1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last
  1. Dark Helmet
    I accidentally ordered 5 TI5532 op amps so don't feel bad.  

2. heraleks
    For reduce the brightness of "instruction" LED, you can try replacing R27 from 1.5 kΩ to 3-4.7 kΩ. I not try yet, but it must work.

3. LaughMoreDaily
    It seems the talk of opamps on this thread has died out, I guess everyone has what they need. I'll keep looking at ordering more, I guess... I mean, they are cheap right? 5 for $3.00? Wow. I'll sell the unused ones to a member on the forum after I get them all. If it's worth it... Apparently, delivery is in 3 months, lol.

4. LaughMoreDaily
    The Walnut is magical, it's like what music was like listening to at home about twenty to thirty years ago... but better! It's in a portable!

5. LaughMoreDaily
    It's safe to allow the Walnut v2 li-ion battery to die when charging? 

6. macky112
    I've read in this thread, that for Walnut burn-in, some members plug their Walnut into one of those large capacity power banks (maybe a 20000mah one) and then just plug in SD card with music and a headphone, hit play, and forget about it for a few days (or weeks, lol)

7. LaughMoreDaily
    Oh okay, that's very cool. I wonder if a USB adapter connected to a wall out would do the same thing?

8. ozkan

Yes will do the same thing. Which version is your Walnut and are you on the stock opamp? A few days ago I ordered the Walnut V2 and asked the seller which version they will send me and he/she said it's the latest version with data port. So I still don't know if I made the right choice by ordering the latest version which has the soldered opamp and not easy to change the opamps as the previous one. :confused:

9. LaughMoreDaily
    I think mine is v2.0 with the opamp swapabiility, but I haven't opened it to double check. I've ordered a bunch of opamp's (5) and a puller tool anyway. 

Maybe check out a Zishan Z1, it seems better than the Walnut v2. 

I'm also waiting for a second and the new Walnut with non-swappable opamp. It's not possible to be changed, easily.

10. ozkan

If it has the hold switch behind it should be old version, on the latest one (I think it's called V2.1) they removed the hold switch and added a data port afaik.

11. silverfishla
    I thought the newest version of the Walnut reverted back to switchable op amp due to demand. I think I read that here?

12. LaughMoreDaily
    It's only a rumor at this point until we see the v2.2 floating around...

13. silverfishla
    Do you have a newer one? Have you looked inside?

14. LaughMoreDaily
    There's no reason to look inside until my new opamps arrive in 2 months, sorry. I don't think it matters at this point.

15. LaughMoreDaily
    New Opamps waiting to arrive: LM6172IN, LT1364CN8, JRC5532DD, OPA2604AP (Burr Brown), NE5532AN (Thailand stamp), NE5532N (Philips) - Maybe a duplicate?

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last