut V2 and asked the seller which version they will send me and he/she said it's the latest version with data port. So I still don't know if I made the right choice by ordering the latest version which has the soldered opamp and not easy to change the opamps as the previous one. :confused:

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #2,784 of 3,631
Yes will do the same thing. Which version is your Walnut and are you on the stock opamp? A few days ago I ordered the Walnut V2 and asked the seller which version they will send me and he/she said it's the latest version with data port. So I still don't know if I made the right choice by ordering the latest version which has the soldered opamp and not easy to change the opamps as the previous one. :confused:

I think mine is v2.0 with the opamp swapabiility, but I haven't opened it to double check. I've ordered a bunch of opamp's (5) and a puller tool anyway. 

Maybe check out a Zishan Z1, it seems better than the Walnut v2. 

I'm also waiting for a second and the new Walnut with non-swappable opamp. It's not possible to be changed, easily.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #2,785 of 3,631
I think mine is v2.0 with the opamp swapabiility, but I haven't opened it to double check. I've ordered a bunch of opamp's (5) and a puller tool anyway. 

Maybe check out a Zishan Z1, it seems better than the Walnut v2. 

I'm also waiting for a second and the new Walnut with non-swappable opamp. It's not possible to be changed, easily.

If it has the hold switch behind it should be old version, on the latest one (I think it's called V2.1) they removed the hold switch and added a data port afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back