Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 13, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #229 of 3,631
Never owned an Alien, but always wanted one, just not for how much it cost. But I threw a chart together to see where each player falls short of the other... well I don't really want it now that I have Walnuts and my second is due to arrive this week :)

Hopefully we get answers to Walnut's real output power ratings....

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #230 of 3,631
  Never owned an Alien, but always wanted one, just not for how much it cost. But I threw a chart together to see where each player falls short of the other... well I don't really want it now that I have Walnuts and my second is due to arrive this week :)

Now Shozy will chase after you Vapman.. be prepared :D You have opened the Pandora's Box !

Dec 13, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #232 of 3,631

max gigs on a sd card?

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #235 of 3,631
Try getting the people with the shozy alien buy a Walnut and let them compare in what they think. I bet it might them mad for spending a lot on something that a 25 dollars player can do

Well there are already lots of players for <$50 that can do what the Alien can do, and even have screens :D still like my Alien though, sounds *just right* with some of my IEMs, but I can't argue that it's a terrific "giant killer" of value.

I think my main question w/ the Walnut is if the sound will be ok for me since relative to Vapman I get the feeling I might be characterized as an ear-stabbing enthusiast.

Would be really cool if they sold these as DIY kits... a DAP for the price of a cMOY.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #238 of 3,631
Seems like I have joined the race. My Xduoo X3 died a while ago. Can't say no to that price.
smily_headphones1.gif

My sincere condolences on your loss. 
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #240 of 3,631
Great alien comparo vapman!

I followed the alien thread, but just could never bring myself to pay that much for a screenless player. $20 is a whole other matter though, and now I'm excited about a screenlees player lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back