Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Mar 2, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #2,296 of 3,631
  Measures (@ 1KHz, 0dBFS), using DMM:
Output impedance: phones out, 100Ω
Max. output (not clipping / "low" distortion): phones out, 3.32Vrms (@64Ω) (that's 172mW @64Ω).
Didn't try measuring @32Ω. It will start clipping earlier, so guessing about 2.8V to 3Vrms @32Ω, it would be 250mW-280mW

Thanks! I was mainly wondering if the walnut would drive my K240 sextetts which I haven't had with me since getting the walnut. Well, I am now in possession of them, and as far as I am concerned, the walnut has no problem driving them and they are sounding awesome off of it. Crazy 'nut keeps getting crazier lol

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2,297 of 3,631
I am starting to wonder if the tag/album art problem is only on WAV files with ID3 tags.

WAVs are not intended to have ID3 tags added but plenty of players will do it anyway.

I have a 16GB card with 949 MP3's on it. Not a single WAV.  Complex ID3 tags and album art on nearly every track. Not one glitch!

I almost was about to think there was a new firmware update until i realized it was not glitching at the end of tracks on all my walnuts.

However all I am really using is the corrupted fake Sandisk card, as it had just enough usable space to fit Too $hort's whole discography up through Gettin' It (Album Number Ten).

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,298 of 3,631
personally i got more glitches with untaggued waves (switch to very loud white noise in the middle of a file because something corrupted idk it plays fine on my computer) than with a 64gb card formatted in exfat full of mp3s.
tongue_smile.gif
 (flawless actually)

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #2,299 of 3,631
  personally i got more glitches with untaggued waves (switch to very loud white noise in the middle of a file because something corrupted idk it plays fine on my computer) than with a 64gb card formatted in exfat full of mp3s.
tongue_smile.gif
 (flawless actually)

Probably a corrupted wav stream, many tools including foobar can fix this!

exFAT works? hmmm... interesting...!!!

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #2,301 of 3,631
Could someone please do me a favor and post the close up photos of top side and bottom side pcb traces around the two 100u caps

I need to do some repair again and would like to know how are the traces around those two caps

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #2,302 of 3,631
Could someone please do me a favor and post the close up photos of top side and bottom side pcb traces around the two 100u caps

I need to do some repair again and would like to know how are the traces around those two caps

Thanks!

I would but honestly quicker than i could do that, i would recommend clicking the all images from this thread on the side, and there are some good high res photos of both sides pcb!

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #2,303 of 3,631
hey, somebody could help me?

why i can't play 24 bit/48 khz on my walnut.

i converted flac to wav 24 bit and 48 khz with mediahuman audio converter (i'm a mac user), remove the metadata with tag stripper and place it in the SD card

but when i try to play it just some robotic noise i hear.

anything i do wrong with it?

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #2,304 of 3,631

i converted flac to wav 24 bit and 48 khz with mediahuman audio converter (i'm a mac user), remove the metadata with tag stripper and place it in the SD card

If i am not wrong you are supposed to convert it to 16bit..

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #2,306 of 3,631

Forgot i didnt edit that out.

The answer = no 24 bit

Edit: I just went to the front page and there is no 24 bit anywhere, except one place where it says to convert 24 to 16 bit. Please let me know where it is and i will fix it

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #2,308 of 3,631
Forgot i didnt edit that out.

The answer = no 24 bit

Edit: I just went to the front page and there is no 24 bit anywhere, except one place where it says to convert 24 to 16 bit. Please let me know where it is and i will fix it

okay thanks, it clears me out.

you said it on your 2nd post btw, post #2 in specs and preparing for use section.

even you said you've tested it personally. that's why i start wondering if mine was defected since it can't play 24 bit wav

I confirm that only 16bit wav is working for me. I believe he copy pasted the description on the Aliexpress link which appears to be wrong.

yeah thanks for the confirmation
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2,310 of 3,631
  I would but honestly quicker than i could do that, i would recommend clicking the all images from this thread on the side, and there are some good high res photos of both sides pcb!

cool, thank you for pointing out this forum function!

and I found useful images from TRANCE and Dark Helmet

thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back