Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Mar 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,281 of 3,631
Guys please don't forget to be mad at the relevant postal services and not your sellers for the shipping times. The sellers don't have much control over it aside from getting the package out the door quickly.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #2,282 of 3,631
  Guys please don't forget to be mad at the relevant postal services and not your sellers for the shipping times. The sellers don't have much control over it aside from getting the package out the door quickly.

FYI, CKLewis only offers one worthwhile option of shipping to Canada. Shouldn't we be mad about that? I think so. Every seller I've noticed offers other affordable options.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #2,283 of 3,631
  FYI, CKLewis only offers one worthwhile option of shipping to Canada. Shouldn't we be mad about that? I think so. Every seller I've noticed offers other affordable options.

even to usa cklewis refuses to ship them epacket because of the battery. i have asked them, they will only send via singapore post as battery mail is allowed there.

the truth is battery is not allowed by epacket, but, some sellers do it anyway...

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,284 of 3,631

I ordered E-Packet on that order to see if it was worth the added cost. It has nothing to do with the seller. This is just a test...I repeat: this is just a test. At this point I'd say that E-Packet is not worth it to me. But we'll see. The "tracking" is pretty much the same. Practically useless.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2,285 of 3,631
I ordered E-Packet on that order to see if it was worth the added cost. It has nothing to do with the seller. This is just a test...I repeat: this is just a test. At this point I'd say that E-Packet is not worth it to me. But we'll see. The "tracking" is pretty much the same. Practically useless.

Sounds like it depends what country you're in. I find AliExpress Standard delivery to be really good, to UK at least, so I wouldn't pay extra for another option. Fully tracked door to door with a text message on the day of delivery from Royal Mail, and generally takes around 3 weeks from placing order (record being just over a week!) Longest wait has been around 5 weeks, when things seemed to be held up in London for a long while, just after New Year.

China Post airmail is probably about the same, but there's more suspense involved once it leaves China, as no tracking beyond that.

Have used E-Packet once, and it didn't seem significantly different

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #2,286 of 3,631
Aliexpress standard shipping is super random. Depending on the region the seller is located it can be 10days to 7weeks. In my experience cklewis was lighting fast so maybe ur package was lost if it has been 2 month in transit :-$ at this point it might pop tomorrow,in a month or never. I had epacket once and it was 20days. So Netherlands people can ignore epacket. It really depends of the country
I heard people have 5-7days shipping with epacket.(USA?)

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #2,287 of 3,631
Aliexpress standard shipping is super random. Depending on the region the seller is located it can be 10days to 7weeks. In my experience cklewis was lighting fast so maybe ur package was lost if it has been 2 month in transit :-$ at this point it might pop tomorrow,in a month or never. I had epacket once and it was 20days. So Netherlands people can ignore epacket. It really depends of the country
I heard people have 5-7days shipping with epacket.(USA?)

What does someone do in the case of a missing package? CKLewis's order just arrived in my country a week ago, so I guess I'll give it 12 more days (the last date of the delivery process).

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,288 of 3,631
Sounds like it depends what country you're in. I find AliExpress Standard delivery to be really good, to UK at least, so I wouldn't pay extra for another option. Fully tracked door to door with a text message on the day of delivery from Royal Mail, and generally takes around 3 weeks from placing order (record being just over a week!) Longest wait has been around 5 weeks, when things seemed to be held up in London for a long while, just after New Year.

China Post airmail is probably about the same, but there's more suspense involved once it leaves China, as no tracking beyond that.

Have used E-Packet once, and it didn't seem significantly different

Yup that is why I tested E-Packet. When I order I take for granted that I would see it for 60 days. If it arrives sooner then I have a pleasant surprise. I'm only getting fast shipping from Gear Best. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #2,289 of 3,631
In case anyone is interested, my post- Chinese New Year walnut...Bought from Skoold store (having given a spare one away to my brother). Came with the usual (SD to USB gadget, audio cable, charge cable and likely dodgy 8gb 'kingston' card.

Sound differences - nil - powerful, great sound quality.

Look - slightly more faded looking print, and a VERY bright led, the picture doesn't do that justice but here goes, the newer walnut on the left...In real, it's a bit bright to look at head on, the older one being far more subdued. When it flashes, I really would want to cover it up, for the sake of nearby traffic :-D

Pardon the rubbish phone picture. The sound is of course what matters, and as I say, sounds great.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #2,291 of 3,631
Look - slightly more faded looking print, and a VERY bright led, the picture doesn't do that justice but here goes, the newer walnut on the left...In real, it's a bit bright to look at head on, the older one being far more subdued. When it flashes, I really would want to cover it up, for the sake of nearby traffic :-D

I prefer the old looking Walnut. I hope I get that one.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2,293 of 3,631

Power output measurements will be posted when I get a chance to do them. If anyone else is willing to measure theirs, i would be more than happy to put their findings here and credit them. If not, please wait for my measurements to replace this message. 

Sorry if I missed it, but has this been determined yet? I usually relate to output mW @ 32ohms, and I'm just curious what the walnut's output power is.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #2,294 of 3,631

Sorry if I missed it, but has this been determined yet? I usually relate to output mW @ 32ohms, and I'm just curious what the walnut's output power is.

@hakuzen  and @macky112  both posted measurements, they are linked in the first post but hidden inside spoilers because they are tons of images.
I forget what impedance they tested at but it should be in there? I think it was either 16 or 32 ohms.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #2,295 of 3,631

@hakuzen  and @macky112  both posted measurements, they are linked in the first post but hidden inside spoilers because they are tons of images.
I forget what impedance they tested at but it should be in there? I think it was either 16 or 32 ohms.

Measures (@ 1KHz, 0dBFS), using DMM:
Output impedance: phones out, 100Ω
Max. output (not clipping / "low" distortion): phones out, 3.32Vrms (@64Ω) (that's 172mW @64Ω).
Didn't try measuring @32Ω. It will start clipping earlier, so guessing about 2.8V to 3Vrms @32Ω, it would be 250mW-280mW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back