Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Mar 1, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #2,266 of 3,631
 I have only replaced the stock pot and power cap, and I find that many op amps exhibit very light audible hum at the lowest volume setting and max volume setting(I listen for this with the stop button engaged, but at roughly the middle position of the volume rotation the noise is inaudible.  Can I expect this to go away as the op amp gets settled in?

I love the sound of the V5i, but the noise though very low bothers me, and I'm hoping it needs to burn in/acclimate to the circuit.  Is this a foolish thought?

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #2,267 of 3,631
   I have only replaced the stock pot and power cap, and I find that many op amps exhibit very light audible hum at the lowest volume setting and max volume setting(I listen for this with the stop button engaged, but at roughly the middle position of the volume rotation the noise is inaudible.  Can I expect this to go away as the op amp gets settled in?

I love the sound of the V5i, but the noise though very low bothers me, and I'm hoping it needs to burn in/acclimate to the circuit.  Is this a foolish thought?

The V5i won't acclimate, the walnut just simply isn't a refined enough circuit to make proper use of all the benefits the v5i has to offer.
I found it was much better putting the V5i in an great sounding but low output power amp and double amping that with the walnut. Much more detail came thru.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #2,272 of 3,631
  It's not bad in there, i find it tiring though after a while!

To me it fills in the gaps that the 5532 is missing, it can be a little in your face on certain tracks, but the gains are worth it.  For today anyway.
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #2,274 of 3,631
Who has the fastest shipping times so far? Rose Electronic and E-Packet?

I made my order with CKLewis on Jan 6, it was shipped on Jan 13th. It's now March 1st. I doubt I'll use this seller again.

These two month wait times are insane, especially if the package doesn't even show up.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #2,275 of 3,631

I made my order with CKLewis on Jan 6, it was shipped on Jan 13th. It's now March 1st. I doubt I'll use this seller again.

These two month wait times are insane, especially if the package doesn't even show up.

There's a new store carrying the Walnut if you want to give that a try. Zero feedback at all and no followers when I stumbled across them. Kinda odd of the 14 things they sell, you have a Walnut and FLC8S. The Walnut and **** 6-in-1 don't really surprise me though.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #2,276 of 3,631

There's a new store carrying the Walnut if you want to give that a try. Zero feedback at all and no followers when I stumbled across them. Kinda odd of the 14 things they sell, you have a Walnut and FLC8S. The Walnut and **** 6-in-1 don't really surprise me though.

Congrats for your 4K post :) Party !

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,280 of 3,631

Rose E-Packet:
Ordered Feb 6
26-02-2017 14:35The item is on transport to the country of destination
25-02-2017 18:28The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
25-02-2017 18:28The item is at the PostNL sorting center
24-02-2017 12:17The Item is at the shippers warehouse
23-02-2017 04:46The item is ready for shipment
22-02-2017 03:31The item is pre-advised

I'm not impressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back