Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,536 of 3,631
  I've been waiting almost three months for my CKLewis order. I asked for him to send another one, but I think I might just cancel it altogether. It'll be five months after ordering at that point. I obviously don't recommend him.

He shipped it by Singapore Post 4PX, it's possible they don't accept batteries in shipments and it was confiscated?

Hmm.. I'm not too sure about the batteries issue. All my Aliexpress orders shipping I chose is the default Aliexpress Free shipping option. I once purchased the Benjie S5 from Aliexpress, no batteries shipping issue.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #2,537 of 3,631
Well, I just did a search on Lazada Singapore, and look what I found.

Looks like CKLewis has a store on Lazada.

http://www.lazada.sg/new-diy-mp3-v2-professional-lossless-music-mp3-hifi-music-playersupport-32gb-tf-card-expansion-and-support-headphone-amplifier-intl-14880548.html?ff=1

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #2,539 of 3,631

Oh dayum! That's a good price!

About the same as Aliexpress after you factor in card charges etc.

Lazada is already in SGD.

And for the forum people info, I have contacted CK Lewis (Mr. Lewis Liu)  and he confirmed that this (Lazada Store) is his official store. I messaged him on Aliexpress a moment ago to confirm.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #2,540 of 3,631
Just used the AliExpress Android app, to order a Walnut from the DD-Audio Store, for $23.76 w/free ePacket shipping to the USA.

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #2,541 of 3,631

Hmm.. I'm not too sure about the batteries issue. All my Aliexpress orders shipping I chose is the default Aliexpress Free shipping option. I once purchased the Benjie S5 from Aliexpress, no batteries shipping issue.

Thanks. I guess someone stole his package. It was supposed to arrive weeks ago.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #2,542 of 3,631
Yes, that is worthy of sadness no doubt! 

The Walnut/V5i combo really does bring the Sextetts to life. I'm always listening to them now that they found the 'nut.

It doesn't take much to get the light blinking again. A little touch of the volume knob does it for me. Have you tried it with the micro sd card removed?

That's not such a crazy idea actually. I also love how long it lasts on a single charge (that's one of the reasons I use the C&C BH amp the most).

We had a fire in our house a while back and somewhere in all the mess my Sextett's disappeared, I'm pretty sure someone from the cleaning company did break them and didn't tell as none of my other stuff is missing. I've filed a complaint so I'll probably get some money back for them but not much enough to buy a new pair I'm afraid.

When yours starts flashing again because you touch the volume knob does it still work properly as an amp?

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,543 of 3,631
I was afraid of this question in due to my bad English
smily_headphones1.gif
With minus the output capacitors to ground 1kΩ to reduce the effect of static electricity and pops when when plugging headphones. Also, I used a 16kΩ resistor in parallel with R17 to increase the supply voltage opamp from 15 to 24V. All caps changed to 25V before I did this. This do better stability of LM6172.

Will 2.2k Ohm work, and does it matter if it's 1/4 watt or 1/8 watt?

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,544 of 3,631
  Will 2.2k Ohm work, and does it matter if it's 1/4 watt or 1/8 watt?

1k ohm is ideal
2k ohm is not ideal but will work in a pinch
2,2k i would just hold out to get my hands on something below 1.5k.
And might as well go for 1/4 watt since the resistors are literally there just to drain the caps empty.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #2,547 of 3,631
  1k ohm is ideal
2k ohm is not ideal but will work in a pinch
2,2k i would just hold out to get my hands on something below 1.5k.
And might as well go for 1/4 watt since the resistors are literally there just to drain the caps empty.

Makes me wonder if this has anything to do with the noise I have been getting excluding the poo noise from inserting the headphone in to the jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back