Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 20, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #511 of 3,631
Happy Birthday and celebrate .I didn't expect that Walnut V2 will work so well with the laptops, I will have to try it myself once they ( 3) get here . Don't forget to do that modification on the Koss headphones, won't take you long and the sound will change in better.

Is this mod just enlarging the pre-existing holes? If so, how large?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #514 of 3,631
(A quick note on Walnut durability: let's just say if either of my Walnuts had screens.... they'd be broken right now. They have both taken more falls than I care to admit and both are still 100% perfect.)

Happy birthday vapman. Wish all the best for you. Don't you want to do a give away your bursson v5i walnut for your birthday? :grin:

Btw, is there indonesian here?

☝☝☝

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #515 of 3,631
Happy Birthday and celebrate .I didn't expect that Walnut V2 will work so well with the laptops, I will have to try it myself once they ( 3) get here . Don't forget to do that modification on the Koss headphones, won't take you long and the sound will change in better.

Is this mod just enlarging the pre-existing holes? If so, how large?

Not enlarging the existing ones, making new holes 18x4 mm each grill.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #516 of 3,631

Walnut vs. Alien...
Alien has less background noise (but Walnut isn't bad at all)
I would like to say Alien has slightly better separation, tighter bass response, wider sound stage and a less HF roll-off. Changing op-amps in the Walnut may narrow the slim margin Alien is winning by. Otherwise they are fairly similar and all the aforementioned is only by a little.
To be fair, Alien has hundreds of hours on it and Walnut is around 20hrs, so not sure if burn-in will effect any of the above. My wife uses Alien for her gym rig so I haven't listened to if for a while, it was nice to hear again.

well that tells all about wallnut, i cant wait for my unit to arrive :)

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #518 of 3,631
Happy Bday @vapman bro! Just gotten my S5 ytd and my Zishan awhile ago. Cant wait for the Walnut!

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #519 of 3,631
My Walnut is still in Taobao purgatory. Does anyone know what the below means? Should I be doing anything? Thanks.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #520 of 3,631
  My Walnut is still in Taobao purgatory. Does anyone know what the below means? Should I be doing anything? Thanks.

I used Mr Tao. Seems to be easier communication.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #521 of 3,631
  I used Mr Tao. Seems to be easier communication.

I would consider trying to cancel my order and ordering it again somewhere else, but I'm not even sure how to cancel it lol.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #522 of 3,631

I would consider trying to cancel my order and ordering it again somewhere else, but I'm not even sure how to cancel it lol.

That might just put you further back in the line.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #523 of 3,631
So it is confirmed that Walnut v2 is the best DAP for listening to Gucci Mane's Christmas mixtapes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back